Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian VillageŽ Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2001, 3:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Taking it a step further, there's a new section opening at HHV called the Hilton Grand Vacations Club Suites.

http://www.hilton.com/hotels/HNLHWGV/index.html

They say the rooms are larger than the regular hotel and I have it confirmed for a 6 night award.

Anybody know anything about the advantages / disadvantages of staying here vs. the HHV next door??
Old Feb 7, 2001, 9:32 am

For some reason Hilton took the HGVC info down and the link I provided no longer works.

Maybe there will not be a HGVC property next to HHV after all......
Old Feb 7, 2001, 7:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally posted by youngflya:
Hi,

Would appreciate any comments. What have you guys found as the disadvantages and advantages of the various towers at the Hilton in Honolulu? Lounge access, room quality, noise, proximity to hotel services, etc...

THANK YOU!!!!
You might check out the topic "Switching Towers at Hilton Haw Village" that's further down on this forum.
Old Feb 7, 2001, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA/1K, DL/PM, AA/PLT, NW/SLV; SW/PLT, HH/DIA
I was there back in December. They upgraded me to a nice corner room in Tapa tower. It was just fine.

However, I wouldn't go back. They didn't provide the guaranteed Gold benefits, and when I asked about them, they said they didn't care what HI's corporate policy was.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 1:51 am

We stayed there maybe 6 months ago, with a locals rate, in the Rainbow tower. We hated the rooms. They tried to accomodate us with different rooms, but they were pretty much all the same (they did their best trying to please us, we just expected more than a rather plain and small room from Hilton) and I ended up moving the family (2 rooms) at great expense to the Ali'i tower for the 2nd night. The grounds of this hotel are beautiful. The Ali'i tower is structured as a separate 5-star hotel within a hotel, so they have their own check-in, pool, etc.

They were renovating the tower behind the Rainbow tower and turning it into the timeshare you speak of. I don't know if and when it's opening, but that must be what you refer to.

We don't stay at this property anymore. We get better rooms and better amenities elsewhere. (Of course, we also get the locals rate, so your mileage may vary.)

-David

Old Feb 20, 2001, 9:39 am

Programs: Many
Hilton Hawaiian Village VIP ALON award strategy

I'm getting ready to book this for this summer, but am wondering if I should call
the Hotel directly or call HHonors customer service number as it states on the web site.
If I call the hotel, how can I prevent them
from simply transferring me to an 800 res
line. Any insights appreciated.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 10:03 am

Originally posted by unagi1:
I'm getting ready to book this for this summer, but am wondering if I should call
the Hotel directly or call HHonors customer service number as it states on the web site.
If I call the hotel, how can I prevent them
from simply transferring me to an 800 res
line. Any insights appreciated.
HHonors customer service does not make a booking, even for an award. You should call 1-800-HHONORS to make that reservation. If they would not be able to find you availability for the dates you want to travel (quite likely), you can try and call the hotel directly. Usually, calls during business hours (at least 9 to 5 local time M-F) are handled by the hotel's reservation desk and not transferred to the central reservation.

Old Feb 20, 2001, 12:34 pm

I called the HHonors number and was able to
get my first choice of dates. Thanks.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 2:50 pm

I called the hilton res no in sydney and they said I had no hope. I told them i was diamond hilton and they confirmed in 24hrs. i then changed the date 3 times and got it everytime. i dont think you'll have problems in getting a res except around Xmas!!

------------------
Hyatt Diamond/Hilton Diamond/Starwood Platinum/UA1K-Ansett-WHITE/Qantas-WHITE
Old Feb 20, 2001, 3:04 pm

I confirmed reservations there over New Years!

Diamond is great
Old Feb 20, 2001, 8:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver VIP, IHG Platinum, SPG Gold
Hmmmmm, I'm looking to reserve for the week of Thanksgiving...anyone try that yet? I'm a Gold.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 9:18 pm

I got the 4th of July week, something not as
popular as the end of year holiday weeks.
Old Feb 20, 2001, 9:22 pm

I've seen from other threads that I should still be entitled to an upgrade, even though I am on an award stay. What have other
people staying at this hotel received as
upgrades on ALON awards? Suite? Alii Tower room? Rainbow corner room?
Old Feb 21, 2001, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Hilton Hawaiian VillageŽ Beach Resort & Spa Trip Reports and Reviews

I'm at the Hilton Hawaiian Village right now, and it's been a mixed experience. The attitude here seems to be that they don't have to follow the rules of the HHonors program. After a lenghty conversation at check in, with knowledge that I was a Diamond, they reluctantly gave us a mini-suite in the Rainbow Tower (lagoon, parking lot view).

When I inquired about breakfast certificates, I was told no - breakfast is $17.95/person. When I asked for access to the health club in the Ali'i tower, again the answer was no - use the fitness center down the street for $10/person per day.

On our second day here I sent a very professional, hand written note to the HHonors manager at the hotel. I included a printout from the Hilton website about the benefits afforded Diamond members. He called about an hour later and very reluctantly offered 'one' continental breakfast voucher for each of my 6 nights - only one, because I am a Diamond and my wife is not (uh, that's cheap).

I don't know, maybe I'm being petty, but after 34 stays and 80 nights in the past year, I guess I just expect more than excuses like - 'We have up to 75 diamonds here per night and cannot afford to offer breakfast.' The hotel has 2500 rooms, they can't give out 75 breakfast passes?

The excuse for not allowing us to access the fitness center was "The Hilton site says a pass must be issued for fitness centers that are owned and operated by the hotel. We neither own nor operate our fitness center, it is leased to a 3rd party." Again - just cheap, heck most Hiltons will give Diamonds a pass to a gym across the street.

That's all I've got, I just reminded the HHonors manager that I'm also a Diamond at Hyatt and a Platinum at SPG - and I do have a 'significant choice'. This experience is just one of many why I now focus my stays at Starwood & Hyatt.

------------------
Ken in Sacramento

[This message has been edited by TravelManKen (edited 02-21-2001).]
Old Feb 21, 2001, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
I have a very recent experience with ALON & The Hawaiian Village:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/001262.html

------------------
Ken in Sacramento

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.