Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

DIAMOND members are entitled to Lounge access on stays at properties with Executive Lounges, Signia by Hilton excluded.

GOLD members are entitled to Executive Lounge access IF they are staying on / upgraded to an Executive Floor.

Print Wikipost

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 4:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amtrak S+, DL
Houston Hotels:

Yes:
* Hilton Houston Westchase
* DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Houston by the Galleria <-- Weekdays only and open only during certain hours
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Hilton Slussen Stockholm

Exec lounge open from 6am to 11pm. Coffee, juice, water and some light snacks (fruit, nuts, cookies) the whole day. Breakfast in the morning, some cakes put out in the afternoon, then cheese plate, light appetizers (both hot and cold) and alcohol provided from 6-8:30pm. Alcohol selection included some (low quality) spirits, wine, beer, and cider.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Stockholm Slussen

Originally Posted by whimsey21
Exec lounge open from 6am to 11pm. Coffee, juice, water and some light snacks (fruit, nuts, cookies) the whole day. Breakfast in the morning, some cakes put out in the afternoon, then cheese plate, light appetizers (both hot and cold) and alcohol provided from 6-8:30pm. Alcohol selection included some (low quality) spirits, wine, beer, and cider.
What is "low quality" about the spirits? I am regularly in this lounge (last weekend for example) and they always have top brand spirits. Have nothing to complain about in Stockholm, especially compared with some other lounges where the offerings and quality is on the decrease.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Marquette Hotel, Minneapolis, MN

The lounge is open seven days a week for breakfast, evening appitizers as well as drinks. Breakfast featured one hot entree a day (eggs one day, blintzes the next during my stay) as well as cereal, pastries, toast, fruit and yogurt. It's a small room so it can get really crowded during breakfast and the attendant got overwhelmed easily.

I didn't go to appitizers but during cocktail hour it was an honor bar with some decent liquor brands and prices of $6 for beer, $7 for wine and $8 for cocktails. They also had some dessert set out.

Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hilton Newark Penn Station - Newark, NJ

Executive Lounge is now closed on Saturdays and Sundays. Diamonds get a coupon for continental breakfast in the lobby restaurant.

On weekdays the lounge has cold options like fruit, breads and cereal plus a single hot option for breakfast.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL CO UA US BA LH FL
hilton family props in MSY

I have searched a number of times to find any mention of the properties in New Orleans. None that are in the Central Business District, nor the Quarter seem all that appealing to me--anyone recommend any of these as outstanding: DT Canal St, HH Saint Charles, ES Convention Ctr, HH Riverside? I also would like to know if any offer Exec Lounge for Diamonds. Thanks so much for the help.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:33 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
Hilton Meilan Haikou (China)

Executive Lounge on the 9th floor. Has a large balcony overlooking the resort. Not open for breakfast as there isn't enough traffic there yet (it's about a year old) to warrant the cost for breakfast food but is open during the rest of the normal opening hours.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:33 pm

China:

Hilton Nanjing (normal one, NOT riverside) - has a lounge, happy hour 6-8pm, decent food and ok alcohol, just the beer choice is crap (the really bad 3.1% version of Tsingtao only) - high floor, nice view. The hotel was quite "meh" otherwise. If I book a non-smoking room, and you only have smoking rooms, it's no fun. Plus the toilet smelled HEAVILY after pee.

Hilton Beijing Airport - great lounge, happy hour 6-8.30pm, for lounge-food absolutely fantastic, good beer, good liquor (only negative part is JW Red, which was weird, as all other stuff was good-decent, and much worse hotels in China usually have Black in their lounges) great staff, very attentive, only thing annoying was some US-Americans which showed up for Checkin in the lounge at 8.20pm, demanded "cocktails" (which obviously aren't part of it), complained very loud when lounge staff informed them their their request wasn't possible at first (staff eventually gave in, they got their cocktails from the bar downstairs delivered (and for free apparently), then after drinking those took whatever left of the alcohol when the staff was about to collect it around 8.45pm)

I got offered (not asked for it..) by the staff if I wanted some more Tsingtao (the good 4.3% export stuff) which she saved from them when happy hour was ending. When I said yes, she brought two bottles, asking if I fancy some more. We had a good chat about the "friendly" cocktail drinkers (which left quickly after having scavenged whatever they could)

Also got a lovely upgrade to a HUGE suite (two rooms, two bathrooms) ^

Hilton Beijing Airport is definitely on my shortlist of one of the Top5 Hiltons in the world so far.. (and fairly affordable, too) - sure, it's an airport Hilton and you can't do anything outside apart from walking over to T3 - but the hotel itself offers great service, great facilities, and great staff. (Including a pretty tasty take-away breakfast box for those having to leave before their breakfast buffet starts at 5.30am)
est-gratuite likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:12 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
China

Agree on everything said above about Hilton PEK. The rooms were huge and the lounge food superb.

Xian

Lounge food was great as well with a mix between asian and americanized. What the heck I ate the dim sum for breakfast and eve snacks it was so good. They were happy to order eggs your way from downstairs.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Hilton Berlin, Berlin Germany

Nice lounge. Diamonds/Exec Floor guests can use it for check in and check out. Requires a key card to get in and they only give access to diamonds and exec guests. No issues finding a seat or with overcrowding. Lounge is open all day for things like water and soda. Decent selection of free mid-shelf spirits from 6 to 8 every night along with a couple hot appetizers. Basic hot/cold items for breakfast, I would recommend going to the breakfast room instead a lot more choices and it's free as well.

Hilton Paris Opera

Wasn't that impressed. No free spirits (I was told it was due to liquor laws), lounge is left open and the attendant has a list of people who have access but most of the time there was no one there to check. Lounge got overcrowded and the food wasn't that great at happy hour and it wasn't that well tended. Was open all day for soda and water and I liked the infused waters.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinium
DoubleTree Warsaw

Lounge open from 6 am till 24 7 days a week. Dinner/breakfast and tee time served.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 12:28 pm

DoubleTree Warsaw lounge is open 24h a day with 7am-11am breakfast served and 6pm-8pm hot buffet and alcoholic beverages served. Outside those hours there are soft and hot drinks available as well as some sweets.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus

Very nice lounge on the top (9th) floor, with a nice view over the Bosphorus. Open all day with juices, coffee, and fruit. Breakfast in the morning 6:30-11am, light snacks in the late afternoon (3-5pm), and a large spread in the evening from 6-8:30pm. The latter included a wide selection of hot and cold dishes, and could easily make up a decent dinner. Wine/beer were available most of the afternoon and evening, and some hard liquor appeared between 6 and 8:30pm. The lounge also has several desktop computers and printers for guests, as well as a dedicated concierge.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
Originally Posted by aveRex
Hilton St. Charles - This hotel's version of a 'lounge' is truly a joke. It is on the 17th floor of the hotel in an open space just upon exit of elevator. Really not a lounge at all. They serve continental breakfast and snacks in the evenings from Luke's restaurant which is next to the hotel. The evening snacks have never been appealing to me, because it seems they are trying to be too eclectic. Luke's has some good food, but what they provide for the lounge is too strange for my taste.
Does anyone know if this is still the case? The St Charles Hilton website says that the Exec Lounge is "newly renovated".

If not, I will try to post an update later this week as I will be staying on the executive level tonight.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
New Orleans St Charles Ave Hilton Lounge

The Lounge itself is nice looking - but seems to have moved from the 17th floor to the 7th. There was a pool table which would have been nice if I wasn't staying alone.

There is no longer any liquor available and wine and beer selections were limited and while not free, were cheap. I didn't stick around for the reception but instead crashed a block party that the hotel was catering in the adjacent alleyway.

The breakfasts were continental plus scrambled eggs and grits. Kinda low average for what one would expect and a Hilton/Doubletree lounge overall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.