Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Bath Amenities

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I'll have to remember that trick if I ever forget shaving cream again. The kind I like to use (anthonys) is only available in a TSA approved size if you buy it in a kit with a bunch of other trial sizes and while I don't mind using other kinds while travelling the trail size can takes up a LOT of room in your ziplock and the kind they give at even higher end hotels isn't that great.

I did find out something that works great. The shaving cream I like to use is sold at Sophora and I mentioned the TSA carry on problem. They have these very small plastic containers that are the size of a screw on bottle cap of a 20-oz bottle of diet coke except just a little deeper with a snap on cap they use for samples. If you buy something a sophora they will give you some or you can buy them for something like a dime or quarter each and they work GREAT. three of those will hold four-day of shaving cream and reaely free up the space in the zip lock bag.
I switched to Shave Secret shaving oil a few years ago. It comes in a very small bottle (18.75ml), it takes about 5-6 drops per shave and lasts for months. It may not work for everyone, but I do not miss carrying shaving cream. It is hard to find, but thankfully it is available at WalMart.
Old May 28, 2011, 12:25 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by iNevets
A HUGE +1 from me for the move to the PeterThomasRoth Clinical Skin Care bath amenities recently at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines and Hilton San Diego Harbor Island. Hope this is a permanent change across the brand. ^^^
According to the package I received, this is a permanent change across the Hilton brand.

In that package was a three-page letter announcing the new amenities, along with a plastic Hilton toiletries bag filled with samples of the amenities.

The contents are not in front of me at the moment, but I will post more details if anyone is interested.
Old May 28, 2011, 12:37 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
I couldn't tell you what soaps/shampoos/goo are at any HHonors property. Soap is soap and shampoo is shampoo. Yes, I'm a philistine.
Old May 28, 2011, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cblaisd
I couldn't tell you what soaps/shampoos/goo are at any HHonors property. Soap is soap and shampoo is shampoo. Yes, I'm a philistine.
If it fits into my 1 Qt bag to take home, that's all I care about.
Old May 28, 2011, 11:34 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by mnredfox
It should...

...the clear plastic bag with the Hilton logo on it filled with the new amenities which I received appears to be about the size of a one-quart bag, but it is comprised of a sturdier plastic, a white zipper on top, and white rope handles for easy portability.
Old May 29, 2011, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I like the bar soaps, but the new shampoo and conditioner leave my hair sticky and needing washing sooner than usual.

At the Hilton Riverwalk in New Orleans, everything but shower gel was replenished daily duing a multiple day stay.

However coffee maker items were not replenished after day one. I chased down housekeeping for more coffee but could not get more tea or stir sticks. Very inconsistant service.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
It should...

...the clear plastic bag with the Hilton logo on it filled with the new amenities which I received appears to be about the size of a one-quart bag, but it is comprised of a sturdier plastic, a white zipper on top, and white rope handles for easy portability.
How did you receive that bag? My dentist hands out his goodies in what sounds like the same bag (although the the handle is blue not white). It doesn't actually say 1 QT on it, so I use it for my teabags, powdered creamer (for coffee, not tea) and sugar instead.
Old May 29, 2011, 1:03 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mnredfox
+1

When my stockpile at home gets over-much, the battered women's shelter gets a boxful of toiletries.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
+1

When my stockpile at home gets over-much, the battered women's shelter gets a boxful of toiletries.
Good cause. My problem is the definition of over much is really too much.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
I like the bar soaps, but the new shampoo and conditioner leave my hair sticky and needing washing sooner than usual.
I hate the new shampoo & conditioner. I used it this morning and I agree with you. My hair does not feel clean, but oddly it feels dry at the same time.

The bar soaps & lotion are fine.

Hopefully my local homeless shelter will like them.
Old May 31, 2011, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
+1

I used to take the unopened toiletries home and donate them to the homeless shelter our church works with, but due to the TSA rules, whenever I carry on, that means not enough room in my quart bag to bring them home, unless it's one of the rare occurances that I check a bag and if I drive it's usually just a one night stay so no replacement tioletries that aren't opened.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by oldpenny16
However coffee maker items were not replenished after day one. I chased down housekeeping for more coffee but could not get more tea or stir sticks. Very inconsistant service.
I bring my own tea, creamer packets (there are usually not enough), and sugar/sweetener.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:19 pm

Hilton Sonoma Country had a bunch of lotion and conditioner (plus soap), but no shampoo. Called the front desk and they brought a whole bag of the old stuff.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Does anyone see peter thomas roth's body wash and mouthwash in any hilton yet ? I just stayed at hilton ORD Rosemont, they didn't have neither of those. I am not sure if I was just unlucky. I did try to see the maid's cart in the morning, but then I saw the old packaging C&E La Source body wash.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
I don't like the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries at all. I much prefer the previous Crabtree & Evelyn.
Me too. I finally had a chance to try the Roth brand and don't like it as much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.