Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For ease of navigation, the Hilton Rewards FAQ is distributed across posts 1-10 in this thread. This wiki does not duplicate that content; instead, it provides an index to the various sections of the FAQ.
Print Wikipost

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2012, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Thanks for this excellent thread - I am getting into the HH program now and was excited to read about the AXON rates - however, I checked the Surpass website today to look at the card and saw the following:

We’d like to see you more, for less.

With your Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass® Card, you can redeem for less. Receive 4 HHonors reward nights at categories 5 or 6 properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio at a special rate exclusively for Cardmembers.13

Call 1-800-920-5649 to redeem a four night stay:

Category 5 hotels — 125,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 140,000). Mention promo code AXON5.
Category 6 hotels — 145,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 160,000). Mention promo code AXON6.

No mention of AXON7 and the AXON6 redeems at the rate you discuss for AXON7.

Am I missing something?
From the entry on AXON, which you quoted in full,
Also, as noted in the September 2011 thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ging-axon.html, some American Express websites list outdated AXON point costs (i.e., showing 6 as the top HHonors category).
Old Jun 16, 2012, 5:03 pm

Does the Citi Hilton Visa Signature credit card give you AXON access? or it is just the Amex Hilton cards?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by longleaf
Does the Citi Hilton Visa Signature credit card give you AXON access? or it is just the Amex Hilton cards?
Only AmEx.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 9:59 am

Do you need enough HHonors points in your account to make a booking in order to see available dates? I haven't received my bonuses yet and when I look for award nights in any hotel they always say not available for any date!
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by aureo11
Do you need enough HHonors points in your account to make a booking in order to see available dates? I haven't received my bonuses yet and when I look for award nights in any hotel they always say not available for any date!
No, just "check" the box "Use HHonors Points," you will then see the available points options, including "Points & Cash."

Happy hunting!
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
No, just "check" the box "Use HHonors Points," you will then see the available points options, including "Points & Cash."

Happy hunting!
Just remember to be logged in when searching as well. I've noticed significant availability differences when logged in as an elite member vs. just checking as a general person.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by Deemus7
Just remember to be logged in when searching as well. I've noticed significant availability differences when logged in as an elite member vs. just checking as a general person.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind as I can't say I've had much luck finding availability so far.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 5:15 pm

Programs: HH diamond
If you don't have enough points and want to see available dates, do NOT sign in. You won't see any availability. When you're ready to book AND have enough points, sign in to see extra availability, esp if you are Diamond
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:01 am

I posted the following yesterday in the Arc de Triomphe Paris thread yesterday where it received no response. Trying again here:

I'm considering getting a Hilton Amex just to use acquired points on an AXON stay for my family next summer at ADT Paris. I don't know our specific dates, but I believe I'll likely want to avoid the Air Show week and also possibly the French Open. Playing around with some dates it looks like a night in Late May through early July cost 243,831 points and then drops to 66,884 points in mid July for a DBL DBL Superior Room.

Can someone explain how/if an AXON7 (140k for four nights at Cat 7) award can be used at the ADT in May, June or July 2013 for a DBL DBL room? Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by 8tracks
Can someone explain how/if an AXON7 (140k for four nights at Cat 7) award can be used at the ADT in May, June or July 2013 for a DBL DBL room? Thanks.
AXON awards require Standard award room availability. A double-double may be a premium award; anything more than 50K points per night will be premium.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 8tracks
I posted the following yesterday in the Arc de Triomphe Paris thread yesterday where it received no response. Trying again here
Please note that FT rules prohibit this sort of duplicative posting. Also, this thread is not meant for general discussion; see the note in post #1 re using the various master threads.

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
AXON awards require Standard award room availability. A double-double may be a premium award; anything more than 50K points per night will be premium.
Indeed, as post #4 says explicitly,
Originally Posted by beltway
As with standard and VIP rewards, AXON rewards apply only to standard rooms, and not to higher room categories. See the discussion at the end of post #1 concerning capacity controls.
Please take any further discussion to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html. Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
For general discussion of hotel reward categories, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ve-thread.html. Also useful is the Excel spreadsheet listing all Hilton hotels by category (current through 2010; note that file is 900K) maintained by Blonde Bomber.
Oops, not trying to cross post but found it might be more appropriate to post here, anyone know when this was last updated?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:23 am

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
VIP Only Rewards

Not available at this time, according to their website.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hedoman
Not available at this time, according to their website.
Already noted and remarked upon in the main VIP/GLON entry (post #3) above:
Note: As of May 12, 2012, the Hilton website page previously providing information about VIP/GLON awards has been amended to state that "[t]here are currently no VIP-Only Reward options available." This is incorrect, at least for the time being. As of May 14, VIP awards are fully bookable as described below.
It's still incorrect. I'm looking at the website right now & seeing VIP/GLON rates for a randomly selected 4-night stay.

On a broader note,
Please don't use this thread for general discussion of the reward options described here. Listed in the topic-specific posts below are various "definitive threads" where such discussion properly belongs.
If you've read the relevant entry above & think it's wrong/outdated, please do post here. If you haven't read the relevant entry first, you're doing it wrong. If, having failed to check the FAQ first, you're reporting that Hilton has stopped offering reward option X -- and you haven't even bothered to check by trying a dummy booking -- well, I respectfully suggest that you're not helping anyone by posting.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Thanks for this excellent thread - I am getting into the HH program now and was excited to read about the AXON rates - however, I checked the Surpass website today to look at the card and saw the following:

We’d like to see you more, for less.

With your Hilton HHonorsTM Surpass® Card, you can redeem for less. Receive 4 HHonors reward nights at categories 5 or 6 properties within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio at a special rate exclusively for Cardmembers.13

Call 1-800-920-5649 to redeem a four night stay:

Category 5 hotels — 125,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 140,000). Mention promo code AXON5.
Category 6 hotels — 145,000 HHonors bonus points (normally 160,000). Mention promo code AXON6.

No mention of AXON7 and the AXON6 redeems at the rate you discuss for AXON7.

Am I missing something?
I just booked an AXON7 award for April, 145K for 4 nights so it's still valid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.