Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I checked in last night and I'm very impressed with this hotel so far... everything looks immaculate and the hotel has a very pretty atmosphere. Only disappointment is that my room is pretty small, but I didn't expect an American-size room in old Istanbul. Breakfast is amazing, lots of Turkish food as well as Western food. There was so much food that I almost didn't want to leave!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UpperDeckJunkie
Has anyone used the Hammam and or Spa there? Is it all co ed or separated?
I used the Cemberlitas Hammam near the Grand Bazaar. It is definitely separated - men in one area, women in another. I was quite pleased overall.

Originally Posted by Santander
I checked in last night and I'm very impressed with this hotel so far... everything looks immaculate and the hotel has a very pretty atmosphere. Only disappointment is that my room is pretty small, but I didn't expect an American-size room in old Istanbul. Breakfast is amazing, lots of Turkish food as well as Western food. There was so much food that I almost didn't want to leave!
I stayed at the Doubletree Old Town just a little over a week ago and absolutely loved it! The hotel is clean and the decor modern and up to date. I was a little 'relaxed' after my Turkish bath, so had dinner that evening up in the terraced restaurant on the top floor. Was quite pleased with that as well as the mixology expertise of the bartender. I would definitely stay here again.

Although I did not visit Taksim Street, from what my guide told me and what I saw on the map, it is not too difficult to get there using public transport.... the tram, I believe goes over to near where the funicular is... a short ride up and a walk down the street will put you near another Metro for the ride back. It is absolutely on the list for the next trip.... for there will be a next one. I loved Istanbul!
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: Southwest, Hilton
Doubletree Istanbul - room opinion needed?

I understand this hotel is in the center of things. Has anyone stayed here and recommend a room with balcony, or a suite or does it matter? Thanks, I understand this hotel does not have an Executive Lounge although Hilton says that it does. Any input? Thank you.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Discussion of the DT and of the lack of an executive lounge and small rooms can be found here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...bletree-2.html
See also these threads for some other information:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ee-conrad.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...light=istanbul
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:25 pm

Actually, after searching the forums, there isn't an answer to my question.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 1:51 pm

Yes I think got my question answered. Although I was kind of hoping someone would be definate about the size of the rooms at Doubletree since the website doesn't mention room size, just bed.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 5:34 pm

IIRC, I had a "King Guest Room" on the Executive Floor during my stay in May. The room was very small but it had a decent size balcony/deck with a couple of comfortable chairs and a table. The view was awful: the backsides of some old buildings and a huge smoke stack. Needless to say, I did not spend much time enjoying the scenery from that balcony. There is no Executive Lounge at the hotel. However,the restaurant downstairs serves a good full breakfast. Feel free to e-mail me if you need any more info on this hotel.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The "Spouse stays free" is good for Blue, Silver, Gold, Diamond - whatever - HHonors members, so if you are not one, sign up before booking and put your HHonors number in the booking, in the notes section state your spouse is staying on "spouse stays free". But read below carefully...

Originally Posted by Hilton HHonors

Spouse stays free

Spouse stays free in the member's room on qualifying stays. This benefit excludes stays at Hampton Inn properties. This benefit does not apply at any hotel when the rate includes additional components (e.g., meals, activities, parking, etc.) that are quoted as a per person or per room charge.
Link
Old Aug 2, 2011, 7:54 pm

It's still probably better to ask your question in the property-related thread - more people may be keeping track of it (thread subscription) and it makes the answer easier to find for other members.

Originally Posted by mphall
Actually, after searching the forums, there isn't an answer to my question.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: Miles Smiles
Hi;

Doubletree Old Town standard rooms has around 22sqm size. I recommend a Deluxe room or a Standard with terrace. But do not expect to get any view on the sea or old city, as the hotel is situated just nearby to Grand Bazaar and do not have any view to anywhere.
And i say again: Thare is no any Executive Lounge but a very tasty roof top restaurant a large open buffet breakfast...
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Got upgraded from two standard rooms (using HH poiunts) to two suites at the new DT Old City last week for a five night stay.

Bedroom area is small, and has a queen bed (apparently no kings available).

Living room area is more generous, and very tastefully furnished.

Each suite has two bathrooms--one with bathtub, other with shower.

Both had balconies, but we never used them.

Last edited by travelexpert; Aug 7, 2011 at 5:15 pm
Old Aug 7, 2011, 1:23 pm

Which property was that? Old City or Moda?

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Got upgraded from two standard rooms (using HH poiunts) to two suites last week ago for a five night stay.

Bedroom area is small, and has a queen bed (apparently no kings available).

Living room area is more generous, and very tastefully furnished.

Each suite has two bathrooms--one with bathtub, other with shower.

Both had balconies, but we never used them.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Which property was that? Old City or Moda?
Old City.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:35 pm

Thanks!

Originally Posted by travelexpert
Old City.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:28 pm

Any suggestions on where to eat near the Instanbul Doubletree Old town?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.