Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Frankfurt Airport, Germany {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Am I likely to get upgraded to a room with lounge access as a gold?
I was on 3 occasions I stayed there but don't expect too much from the lounge.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:18 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I was on 3 occasions I stayed there
That's useful information -- I've been upgraded and given lounge access as a Diamond and it's good to know that that should continue when I drop to Gold.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
but don't expect too much from the lounge.
Maybe you caught them on a bad day (or several bad days)? Or maybe I'm easily pleased: decent beer in the evenings, decent coffee, acceptable snack/breakfast items, lots of space.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Lat checkout

How is the FRA Hilton for late checkout? Our flight is not until 7 pm so we'd like to use the room until at least 4 pm or even 5 pm if possible.

We'd be staying on pts and I'm just a Gold, so I worry about them kicking us out at around 2 pm or charging a rather high rate for the additional few hours.
Old May 7, 2014, 8:27 pm
formerly FamilyFlyers

Programs: Virtuoso, Four Seasons Preferred Partner, Select Hotels, The Travel Collection, American Express PWP
Booking one night HH stay before flying home in July. 2A 2C. I guess we will need 2 rooms? Pros and cons of HGI vs. Hilton? (point difference is negligible and we have plenty).
Old May 8, 2014, 6:01 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by familyflyers
Pros and cons of HGI vs. Hilton?
Post 129 above gives my answer -- the Hilton rooms are larger and I found the Hilton to be generally much nicer. That said, the HGI breakfast was more than acceptable and I might even prefer their breakfast area to the Hilton lounge if I was travelling with children (especially if I wasn't going to use the lounge in the evening).
Old May 23, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Am I likely to get upgraded to a room with lounge access as a gold?

Thanks.
Worked for me.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 8:04 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Seeing as the points are the same for both hotels, staying as a gold means the possibility of no lounge privileges at the Hilton.

So what kind of breakfast do golds get if they don't have lounge privileges?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:47 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Just stayed at the Hilton FRA. Had stayed at the HGI at FRA on two previous occasions. I much prefer the Hilton, got upgraded to the Exec floor. Thought the lounge was quite adequate. Decent drink selection and food. The lounge attendants were very helpful and kept the place very clean. As a bonus it was not crowded at all. My room was larger than the a king room at the HGI. If you are a breakfast person the HGI wins hands down. Customer service at the desk was superb.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:13 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by spearsba
Just stayed at the Hilton FRA. Had stayed at the HGI at FRA on two previous occasions. I much prefer the Hilton, got upgraded to the Exec floor. Thought the lounge was quite adequate. Decent drink selection and food. The lounge attendants were very helpful and kept the place very clean. As a bonus it was not crowded at all. My room was larger than the a king room at the HGI. If you are a breakfast person the HGI wins hands down. Customer service at the desk was superb.
It is important to note your status as a Diamond. I prefer HGI because as a lowly silver member I get free wifi, which I don't at the Hilton and I will never get an upgrade to the Exec floor. As a Diamond, you get free wifi at Hiltons, so that HGI benefit isn't relevant to you and HGI doesn't have an Exec floor. So, low status might prefer the HGI, whereas high status is likely to prefer the Hilton.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: UA G 1.9MM, HH Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
It is important to note your status as a Diamond. I prefer HGI because as a lowly silver member I get free wifi, which I don't at the Hilton and I will never get an upgrade to the Exec floor. As a Diamond, you get free wifi at Hiltons, so that HGI benefit isn't relevant to you and HGI doesn't have an Exec floor. So, low status might prefer the HGI, whereas high status is likely to prefer the Hilton.
I agree. I have used the FRA HGI on occasions that the Hilton was much more expensive, or I was arriving after the evening reception. The breakfast at either is not a big deal to me as I usually get up and go to the LH lounge in the terminal.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
HGI

Last mintue booking yesterday due to LH strike starting today & managed to get into FRA last ngt to make the USA flgt this morning.
Hilton nxt door was showing full so best price here ;279 euro , was in a rush so booked it , at check-in was asked if i wanted 1000 pts or breakfast , having not used HGI that offen i was surpised as DIA that breakfast was not included so took the breakfast anyway.
Asked nicely about upgrade & was told the only 2 suites were taken, so did not take any further notice.
Got to the room to find a small box for this price with basic small bathroom, by this time it was after midnight & getting up at 6am just accepted it but really for this price i expected a little bit better regardless of the short time spent.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by europeanflyer

Got to the room to find a small box for this price with basic small bathroom, by this time it was after midnight & getting up at 6am just accepted it but really for this price I expected a little bit better regardless of the short time spent.
"Supply and demand".

If there is a LH strike be thankful you got ANY room in the airport!

Frankly for 6 hours I'd doze in the lounge if I had to, or caught up with some work on laptop, and not pay 279 Euro.

We were last there around New Year and had pre-booked Hilton thank goodness at some silly low rate.

There was bad weather unexpectedly and tons of cancellations.

Girl in lounge said when she started her shift there was about 50% occupancy, and as day wore on it had grown to 100%. So a Diamond booking, gets WHATEVER room is left, period.

As it was Xmas/New Year low season the kitchen staff and food supplies were on minimal level and she said ordering more snacks etc for lounge was erratic as food in Kitchen near exhausted.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
What are the times for the evening snacks in the Executive Lounge at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport?
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by FlyingExplorer
What are the times for the evening snacks in the Executive Lounge at the Hilton Frankfurt Airport?
Iirc. 1800 hrs.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, A3 Gold
747FC, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.