Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New reward booking screens

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sk3
Well that sure would be cruel!

I did see on the site mention of this "Points & Money Rewards" though.

I was checking to see if the new overhaul improved the ability to actually book the Waikiki Hilton online.

Here's the link to the hotel:
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...PS5WCSGBJNMVCQ

What's new is that you can click on the Book a Reward Stay in the upper right box and enter dates, and it brings you to a screen with info without having to first enter your account number and pin.

I chose arbitrarily the date Feb 24. You're then brought to a screen showing the date and number of guests, and that HHonors Rewards was ticked off.
(I'm not sure if these links will work but here goes)
https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/...execution=e3s1

Then I clicked continue and saw this:
"There are no HHonors Reward Certificate rooms available for 24 Feb 2012 - 25 Feb 2012 at Hilton Waikiki Beach."
https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/...execution=e3s2

But under that is "View a list of available dates for HHonors rewards"

and when you click on that I see:
"This hotel has limited availability for Points & Money Rewards™ around the dates you have selected. Use the "Back a week" and "Forward a week" buttons in the grid below to search for availability or find another hotel"

and there's a box on the left with "Point & Money Rewards" selected, but also available from the box are "HHonors Points" and "Standard Rates'.
https://secure3.hilton.com/en_US/hi/...execution=e2s3
Thanks very much for working through this, sk3. I don't have time right now to check it for other properties/dates, but hope to do so...well, I hope even more that someone else will take the time to do so.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Maybe not - another recent thread indicates a memebr was able to book an upgrade with points.

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
This is an April 1 joke, right?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I've gone thru sk3's steps and I definitely am seeing the new Points and Money awards as an option, but I am not seeing any availability yet all the way to the end of the schedule at the hotel I checked. No evidence of the Point upgrades on the two award stays I have booked (including the Grand Wailea).

Also saw a completely different booking screen for a hotel under standard rates. Detailed descriptions of room types, each with a rate, and pictures.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:53 pm

I am trying to book a room with points but am not able to...really kicking myself for not booking earlier this week. It can however book at the standard rate?!? Really hoping this is a glitch and not a new way of doing things...

"There are no HHonors Reward Certificate rooms available for 28 May 2011 - 29 May 2011 at Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jackson."
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: SWA A-List Preferred & CP, Delta Diamond, HH Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by geoggirl
I am trying to book a room with points but am not able to...really kicking myself for not booking earlier this week. It can however book at the standard rate?!? Really hoping this is a glitch and not a new way of doing things...

"There are no HHonors Reward Certificate rooms available for 28 May 2011 - 29 May 2011 at Homewood Suites by Hilton® Jackson."

Call the Diamond Desk and see if they can work their magic. I never trust the screen in front of you.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by sk3
Hi mosher2k. This is major news. Could you please tell us where you saw this? A link would be terrific.
http://hhonors1-iwv.hilton.com/en_US...s/freenight.do

ignore (cancel) the password prompt while loading the page.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:14 am
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by mosher2k
http://hhonors1-iwv.hilton.com/en_US...s/freenight.do

ignore (cancel) the password prompt while loading the page.
Hi, thanks for circling back.

I tried to open it, I hit cancel at the log in screen, but not only could I not bypass it, I couldn't close out of it. Had to use "End Task" to clear it.

I'm not computer savvy (obviously!), do you have any other instructions that would help me get your link to work?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by sk3

I tried to open it, I hit cancel at the log in screen, but not only could I not bypass it, I couldn't close out of it. Had to use "End Task" to clear it.

I'm not computer savvy (obviously!), do you have any other instructions that would help me get your link to work?
i don't know - i have been using firefox... no problem opening this link.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:29 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by sk3

If you keep clicking the cancel button quickly, you'll be able to access that page. Here is the link to the FAQ.

Disclaimer: I'm still unsure whether the site is legit or not.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:31 am
sk3
Suspended

Originally Posted by mosher2k
i don't know - i have been using firefox... no problem opening this link.
Thanks just the same, I appreciate you posting the link in any case. Hopefully others will have better luck with it than me.

And thanks for sharing this big news with us in the first place.

Are you a Hilton employee?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:36 am
sk3
Suspended

Originally Posted by rdchen
If you keep clicking the cancel button quickly, you'll be able to access that page. Here is the link to the FAQ.

Disclaimer: I'm still unsure whether the site is legit or not.
Thanks! The repeated rapid clicking on the cancel button worked - for your link and the link from mosher2k.

It seems to me we're accessing the work-in-progress website.... very, very cool.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by sk3
Thanks just the same, I appreciate you posting the link in any case. Hopefully others will have better luck with it than me.

And thanks for sharing this big news with us in the first place.

Are you a Hilton employee?
no, i just did a google search with some of the mentioned key words.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:20 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Interesting changes, thanks for posting, lets wait until the legit and full details come out in the next few days - I kind of like this cash + points view - going to be interesting seeing the price of suites in points as these are the kinds of rooms I might like to splash out on. Looking at these values its good - $85 or 25,000 points isn't too bad a deal in my view (For cat 7). Wonder what this means to the diamond force awards.

I suppose one way to look at this is that award stays will be better if you aren't diamond/gold so lets hope there is some further compensation for diamond/gold. Hotels may be less generous with upgrades on awards as "if the award was important to you you'd have paid the extra points for a guaranteed upgrade" that wasn't previously an option.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Wow, interesting FAQ. Here's the one that jumped out at me:

Will I earn HHonors points for Standard Room Rewards, Points & Money Rewards, Premium Room Rewards, and Room Upgrade Rewards?

The money spent on the room rate portion of Points & Money Rewards will not be considered an eligible folio charge for which points will be issued. Determining all other incidental charges that count towards earning HHonors points varies by brand and type of charge. Please see the HHonors Terms and Conditions for details.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Wow, interesting FAQ. Here's the one that jumped out at me:
Incidentals at Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites have always been excluded for the purpose of calculating base points awarded on a reward stay. Hence, the comment re: vary by brand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.