Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2013, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and edit this Wikipost to update.

DIAMOND members are entitled to Lounge access on stays at properties with Executive Lounges, Signia by Hilton excluded.

GOLD members are entitled to Executive Lounge access IF they are staying on / upgraded to an Executive Floor.

Print Wikipost

Lounge Status at Hilton Family Properties -

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:43 am

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Not sure if it has been mentioned already, but the lounge now offers alcoholic drinks and food offerings only between 6 - 8 p.m. Fridges are locked and food is removed at 8 p.m.
You are just talking about the Beer Fridge right?
I was there a few weeks back and they still had "Tea Time" with cakes and stuff out most of the day.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by little_dc
You are just talking about the Beer Fridge right?
I was there a few weeks back and they still had "Tea Time" with cakes and stuff out most of the day.
Correct. I am talking about the hot food offering at night and the canape offerings at night. Daytime cakes and stuff remain as usual.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Waikoloa Village does not have a lounge but does give Diamonds a $10 food and drink coupon per person for each day there. And if you don't use all of them make sure you turn them in to the front desk when you check out. They gave me a $50 credit on my final bill for the 5 I didn't use. Don't know if they give them to lower statuses than Diamond.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 3:25 pm

Programs: HHD
Hilton Tel Aviv

wrong forum
Old Jan 1, 2015, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
Originally Posted by Stephan54
wrong forum
Huh???
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:34 am

Conrad Hong Kong

Loved executive lounge. Booked a standard room two nights with two Be My Guest certs about a week ago. I'm Hilton Gold and expected only breakfast + free wifi. Instead, I was upgraded to top floor (61) and given exec lounge access on 59. Loved it.

Ate breakfast there both mornings. Freshly squeezed juices. Silky smooth salmon, smoked whitefish. Scrambled eggs. Eggs Benedict. Congee. Fruits. Homemade yoghurt. Cheeses. Really good. Excellent service.

Afternoon tea-- dropped by for a quick cup of tea and a scone briefly. It was ok.

Loved cocktail hour 5:00-7:00. Freely poured Mumm champagne. Plentiful appetizers sufficed for dinner two nights. Samosas. Mini crostini, cheese, melon and prosciutto, crackers, smoked salmon mousse and other bite-sized finger food. Same servers who were delightful.

Last edited by lanago2; Jan 3, 2015 at 2:40 am
Old Jan 12, 2015, 10:39 am

Gold Access/No upgrade

I stayed last night at a Hilton with a lounge, i'm gold. I was not upgraded however I was allowed access to the lounge. Ive stayed at this property before and I was not allowed access under the same circumstance.

Additional question, Im planning on staying at the Hilton San Francisco Financial District next weekend, they list an Executive floor. I would assume this is indicative of having a lounge. Am I wrong?
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by lanago2
Ate breakfast there both mornings. Freshly squeezed juices. Silky smooth salmon, smoked whitefish. Scrambled eggs. Eggs Benedict. Congee. Fruits. Homemade yoghurt. Cheeses. Really good. Excellent service.
Should have given the Garden Cafe downstairs a shot one of the mornings if they're still giving elites access. I love the breakfasts there. You can also eat breakfast downstairs and then go up to the lounge for more.

Agree that Conrad HKG is still by far the best EL I've seen anywhere.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:06 pm

LAX Airport Hilton

Stayed at the LAX Hilton last night and was offered lounge access. Lounge, like everything in this property, is tired and small ( two guestrooms combined ) on the 16th floor. They close at 9 p.m. We were there at 8:30 p.m., the only food available were chocolate chip cookies. Soft drinks in cans were free, domestic beer was $ 6.00, premium brands $7.50. The view is not bad, but we were disappointed. Breakfast was served, hard boiled eggs, toast, pastries, cinnamon
rolls and muffins, some fruit and yoghurt. Cereal and hot oatmeal. It was crowded.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Hilton: Diamond;Kimpton: ?? ; Omni: Black; Avis: First; Hertz: Five Star
LAX Hilton

Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Stayed at the LAX Hilton last night and was offered lounge access. Lounge, like everything in this property, is tired and small ( two guestrooms combined ) on the 16th floor. They close at 9 p.m. We were there at 8:30 p.m., the only food available were chocolate chip cookies. Soft drinks in cans were free, domestic beer was $ 6.00, premium brands $7.50. The view is not bad, but we were disappointed. Breakfast was served, hard boiled eggs, toast, pastries, cinnamon
rolls and muffins, some fruit and yoghurt. Cereal and hot oatmeal. It was crowded.
I think this is an improvement??? I think the last time I was there the lounge was in some temporary space near ground level because they were remodeling. If it moved back up, then it sounds like there is nothing much better. But maybe I am mixing this up with another hotel?
Old Jan 15, 2015, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by JohnMacWW
I think this is an improvement??? I think the last time I was there the lounge was in some temporary space near ground level because they were remodeling. If it moved back up, then it sounds like there is nothing much better. But maybe I am mixing this up with another hotel?
It's been "renovated" twice in the past five years but haven't seen much improvement.

The place is way too small to accommodate everyone they give access to, They close after breakfast and don't open up again until like 5 p.m. Last time I was there it was so crowded it reminded me of being at the Palmer House before the made the lounge improvements and I had to take my breakfast back to my room since there was no place sit.

I left a pretty bad review of the lounge on TA and was told that they had received many complaints and are looking to give gold's a different breakfast alternative if they aren't on the exec floors (currently all gold's get access regardless of the floor they are on).

I'd rather they just give diamond's a full breakfast instead.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
It's been "renovated" twice in the past five years but haven't seen much improvement.

The place is way too small to accommodate everyone they give access to, They close after breakfast and don't open up again until like 5 p.m. Last time I was there it was so crowded it reminded me of being at the Palmer House before the made the lounge improvements and I had to take my breakfast back to my room since there was no place sit.

I left a pretty bad review of the lounge on TA and was told that they had received many complaints and are looking to give gold's a different breakfast alternative if they aren't on the exec floors (currently all gold's get access regardless of the floor they are on).

I'd rather they just give diamond's a full breakfast instead.
The LAX Hilton is a great example of why just having a lounge per se is not necessarily a premium experience and your comments above are dead on. The LAX Hilton Lounge needs to doubled and more importantly they need to provide a LOT more food relative to the traffic. If you go when the evening lounge hours begin, you better get what you want on your first plate. Because if you leisurely enjoy your food and drink by the time you get back to the food, it will look like a pack of hyenas just ran through the executive lounge, everything picked clean except for perhaps some random garnishes.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by Miesque
The LAX Hilton is a great example of why just having a lounge per se is not necessarily a premium experience and your comments above are dead on. The LAX Hilton Lounge needs to doubled and more importantly they need to provide a LOT more food relative to the traffic. If you go when the evening lounge hours begin, you better get what you want on your first plate. Because if you leisurely enjoy your food and drink by the time you get back to the food, it will look like a pack of hyenas just ran through the executive lounge, everything picked clean except for perhaps some random garnishes.
If LAX Hilton does what Palmer House did and restrict access to those on the exec level and give gold's a different breakfast option it may be big enough. Palmer house use to be at least as crowded as LAX and since they changed the policy last year to only diamonds and those on floors 22 and 23 there hasn't been an issue with finding a seat at breakfast of during appetizers. They have also added two hot options to breakfast.

If LAX Hilton would make the changes Palmer House did, I would be happy. With Hilton giving out Gold so easily and all gold's getting access you are going to end up with an overcrowded lounge.

That's why you should voice the complaint on sites like TA. The palmer house lounge policy finally got changed after all the complaints of overcrowding.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:08 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Melbourne South Wharf

EL staff top-notch; not advertised, but hard liquor on offer if you ask (JW Red, Jim Beam, Gin and Rum) . Great beer/wine (self-pour) selection during evening Happy Hour. EL never crowded, very relaxing visit.

Great selection of breakfst/evening offerings. ^

All staff were exceptional with a "can do" attitude.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 4:49 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

Hilton Addis Ababa, Ethiopia:
- Executive lounge, breakfast, snacks and happy hour 6-8 with open bar

Hilton Nairobi, Kenya:
- Executive lounge, breakfast, evening snacks, open bar till 10:30 pm

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.