Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 11:07 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Shots of the Hilton Lobby taken today:

Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IMH
Yes, plenty of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. Everything from Starbucks to Michelin-starred dining.
Interesting- where is the Michelin-starred dining???
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:10 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Interesting- where is the Michelin-starred dining???
Just to be sure that we're on the same page, slaman asked whether there was "stuff that you can walk to" from the Hilton Frankfurt, not the airport Hiltons.

With that noted, Erno's Bistro is a 15 minute walk away. Français (in the Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof hotel) is a little closer, the Tiger-Palast a little further away.

To assist anyone brought to this thread by a search, here are links to the Germany forum and the Hilton Frankfurt thread.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:25 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
The website now says taking reservations for arrivals from December 27 2011. I have booked a room for December 27th as I have a flight on the morning of 28th. I hope that, given we are only 3 weeks' away, this is now a fixed opening date.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH diamond
Looks like it's now possible to make a reservation at this hotel for arrivals this week! Anyone stayed there yet??
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: HH D, IHG G, SPG G
Business Traveller reports the properties as open:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...nkfurt-airport
Old Dec 21, 2011, 1:31 pm

It is... as I told you several weeks ago!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by servus
It is... as I told you several weeks ago!
Well... approximately
According to my e-mail contact with Reservation Manager, the long-awaited opening of Hilton Frankfurt Airport happened indeed Dec. 20, 2011.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
They're open!!

Woohoo! I can definitively report that the FS Hilton and HGI at Frankfurt Airport ARE indeed open, since last Tuesday...I'm staying in the HGI right now.
Funny - I realized last week that I did not have a hotel rez for the overnight between our flight AGP-FRA and FRA-ORD. Went online and made the HGI booking, without giving it a second thought. We had no idea that it was new.

Quite a convenient addition to the FRA options, esp. since getting from outlying European cities to ORD on United through FRA frequently requires an overnight. No need to go outside, just walk toward the long-distance rail station, and you'll eventually see very clear signs to Sheraton, and the two Hiltons. The escalator up to the skywalk is not far from the check-in booths for United (518-525, IIRC). Look for signs to the train station and hotels.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
First look at the Hilton FRA airport VIDEO

I have posted a video of my room and public areas of the Hilton FRA on my blog. I will post a full review soon.
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
Terrible service

Checked in this afternoon. Nice atrium, feeling and look quite similar to the downtown Frankfurt Hilton.

Room on North side looking out over Autobahn and forest. Room is a reasonable size, done in various shades of brown with a swirly pattern carpet straight out of the 60s. Bathroom has one of those oval sinks, sitting on top of the counter where the spout is too close to the (low) edge and water splashes behind the sink - another triumph of design over function.

The sound from the TV is piped into the bathroom at full volume and I could not find any way of turning it down or off.

The desk is the same as in most German Hiltons - a glass top with white dots. Has nobody told the room designers that some people like to use a mouse with their laptops and they don't work on glass surfaces.

Went to the bar for a drink and something to eat. Bar is open to the lobby / atrium. No other guests in the bar. The barmaid ignored me for over 10 minutes until I went up to the bar to get her attention. When she brought me a gin and tonic, there was no ice nor any lemon. If I wanted a lukewarm G&T I would have taken it from the minibar. Do they not teach their staff even the basics?

Overall, a nice hotel and good competition for the Sheraton. However, the service in the bar is completely unacceptable and if you are thirsty or hungry, I'd suggest you try the Sheraton.

UPDATE

Check out was a mess. Two people behind the counter, one couple being served - they seemed to have a problem with their bill. Eventually, after standing around doing nothing for a few minutes, the girl behind the desk beckoned me forward. I asked to check out, at which she left the desk and went into the back room. After a further 3 or 4 minutes another member of staff came out and called me over to her desk. She did not know there was supposed to be someone attending me. She produced the bill which had a double charge for internet. How could I have used 2 x 24 hrs internet in a stay of 16 hrs?

BTW on checking my credit card account I noticed that, for my pre-paid rate, they had authorised the room charge twice. Also they have taken three separate authorisations for extras, totalling about 90 euros when the extras only came to 55 euros. I know all of this will be sorted out over the space of a few days, but it is indicative of the general level of incompetence I encountered. Why can't they just try and get it right?

Summary - incompetent staff and incompetent systems. This place must be put on the "avoid" list for a while at least. I will stick to the Sheraton or might try the Steigenberger, which is substantially cheaper.

Last edited by BobBHX; Dec 29, 2011 at 1:48 am
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by BobBHX
Summary - incompetent staff and incompetent systems. This place must be put on the "avoid" list for a while at least. I will stick to the Sheraton or might try the Steigenberger, which is substantially cheaper.
I found it to be the total opposite of this! The staff is mostly from other German Hiltons with some "trainees". Everyone was helpful to me and had no issues. I have also posted many photos of the Hilton FRA airport here. The Sheraton has been on my avoid list for year, with check in time over 20-30 min at times.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:11 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by little_dc
I have posted a video of my room and public areas of the Hilton FRA on my blog. I will post a full review soon.
Wow, the lounge seems huge.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: SK Lifetime EB*G, HHonors Diamond, BalticMiles VIP, Turkish Airlines Miles@Smiles, Club Carlson
Very nice review and pictures! Thanks! I'm going to see all this myself in January
Old Dec 29, 2011, 6:45 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Does anyone have a contact email for this Hotel? I have booked the night prior for a planned 7.00am arrival and wish to contact the Hotel to ensure the room is held/not treated as a no show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.