FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1193348-doubletree-hilton-hotel-istanbul-old-town-tur.html)

SmallWorlds Mar 11, 2011 8:31 am

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town {TUR}

Long time reader, first time...

I'm going to Istanbul for an upcoming weekend in March (and using points so cost is not an issue :D ). I saw the extensive Hilton vs Conrad (Hilton wins) thread and the Hilton vs Hilton ParkSA (Hilton wins) thread.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the new Double Tree - Old City (opened March 1st) and how it compares to the Hilton?

Thanks in advance guys....

JDiver Mar 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

more4less Mar 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Welcome to FT SmallWorlds,

I was booked for next week at the new Doubletree in Ist but finally I had to cancel my trip to Turkey.
When you return it would be good if you could write a few words about this property.

Thanks,

tinkybelle Apr 24, 2011 12:13 pm

I am currently in Istanbul Hilton bos view exec club.
its great to have a balcony and leave the door open. I have 2 nts here then booked at the Doubletree old city.

anyone else experienced both hotels?
Just wondering if it is worth changing hotels
I really despise the taxi ride to old town and it will be fab to be able to walk around old town at night.

any thoughts on this?

mburk Apr 24, 2011 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle (Post 16272203)
I am currently in Istanbul Hilton bos view exec club.
its great to have a balcony and leave the door open. I have 2 nts here then booked at the Doubletree old city.

anyone else experienced both hotels?
Just wondering if it is worth changing hotels
I really despise the taxi ride to old town and it will be fab to be able to walk around old town at night.

any thoughts on this?

How's Istanbul? Thinking of going in June for a few days. Strictly as a tourist so I'm assuming the old city Doubletree is where we would want to stay?

vdostoi1 Apr 24, 2011 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by mburk (Post 16273464)
How's Istanbul? Thinking of going in June for a few days. Strictly as a tourist so I'm assuming the old city Doubletree is where we would want to stay?

Definitely stay there. Just came back from a week there and would go back. The rates are pretty good and also the hotel is brand new. Everything is clean (a must for me!) and the service is outstanding. Don't eat the restaurant unless you get free food as an elite member. The prices are outrageous!

tinkybelle Apr 25, 2011 2:02 am

Im only seeing base rooms and deluxe is there anything above that? we are diamond
anyone had god upgrades ?? I presume we get breakky included as diamond
Istanbul is very crisp today

vdostoi1 Apr 25, 2011 7:39 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle (Post 16275113)
Im only seeing base rooms and deluxe is there anything above that? we are diamond
anyone had god upgrades ?? I presume we get breakky included as diamond
Istanbul is very crisp today

Breakfast is included as a diamond as well as free Internet.

tinkybelle Apr 25, 2011 7:45 am

I see they also have terrace rooms

and exec club
has anyone received any sort of upgrade to terrace and club

and can u open the windows?

vdostoi1 Apr 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle (Post 16275988)
I see they also have terrace rooms

and exec club
has anyone received any sort of upgrade to terrace and club

and can u open the windows?

Not sure about the Exec Club (I was not given any access to it despite being a Gold Members) but you can open the windows.

flysero Apr 25, 2011 12:32 pm

For young people I'd NOT recommend the old city Doubletree. It's really nice there in old city (I mean Sirkeci, Beyazit, Sultanahmet..) but for the real nightlife you have to reach to Taksim, better stay at Hilton. In the day you can easily reach to the oldtown (in order to visit historical places & museums and for shopping souveniours) but in the night it would be more difficult to reach to Taksim and specially back to oldcity (actually only taxi)..

tinkybelle Apr 26, 2011 4:19 am

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Istanbul - Old Town Trip Reports and Reviews

Just checked in offered a deluxe room as upgrade.
i asked for a terrace room and they obliged
the room is quite small no bath just very large shower.
the terrace is nice and clean and sunny.
2 wooden chairs and a small table.

modern decor nice and clean.
offered breakky vouchers and internet as diamond.
fruit and nibbles just arrived.

deant Apr 27, 2011 12:29 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle (Post 16281391)
Just checked in offered a deluxe room as upgrade.
i asked for a terrace room and they obliged
the room is quite small no bath just very large shower.
the terrace is nice and clean and sunny.
2 wooden chairs and a small table.

modern decor nice and clean.
offered breakky vouchers and internet as diamond.
fruit and nibbles just arrived.

Tinkybelle, assume you were given a deluxe room with the terrace and not the suite? Is there an executive lounge and floor? Web site says there is an executive floor but no bookings are available.

Wife and I have reservations there this summer and wanted to get as much information as possible.

tinkybelle Apr 27, 2011 10:31 am

Originally Posted by deant (Post 16287165)
Tinkybelle, assume you were given a deluxe room with the terrace and not the suite? Is there an executive lounge and floor? Web site says there is an executive floor but no bookings are available.

Wife and I have reservations there this summer and wanted to get as much information as possible.

correct on the deluxe with terrace
i didnt ask for a suite
There is no club I asked and they said they are trying to get it off the website.
the rooms are VERY small. but for the price I would stay here again.
much more convenient than PH or Hilton

the doors are very heavy and slam shut at night and you can hear it
The breakky is ok there a lot to choose from but very busy with kids sliding all over the floors( well the 2 days i was there) so be prepared!

peedarp May 4, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi - I am trying to find out if this Doubletree (Old town) has an exec lounge. And if it does, I wonder how it compares to the Hilton, which everyone seems to say is one of the better exec lounges.

Thanks in advance.