New Bath Amenities

Old May 10, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
Until recently, both Hilton Garden Inn and Doubletree offered Neutrogena bath products. Now that Doubletree has switched to Crabtree and Evelyn products, I guess corporate decided that Hilton Hotels & Resorts needed to differentiate itself with a new line of toiletries.

It would be nice if U.S. properties consistently offered the full range of products for their respective brands. Where one Hilton property supplies soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, moisturizer, shoe shine cloth, and a vanity kit, for example, another property of the same brand might offer just soap, shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer.

I find that international properties typically offer the full suite of products, a practice that helps maintain a consistent brand image.
With regards to offering the full "suite" of products, are you comparing full service Hiltons to select service brands like HGI or HI? One of the ways select service hotels keep costs down is by only offering the basics - like shampoo, conditioner, hand moisturizer, and bar soap. Full service hotels are certainly cost conscious, but more likely, in my experience, to offer the entire suite of products.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
One thing that I wish properties would offer (or at least full service hiltions and higher) is QUALITY shaving cream. Before I found a way to carry shaving cream conveniently and not in the trial sized cans, those cans would take up so much room of my ziplock bag and not mention the trial sized cans are expensive.
Old May 10, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I haven't seen a shoe shine cloth in years.
I regularly stay at a Hampton Inn (of all brands) in Ohio that offers them. As I recall (though it's been while), HGIs typically offer Neutrogena-branded shoe shine cloths. Why, then, are they such a rare sight at purportedly full-service Hiltons? International properties generally always offer them.

Originally Posted by mswtravels
With regards to offering the full "suite" of products, are you comparing full service Hiltons to select service brands like HGI or HI? One of the ways select service hotels keep costs down is by only offering the basics - like shampoo, conditioner, hand moisturizer, and bar soap. Full service hotels are certainly cost conscious, but more likely, in my experience, to offer the entire suite of products.
No, I'm comparing different properties within the same brand. Obviously the full-service brands should offer more than their "focused" service counterparts, but that's not always the case.

While some full-service Hiltons offer the complete collection of Crabtree & Evelyn products, most properties (in the U.S.) offer just the basics. If corporate can dictate that Hilton-branded properties offer C&E products, why not also compel them to offer a consistent (and complete) range of products?
Old May 10, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold

Hopefully they will get rid of the crappy soap and shampoo at the Hampton Inns while they are at it!
Old May 10, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by iNevets
A HUGE +1 from me for the move to the PeterThomasRoth Clinical Skin Care bath amenities recently at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines and Hilton San Diego Harbor Island. Hope this is a permanent change across the brand. ^^^
I'm far from a soap snob.... I actually rarely use bar soaps anywhere other than to wash my hands with @ hotels. But I recently stayed at the EWR Airport Hilton and got the Peter Thomas Roth set and couldn't believe how awesome that bar of soap was. It was so smooth and buttery and left my hands so nice. I would never think to take home Hilton toiletries, although with this PTR stuff, I think I'll start.
Old May 10, 2011, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by dwcatty
I haven't seen a shoe shine cloth in years.
Hilton SF financial district always have shoe shine cloth, and they had those for years. And more recently, they even come with show horns. The downside for that property is they never have bodywash not even in exec. level. They have something non related to hilton bath amenities, instead a weird tiny tube of body wash from their tru spa.

Originally Posted by mswtravels
No, full service Hiltons in US are just like their select service brand HGI and HI only gives shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash, and bar soap. Not unless you are in exec.floor you don't even have body wash ! And some hiltons exec. floor don't even offer that ! On the other hand, I had stayed at some HI actually have bodywash whereas most Hilton don't !

Basically if it is any hotel outside of N.America, even a much lower brand holiday inn would offer the above mentioned basics plus body wash, toothbrush/paste, vanity kit, sewing kit, cotton tips, cotton balls, etc. Those are standard offering in all rooms.

Last edited by ORDnHKG; May 10, 2011 at 7:53 pm
Old May 11, 2011, 9:33 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by payam81
Conrad's Acca Kappa line is great. Other than that, pretty much all Hilton family brands shampoos and soaps are pretty terrible, (as are those of most of their competitors) specially the disgusting chemical smelling Neutrogina soaps at Homewood.
I love the Acca Kappa line, prob my favorite.
I am not a huge fan of the C&E La Source at Hiltons, much prefer Sheratons Bliss or Marriotts shampoo. Must say the new C&E line at Embassy Suites is an improvement on their previous product
Old May 11, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
One thing that I wish properties would offer (or at least full service hiltions and higher) is QUALITY shaving cream. Before I found a way to carry shaving cream conveniently and not in the trial sized cans, those cans would take up so much room of my ziplock bag and not mention the trial sized cans are expensive.
I use conditioner to shave, works just as well, and one less thing to carry through security at the airport.
Old May 12, 2011, 2:57 am

good news

outside the US the Crabtree stuff is now 'Made in China' (very very small print) and doesn't really resemble the quality of the products bought in the actual stores. Good that it's been changed. Hope it's gonna find it's way to Hiltons outside of the US. In the US Hiltons they seem to be getting stingier at what they actually provide though.
Old May 12, 2011, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by frankmu
I use conditioner to shave, works just as well, and one less thing to carry through security at the airport.
I'll have to remember that trick if I ever forget shaving cream again. The kind I like to use (anthonys) is only available in a TSA approved size if you buy it in a kit with a bunch of other trial sizes and while I don't mind using other kinds while travelling the trail size can takes up a LOT of room in your ziplock and the kind they give at even higher end hotels isn't that great.

I did find out something that works great. The shaving cream I like to use is sold at Sophora and I mentioned the TSA carry on problem. They have these very small plastic containers that are the size of a screw on bottle cap of a 20-oz bottle of diet coke except just a little deeper with a snap on cap they use for samples. If you buy something a sophora they will give you some or you can buy them for something like a dime or quarter each and they work GREAT. three of those will hold four-day of shaving cream and reaely free up the space in the zip lock bag.
Old May 12, 2011, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HilFly
I don't like the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries at all. I much prefer the previous Crabtree & Evelyn.
Me too
Old May 13, 2011, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Try Hilton Niseko, the best shaving cream I've ever had (er. taken) from a hotel.
Old May 16, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Another vote in favor of the Roth products. Love them!
Old May 16, 2011, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
I would never think to take home Hilton toiletries
Old May 23, 2011, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Gold
I agree 100%! The inconsistency is one of my biggest gripes. I found that out the hard way when I ended up at CVS trying to buy lotion when one Hilton chain didn't provide it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.