Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Mumbai International Airport {IND}

Hilton Mumbai International Airport {IND}

Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: WN AL;
For paid stays we have had 4 adults in a 2 queen room as recent as last year at a holiday inn express, hampton inn and a host of cabins for our road trip to yellowstone no questions asked. So I find it baffling. Interesting I did not know one could have only 2 adults for a rewards stay. I would like to see official verbiage if anyone has a link. I could not find it. Thanks!
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Quote from terms and conditions, Reward redemption, point 20:

"Hotel Reward Certificates apply to a standard room with double occupancy room rate and tax only. Additional occupants, age 19 and above, are subject to the standard extra person charges. Any tax liability incurred (if any) in connection with the receipt and/or use of HHonors Rewards, including, but not limited to, local or city occupancy taxes, international departure tax, customs fees, airport surcharges or individual income tax is the sole responsibility of the user. Incidental charges are the responsibility of the user."

Link to terms and conditions :
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html

My experience with max two people per room (paid stays) is limited to continental Europe.

Add : maybe I'm confusing reward stays and reward certificate stays..... Sorry about that.
Hopefully someone else can give you the right answer
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: WN AL;
Thank you for the information and quick response. This clears it.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I stayed a number of times at the Hilton in Mumbai. rooms are very nice, but on the small side. 3 adult swill have to be comfortable to sleep together in the same King Bed or in 2 joined twin beds.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I have found the hotels in India (not this property in particular, but a number of others) to be quite flexible on room occupancy, even when the rules don't officially allow it. I'd suggest booking for two, then contacting the hotel to explain you have three, and see what they have to say. If they aren't willing to do it, or the room is just too small, they're likely to suggest an alternative which may not have a large difference in cost/points.
Old May 25, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Any Diamonds stay here recently? Any upgrade experiences? Is there a lounge here?
Old May 25, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by chanp
Any Diamonds stay here recently? Any upgrade experiences? Is there a lounge here?
Upgraded to exec floor on same floor as lounge. Lounge is very nice with nibbles through the day, and drinks and more substantial food in the evening. An oasis this place is in Mumbai for me.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by stevie
Upgraded to exec floor on same floor as lounge. Lounge is very nice with nibbles through the day, and drinks and more substantial food in the evening. An oasis this place is in Mumbai for me.
Great, thanks for the update, will try it this weekend.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:29 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chanp

Great, thanks for the update, will try it this weekend.
I see you're SPG Plat and Hyatt Diamond. If you need to stay in the area, you're much better off at the ITC across the street or the Hyatt Regency next door. I don't even consider staying at the Hilton these days - it does seem tiny and claustrophobic in comparison, their car service is terrible as they keep missing pickups. Among the airport hotels my preference is ITC > JW > HR > Hilton with top tier status.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:13 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Just reserved 3 rooms for 3 nights in november. Have emailed the hotel about extended diamond benefits for all 3 rooms(only 1 in each room). Any experiences?

Also, is it a nightmare getting into the centre of town? Aprox time?
Old Nov 9, 2016, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: EK Gold, LH SEN
Question

Any experiences on how the Hilton property/rooms compares to the Courtyard Marriott also nearby the airport?
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Insomnia4u
Just reserved 3 rooms for 3 nights in november. Have emailed the hotel about extended diamond benefits for all 3 rooms(only 1 in each room). Any experiences?

Also, is it a nightmare getting into the centre of town? Aprox time?
Just completed the stay. Very satisfied. Old colony-style like hotel, all upgraded to executive rooms which is ok for space, very quiet, which I highly appreciate.

Beautiful mid-section after the reception, and pick-up was complimentary (diamond benefit perhaps?)

Breakfast downstairs preferred. Lounge a bit on the small side, but ok for cocktail hour.

If you want to go to the south of town where all the sightseeing is, it´s around 1,5-2h in taxi, so rather plan for a whole day out if u´re going. I worked in the north so that´s why I preferred the hotel.

Taxi rather expensive with fixed prices, Uber way cheaper. Used a mix.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:30 am

I stayed here recently. It’s all perfectly clean, but it has that slightly musty and dusty feel many places in humid climates have. The fussy architecture (everything is gilded and it’s a pastiche of various European styles) doesn’t help. As someone who is very loyal to Hilton (mostly for cheapskate reasons) and a Diamond...I wouldn’t stay here again, I think...
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Hilton Airport Mumbai shuttle bus?

Can someone tell me if the shuttle bus at the Hilton Mumbai Airport runs continuously or if I need to call the hotel for a pickup? Thanks!!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by tryathlete
Can someone tell me if the shuttle bus at the Hilton Mumbai Airport runs continuously or if I need to call the hotel for a pickup? Thanks!!
There is no free shuttle. I had to email the hotel in advance to book a pick-up, which wasn't cheap - around $20.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.