Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This guide has been removed.
Print Wikipost

Making sense of Hilton reward options [UPDATED January 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Mlife Gold, IHG Platinum, SW for domestic, AA for international
I'm planning on a stay with the Hilton Tokyo (50k points per night) for 7 nights (checking in on Mon, checking out following Mon) using points, 2 free weekend nights certificate from the Reserve card, and 5th night free. Could someone please check my math and let me know if the following is correct:

50,000 x 7 = 350,000 total points needed
350,000 / 7 = 50,000 <-- worth of the 5th night free
350,000 - 50,000 (5th night free) - $100,000 (50k x 2 free weekend nights certificate) = 200,000 points needed
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BigTravelSmallMoney
I'm planning on a stay with the Hilton Tokyo (50k points per night) for 7 nights (checking in on Mon, checking out following Mon) using points, 2 free weekend nights certificate from the Reserve card, and 5th night free. Could someone please check my math and let me know if the following is correct:

350,000 - 50,000 (5th night free) - $100,000 (50k x 2 free weekend nights certificate) = 200,000 points needed
Your calculations are a bit odd — really, the points portion is just 5 nights, 4x50K + 5th night free — but the bottom line is correct, assuming your weekend certs cover Sunday nights.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:51 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by BigTravelSmallMoney

You will probably need to make two separate reservations, one for the weekend nights using the Citi award, and one reservation with points for the fifth night free. ^
Old Sep 7, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Advanced purchase rates and accruing points

Hi there

Am heading to Beijing in China and currently looking at hotels. The best option for my budget is an advanced purchase rate with breakfast included. My question is around the rate details. It doesn't mention that you get points but I notice on other option it does e.g. "Changeable rate and receive full points"

Can you help me out as I just need one more stay to retain silver in 2016 so want to make sure that I get the points

Thanks in advance guys
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrkdips
Am heading to Beijing in China and currently looking at hotels. The best option for my budget is an advanced purchase rate with breakfast included. My question is around the rate details. It doesn't mention that you get points but I notice on other option it does e.g. "Changeable rate and receive full points"

Can you help me out as I just need one more stay to retain silver in 2016 so want to make sure that I get the points
First off, note that this thread is for discussion of award redemptions, which your question doesn't appear to involve.

That said,
  • You'll get stay credit for any stay regardless of whether you use cash, points, or a combination of the two.
    • Earning points is irrelevant to earning stay credit. As noted above, you get stay credit even for award stays that earn no points.
  • If you really want Silver status, there are easier ways to get/keep it than through stays. Just sign up for any of the Hilton cards, including the no-fee Citi Visa or Hilton Amex; each automatically gives you Silver for as long as you keep the card.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 7:12 pm

I am going to book reward travel for the first time in years and want to make sure I'm not wasting any points or making any mistakes.

Where I want to stay: Conrad Rangali Island
Type of accomodation: Overwater Villa with 2 beds or 2 bedrooms.
Dates (not flexible): April 19 thru 24, 2016 (5 nights)

Here are my stats:
- Diamond Member for 2015 and 2016
- 2,841,032 points
- AMEX HHonors Surpass Card

Now, how can I utilize my Diamond Status, my close to 3 million points and a Surpass card to get the best villa, while best maximizing my points? Any and all tips appreciated.

Many thanks!
Tino
Old Sep 15, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Curious to see how you can use those points there too

Last edited by sam_goh; Sep 15, 2015 at 10:58 pm Reason: Hilton noob
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:17 pm

Do the AXON rewards still exist? I seldom hear or receive any info about them.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevehuff
Do the AXON rewards still exist?
Yes, but they are no longer the best option in every case.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by beltway
Yes, but they are no longer the best option in every case.
I thought in the high season case and you only need 4 nights, Axon is still a good choice.

Is the no-fee Amex Hilton card eligible for Axon? Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kgkg
I thought in the high season case and you only need 4 nights, Axon is still a good choice.

Is the no-fee Amex Hilton card eligible for Axon? Thanks!
Please see this post earlier in this thread.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by beltway
Please see this post earlier in this thread.
Thanks!
Old Dec 21, 2015, 5:41 pm

Right now I have a zero balance in my hhonors account. I plan to transfer some Citi TYPs over to book soon. When I check the hotel not logged into my account, it shows the hotel available on points, when I log in, the availability goes away. From my understanding its because I dont have the required points in my account.

Just to be certain, if I see the hotel available for awards when I'm logged out, does that mean if I had enough points in my account, i would be able to book it.

There isn't a scenario where If I had enough points in my account and the award showed without being signed in, that it would disappear and be unavailable if I did sign in. Correct? I just dont want to transfer thousands of points and not have an immediate use for them.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Charbito
Right now I have a zero balance in my hhonors account. I plan to transfer some Citi TYPs over to book soon. When I check the hotel not logged into my account, it shows the hotel available on points, when I log in, the availability goes away. From my understanding its because I dont have the required points in my account.

Just to be certain, if I see the hotel available for awards when I'm logged out, does that mean if I had enough points in my account, i would be able to book it.

There isn't a scenario where If I had enough points in my account and the award showed without being signed in, that it would disappear and be unavailable if I did sign in. Correct? I just dont want to transfer thousands of points and not have an immediate use for them.
Correct, If you are logged out and the hotel have space it means that it has space. When you log in and the space dissapears its because you dont have enough points in your account.^
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Correct, If you are logged out and the hotel have space it means that it has space. When you log in and the space dissapears its because you dont have enough points in your account.^
Thank you very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.