Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Booking hotel on Kayak and Hilton Honors pts?

Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Platinum

Sorry if this has been posted already:

I plan to book a stay at a Hilton. I checked Kayak.com and found a rate that's about 25% lower than booking directly off of Hilton.com.

Can I still get Hilton Honors points if I book through the cheaper site?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
There are many threads on this - and the answer is "generally not", though on rare occasion a property will stray from the Hilton HHonors Terms and Conditions and grant them.

Originally Posted by HHonors T&Cs
3. A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. The term “stay” under these Terms and Conditions does not include any stays of the following nature: wholesale/tour operator packages; contracted airline crew rates; travel industry rates (including but not limited to travel agent discount rates); complimentary or barter rooms; Reward Stays; NET Group rates; Series Group or IT Group rates; contracted Entertainment or Encore rates; third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid); and "opaque" channel bookings where the brand is unknown at the time of purchase. HHonors points may not be earned for ineligible stays or during ineligible stays, including without limitation, folio charges incurred during ineligible stays.
<link>
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:51 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again. The term “stay” under these Terms and Conditions does not include any stays of the following nature: wholesale/tour operator packages; contracted airline crew rates; travel industry rates (including but not limited to travel agent discount rates); complimentary or barter rooms; Reward Stays; NET Group rates; Series Group or IT Group rates; contracted Entertainment or Encore rates; third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid); and "opaque" channel bookings where the brand is unknown at the time of purchase. HHonors points may not be earned for ineligible stays or during ineligible stays, including without limitation, folio charges incurred during ineligible stays.

Coloring added to answer the question.

Though some hotels won't care and code it for points anyways.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:23 pm

Off topic just a little, but recently lost out on points by booking the Rome Airport HGI with expedia rather than hhonors. The price was exactly the same except hhonors quotes in Euros and Expedia quotes in dollars. I think I lost far more in points than I did in not being charged the conversion fee.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Once can always have the Hilton websites show prices in US Dollars (or other currency) - though the rate will always ultimately depend on the day's FOREX rates.

I'll only use other websites (non-partner websites, correctly, as if you book via AAA you do get points, iirc,) if there is a large difference in rates - and take my chances. Otherwise, I'll use the HH website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.