Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:23 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by chad75
Does anyone have a contact email for this Hotel? I have booked the night prior for a planned 7.00am arrival and wish to contact the Hotel to ensure the room is held/not treated as a no show.
I have sent you a PM with an email. All i have is a personal one, so i do not want to post it here.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Originally Posted by little_dc
I found it to be the total opposite of this! The staff is mostly from other German Hiltons with some "trainees". Everyone was helpful to me and had no issues. I have also posted many photos of the Hilton FRA airport here. The Sheraton has been on my avoid list for year, with check in time over 20-30 min at times.
If the hotel is as bad as I found then it won't last a year. I was obviously the unlucky one the fates chose for a bad experience. However, my experience has put me off the hotel, which is a pity as I like the German Hiltons and stay in various of them many times a year. The only other one where I have had poor service is the Hilton Koeln.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
I'm in the hotel again tonight and just wonderful service once again. I was happy to be greeted by a manager to inform me that as a Diamond they are now "testing" to offer diamonds breakfast in the lounge OR the restaurant this was a nice change in policy from my stay on the 27th of Dec. Nice to see a hotel getting feedback from customers and reacting to it. Just shows how good customer service is at this hotel.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 10:11 pm

Ah! Now I understand. I suffered from Hilton's policy of only treating Diamonds well. As a mere scum of the earth HHonors Silver, it was arrogant of me to expect good service.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by BobBHX
Ah! Now I understand. I suffered from Hilton's policy of only treating Diamonds well. As a mere scum of the earth HHonors Silver, it was arrogant of me to expect good service.
Could be.. Don't worry BobBHX when ever I'm in a Hilton in the UK (outside) London I get to experience poor service like everyone staying in a UK hotel. Mostly the ones in Manchester.. mostly the Manchester Airport Hilton. . I do agree with you regarding the sound in the bathroom, the volume is controlled by the TV. You can be blow right off the pot if someone else in the room turns on the TV and the TV vol is at or above 3..
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by BobBHX
The sound from the TV is piped into the bathroom at full volume and I could not find any way of turning it down or off.
Same thing happens in many Hiltons... Sound signal comes from the TV and volume can be controlled to some degree using TV remote. But speakers in the bathroom usually are much louder than TV speakers at the same TV volume level. Well, it's quite easy to locate thin wire connected to the sound output of TV (usually at the left side of TV) and disconnect it Just remember to connect it back before checking out.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by hbush
[...] Just remember to connect it back before checking out.
Or else a Diamond/Godl member can throw a fit and get a few hh points or a tepid long drink at the bar

The Hilton may not be top notch, but none of the hotels around FRA really are. The Steigenberger ist just OK, the rooms are tiny (so beware if you spot a good deal) but getting there involves a long shuttle ride from T1. The Sheraton is not top, but the few feet long walk to T1 is priceless. The HGI and Hilton will probably cash out on that advantage too. The Sheraton can be had for 100 if you know how to book, so I would expect the Hilton to price fro 100-250 (corporate-leisure) and the HGI 20% below that.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:19 am

Could be.. Don't worry BobBHX when ever I'm in a Hilton in the UK (outside) London I get to experience poor service like everyone staying in a UK hotel. Mostly the ones in Manchester.. mostly the Manchester Airport Hilton. . I do agree with you regarding the sound in the bathroom, the volume is controlled by the TV. You can be blow right off the pot if someone else in the room turns on the TV and the TV vol is at or above 3..
I rarely stay in UK Hiltons but just before Christmas, I spent one night at the Hilton Newport and the service was fantastic throughout. The hotel itself is a typical motorway junction hotel and the rooms are a bit basic.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I went to the Hilton for lunch today- staying at the Sheraton. Service was excellent- food was fine- very few guests and actually quite reasonable prices for Frankfurt airport. Look forward to testing out staying here.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:47 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Checked in around 7.00 am on the 1st and after giving my name was greeted by the phrase "Are you sure your booking isn't at the Hilton Garden Inn" by the trainee manning the desk. Asked for my confirmation number and provided an email from the front office manager confirming my late arrival which provoked a sort of controlled panic - but eventually my paperwork was found and I was good to go.

Well until I asked if I had an exterior facing room which resulted in much searching and a claim that he'd have to call someone - but ultimately a plan of the hotel was found and this was confirmed.

No mention was made of breakfast in the restaurant for Diamonds or any of the hotel's facilities.

So overall a fairly poor check in experience, however I don't want to be hard on the guy because he was friendly, and despite looking fairly panicked, remained professional - I think it will only be another week or two before all the staff are really in their groove.

Mixed feelings about the room - really liked the design and look of the room (and the hotel) but it was really small - I don't know what I'd done to be assigned such a small room in a fairly empty hotel. The bathroom was extremely cramped - basically the door would just clear the toilet and worse of all - shower over the bath! This is something I hate and is clearly not inline with the room descriptions on the website. The upside was the room was at the end of the building and had a good view over the autobahn, high speed train tracks and the city skyline. But basically if I wanted a new cramped room with a shower over the bath I could have just stayed at the HGI for a significant savings. A card and small tray of apple based products was also waiting in the room.

The executive lounge is indeed huge - infact worryingly so. On the morning of my arrival I was the only person having breakfast there - but the next morning three tables were occupied and it actually felt crowded! The food service area is just a small corner which would be extremely busy if the lounge was even 50% full. Given the huge size of the lounge I don't know why the food and drinks area isn't better spaced. Outside of breakfast I didn't use the lounge.

A few minor nitpicking negatives:

The elevator banks appear to be independent of each other - so the button only works for one pair not the other one.

I like the look of the carpeting in the hallway - but it is a bit of a bugger to roll luggage on.

For my taste the mattress is rock hard, even by German Standards.

My hated shower over bath combo didn't drain properly so I was always left standing in a significant amount of water.

My room also wasn't serviced.

I also suspect I was double charged - I had a prepaid rate that appeared to have been charged to my card prior to arrival - but on check out was told that it hadn't yet been charged and was charged again and my card is currently showing the same amount pending twice - but I'll wait and see what happens.

Despite the negatives I didn't dislike the hotel actually quite the opposite - the staff were friendly, the Hotel appears well built, it has the advantage of being brand new and I like the design but I was left with the feeling I get after staying at the Sheraton (who have treated me well with upgrades to a junior suite) of why didn't I just make the effort and head into the city? Especially given the time it takes to get to the hotel from T2.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by chad75

But basically if I wanted a new cramped room with a shower over the bath I could have just stayed at the HGI for a significant savings. A card and small tray of apple based products was also waiting in the room.
And this will be the main challenge for the Hilton...

With a HGI next door, priced between 35-40% below the Hilton, the room and lounge has to be amazing to attract the price-sensitive traveler, especially with some good food outlets within The Squaire complex as well.

Paying a difference of more than $ 100 to get a slighly better room, a few appetizers and maybe even an inferior breakfast selection in the Hilton Exec. Lounge in comparison to the HGI breakfast does not sound too attractive...
Old Jan 3, 2012, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by FD1971
Paying a difference of more than $ 100 to get a slighly better room, a few appetizers and maybe even an inferior breakfast selection in the Hilton Exec. Lounge in comparison to the HGI breakfast does not sound too attractive...
I was there on Jan 1st and for Diamonds they are now offering breakfast in the resturant. It was very good and so was the service. It was 79 Euro for the HGI or 133 Euro for the Hilton at a pre-paid rate.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 9:36 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
I was there on Jan 1st and for Diamonds they are now offering breakfast in the resturant. It was very good and so was the service. It was 79 Euro for the HGI or 133 Euro for the Hilton at a pre-paid rate.
Regular rates for most of the year will be Euro 119 at the HGI and Euro 199 at the Hilton.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:39 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
I was there on Jan 1st and for Diamonds they are now offering breakfast in the resturant.
Perhaps they aren't 100% sure on the English wording of "free breakfast in the restaurant for diamonds" because no such offer was made to me.

I assumed the Hilton and the HGI are run and owned by the same company - can anyone confirm?

Some shots of my room:

Bathroom:

Room:

View:

Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FD1971
Regular rates for most of the year will be Euro 119 at the HGI and Euro 199 at the Hilton.
In this case significantly less expensive than the Sheraton!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.