Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
To jump to the year in which you would like to search, please click on one of the desired years shown below:

1999 | 2000 | 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Better yet, please feel free to add links to what you believe are portions of this discussion with important information about the Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa hotel property.

Please report any errors — such as broken links, for example — to the moderators of the Hilton | Hilton HHonors forum.

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

Old Jun 14, 1999, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Arrow [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort {US-HI}

I have read recently on a timeshare message board that the Hilton Hawaiian Village will be converted to timeshares in the next few years. If anyone is interested in the details, post a reply to that effect here and I'll outline what I've read.
Old Jun 14, 1999, 12:11 pm
Commander Catcop

I would be interested only because does this mean the WHOLE resort's going timeshare or just a section.

I guess it's becoming popular. The Flamingo Hilton has timeshare programs.

At least they waited till after I stay there for the PIP. Who would I timeshare a suite at teh Hilton with???!!!??

And welcome aboard Captain Mike. Look forward to your posts!

------------------
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!!!

Old Jun 15, 1999, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The construction that is going on during the Party In Paradise is that a whole new tower will be built where the Hilton Dome and the Mini Golf is now, out by Kalia Road. I wonder if this new tower is where the timeshares will be going?
Old Jun 15, 1999, 6:01 am

Please tell me more about the timeshare at the Hilton I am very interested.
Old Jun 15, 1999, 11:03 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Another reason why it's not my favorite hotel!
Old Jun 16, 1999, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Marriott
Here's what was posted. I've copied it verbatim, but certainly cannot promise it's all going to happen. I'm just responding to the request for more information.....

The rumors began to circulate in Hawaii three years ago. Hilton was going to "timeshare" the Hilton Hawaiian Village. While the rumors generated great excitement in the local community, nothing concrete ever appeared, and eventually the excitement died down, though the rumors continued.

At last, Hilton has made the announcement. Because the large inventory of empty condominium units offered for rent in Waikiki has depressed the rental market for unfurnished rental apartments there, the company plans to close the 235 unit Hilton Lagoon Apartments located on the property on Jan. 31, spend $35 million on a yearlong renovation, and reopen it in 2001 as a timeshare. When it opens, it will be the only timeshare property in Waikiki to have a beachfront location.

The only other timeshare property on Oahu with a beachfront location is the Hawaiian Princess at Makaha Beach, on the far western side of the island. The Hawaiian Princess has not been actively marketed for many years, and is available mainly through resale markets.

Bernie Caalim, Hilton spokesperson, said the property will be marketed to the vacation ownership market and managed by Hilton's vacation ownership arm, Hilton Grand Vacations, which will also market it to short term leisure visitors. Hilton is currently marketing its Grand Vacations concept at properties in South Beach and Orlando, FL, and in Las Vegas, NV.

Caalim said that Hilton spent a year consulting with design professionals, and decided the work that needed to be done would create "intolerable living conditions", so the company was forced to ask its long term tenants to leave so the building can be shut down.

It is unknown at this time whether Hilton will open an office for presales prior to completion of the renovations. There are also no details available yet on the size or layout of the future timeshare units.

The 24 story building on the Hilton Hawaiian Village's 2.5 acre property at Waikiki Beach was completed in 1967. It has always been a rental property, ctering to upscale renters willing to pay the price for the view and the location next to the restaurants and entertainment offered at the hotel. Occasionally through the years some of the apartments have been used for short stays by hotel guests.

Source: Hilton Hotels Corp.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 11:27 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 2 Million Mile Flyer, LifeTime Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Hilton Hawaiian Village® Beach Resort & Spa Trip Reports and Reviews

I just came back from Honolulu and the hotel accomodations were fantastic.The staff was excellent along with the facilties.Upgraded on points because I was a Diamond member.
Old Sep 17, 1999, 3:01 pm

I couldn't agree more. We just stayed there, too and very much appreciated the courtesy of the staff in the Alii Tower.Those at the "front desk" were terrific!
Old Nov 10, 1999, 2:51 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Honolulu Hilton

I might be heading down to honolulu this weekend as CP has web specials fare for $499. Can't beat that.

Anyone has any experience with this Hilton? It looks quite good from the website.

Thanks,
Empress
Old Nov 10, 1999, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond . www.chicagosemianrs.org
From what I read about the PIP, I would call directly to the hotel and ask the management if the hotel is still standing and if so, whether or not they have had any new shipments of booze make it there yet.
Old Nov 10, 1999, 8:53 pm

The Waikiki Hilton is fantastic and won't disappoint you. Lookout for the pink flamingos and penguins. The animals are so lowkey that you might pass them without noticing. You will be in the heart of Waikiki so you won't missout on the action.

[This message has been edited by chauming (edited 11-10-1999).]
Old Nov 10, 1999, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Oh WOW the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It was wonderful. I met the most wonderful people there at the pool, in the restaurants, bars, elevators, hallways, my room, everywhere I looked. GREAT PLACE!

To the Hilton we offer humble thanks for the amazing upgrades they provided all of us at the PIP. I think I have switched to Hilton as my #1 choice over Marriott.

[This message has been edited by Punki (edited 11-10-1999).]
Old Nov 10, 1999, 10:00 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Sounds good!!!

What kind of room does a GOLD VIP gets upgraded to?

Late checkout policy.....my flight doesn't leave til 12:30 midnight..

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 11, 1999, 12:48 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Now that IS an interesting question! You should have seen the jockeying for upgrades (and the subsequent whining if refused!!) that went on the night the flyertalkers arrived! Some of us were more easily satisfied than others and almost all of us were on the Point Stretcher award. The best that I know of was a corner room in the Alii Tower with a view of Diamond Head. One of our party got a suite in the Rainbow Tower but could not get one with a king bed. I think Punki had the same as we did - high floor, view of Diamond Head in Rainbow, the LEAST you can expect.

Alii Tower has sort of a concierge floor - pay for drinks, inc sodas, but get hors d'oeuvres in late afternoon (more like Happy Hour in my view). Don't know about breakfast. We sneaked in! There is no other concierge floor.

I would make a pitch for a corner room facing the Diamond Head direction. They are roomier and the view is awesome. The rooms are quite nice. As PIPers, Tropical Flyer also got us all fruit baskets from the manager. That and some monkey bread made a fine breakfast out on the balcony...If all else fails and you want cheap breakfast, McDonald's is walking distance and carries the famous Portuguese sausage breakfast so popular in Hawaii. Try the macadamia ice cream at Lappert's across from the lobby!!!

Good luck and have fun!
Old Nov 11, 1999, 3:40 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
If you're paying cash, don't waste the money for the Ali - much of it is under renovation and upgrades are difficult.

They did not hesitate to upgrade Gold VIPs to available suites in the Rainbow Ttower.

As far as late check-out is concerned, 5pm was tne very generous limit to the no-charge time. Make sure to mention it upon check in, so they give you a room they do not already have reserved for someone else.

Also, if possible, check in early. Some of us experienced a world of difference between the day staff and the evening staff.

A great property!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.