Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Switching Airline Earning Partners After Booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

A week ago I went to the website and changed my preferred airline earning partner. Unfortunately 10 upcoming reservations are probably coded with the old partner, for example my stay last night needed to be changed at the front desk.

Is there any way to correct reservations already made, without asking each hotel to change the field at the time of stay? And why aren't existing reservations auto-corrected when I make a change at the website?
Old Dec 21, 2012, 12:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Explore
...Is there any way to correct reservations already made, without asking each hotel to change the field at the time of stay?
Perhaps this has changed, but in the past I have been told my both the Diamond Desk and individual properties that there is no "auto-correct" to already made reservations possible and that they have to be done individually by either HHonors or the property itself at check-in.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Perhaps this has changed, but in the past I have been told my both the Diamond Desk and individual properties that there is no "auto-correct" to already made reservations possible and that they have to be done individually by either HHonors or the property itself at check-in.
Thanks....so how long do you get to make the change before it becomes a real hassle to switch....can you call in to HHonors up to midnight of the checkout day, for example?

Also, prior to the cancellation deadline, I see it's possible to switch the partner for each reservation online (no way to batch-process multiple reservations, or do anything online after the cancellation deadline).

Last edited by Explore; Dec 21, 2012 at 3:06 pm
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:36 pm

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
When you check-in, just have the agent change your airline preference. It takes about 5 seconds to do...
Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:39 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

And hope he/she does it right and knows more about how to correctly do it than the typical CSR does about how to insert the rental car bonus into one's folio (about 90% of the time, I have to walk them through that one).
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
What do you mean by "insert the rental car bonus into one's folio"?

Neil
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cblaisd
And hope he/she does it right and knows more about how to correctly do it than the typical CSR does about how to insert the rental car bonus into one's folio (about 90% of the time, I have to walk them through that one).
I (for one) have had very few problems with this. Sure, I occasionally get a newer check-in agent, but most of the time it's very easy. I do always double check my folio the next day, however, just to make sure the change "took" in their system.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by missamo80
What do you mean by "insert the rental car bonus into one's folio"?

Neil
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/earn-u...ing/index.html

Earn 250 HHonors Points

Earn 250 HHonors Bonus Points whenever you rent from Thrifty in conjunction with your stay at any participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Simply present your Thrifty rental agreement or car keys when you check-in to your hotel or resort.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deemus7
I (for one) have had very few problems with this. Sure, I occasionally get a newer check-in agent, but most of the time it's very easy. I do always double check my folio the next day, however, just to make sure the change "took" in their system.
So it did work for me the past two stays. I was able to change future stays myself, but on a rez-by-rez basis which is a bit inefficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.