Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Surpass Now 12x Points; Credit Card War Heats Up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, CO Gold, AA Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Citigroup Chairman

Just got an email today from Surpass:

FROM HILTON HHONORS™ SURPASS®

Your rewards just got richer

Earn 12 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands.*

Looks like they are responding to the Higher (10x points) with the new Citi Hilton Reserve Card. Definitely great for us consumers--but will it devalue points in the long run?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jayzee9

Earn 12 Hilton HHonors™ Bonus Points for every dollar of eligible purchases at any participating hotel within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands.*

Looks like they are responding to the Higher (10x points) with the new Citi Hilton Reserve Card. Definitely great for us consumers--but will it devalue points in the long run?
I doubt if this in itself will devalue points. Most people pay through other means, and most guests that use the Hilton card aren't paying for Surpass.

How many points will the standard Hilton Amex earn at Hilton properties, going forward?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:26 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by jayzee9

It doesn't entice me. Until AmEx does away with ForEx charges, it will always be my "back-up" card to CitiBank Visa Reserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.