e-Rewards Invitation

Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:08 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
e-Rewards Invitation

I recently received an invitation, sent by Hilton HHonors, to join e-Rewards. I was told that if I take a survey within 45 days of enrolling, that I would receive 500 HHonors points. But during the enrollment process, it never even asked for my HHonors number. I just took the first survey and was not, at anytime, asked to enter my HHonors number. However, in order to enroll, I had to click on a link embedded within the email invitation. Could that alone been all that was needed for HHonors to track my e-Rewards activity? Can I expect to get the 500 points?

Also, I haven't stayed at any Hilton property in many months. Would this 500 points count as qualifying activity so that my points won't expire? Frankly, I assumed it would and is the only reason I signed up for e-Rewards. Comments?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
With e-rewards you get so much "$" per survey. You then cash it out for points. You don't give them your hhonors number until you cash out the points and you can use it with an e-rewards partner.

It is a good deal if you get enough surveys but the catch is with hilton you can only redeem one rewards every 90 days. I used to redeem points with hilton and northwest every 90 days but now delta isn't a partner.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:27 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
With e-rewards you get so much "$" per survey. You then cash it out for points. You don't give them your hhonors number until you cash out the points and you can use it with an e-rewards partner.

It is a good deal if you get enough surveys but the catch is with hilton you can only redeem one rewards every 90 days. I used to redeem points with hilton and northwest every 90 days but now delta isn't a partner.

But I'm supposed to get 500 points for enrolling and taking one survey. I still don't understand how I get the points without them having my HHonors number.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Neal
But I'm supposed to get 500 points for enrolling and taking one survey. I still don't understand how I get the points without them having my HHonors number.
You were supposed to be prompted to enter you number, I signed up recently and was, maybe you missed it?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 11:30 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlad1101
You were supposed to be prompted to enter you number, I signed up recently and was, maybe you missed it?
I just went back into the email invitation and again clicked on "enroll today." It brought up the exact same application and there positively is no place to enter my HHonors number. I just emailed e-Rewards member services so hopefully this will be resolved.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:04 pm

Try this link after logging into your account:

https://www.e-rewards.com/rewardsite...02113694079118

Alternative:
Click on rewards
Click on HHonors
Click on "Free BONUS reward"

I haven't tried it because I didn't like that they would have my PIN.... and some of the surveys seemed really intrusive, but to each his own.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
I received the e-mail over the weekend too.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: hhonors Diamond
I'e been doing this for a couple years. It all adds up, if you have the time. I switch from doing it for my airline, and then hilton. That way, it works out to about every 90 days. If I'm early and it's been a particularly busy survery season, I just wait till I get 50.00 and then cash it in. By then, it's been over 90 days for both, so I can choose. Plus, you get a bit better deal, if you wait.
Don't let your points expire! They take them away. Spend them!
I find doing a survey is a good break from my otherwise work at the comp.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by fishnfly
I'e been doing this for a couple years. It all adds up, if you have the time. I switch from doing it for my airline, and then hilton. That way, it works out to about every 90 days. If I'm early and it's been a particularly busy survery season, I just wait till I get 50.00 and then cash it in. By then, it's been over 90 days for both, so I can choose. Plus, you get a bit better deal, if you wait.
Don't let your points expire! They take them away. Spend them!
I find doing a survey is a good break from my otherwise work at the comp.
Okay, you convinced me. I'll give it a whirl. Seems easy enough to hit $50.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I used to redeem points with hilton and northwest every 90 days but now delta isn't a partner.
Delta is still a partner
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:06 am

I was invited right after I got elite status with my favorite airline. As I remember it, that link was enough. The e-value(points or miles) goes to my e-rewards account. Then when I finally get enough, I can send a "reward" to my airline account. I would not think to use this as a means to keep a HHonors account active; I'd be more inclined to buy something from the shopping portal.
I have been very happy with my e-rewards experience. It was my understanding that you could only participate with one partner at a time; but I could be wrong about that.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:19 am

Can you have more than one erewards account? I have an account where I can get rewards in several categories but have received separate invites from Priority Club and Delta.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 9:56 am

If you enroll in E-rewards through Hilton does US show up as a redeeming partner?
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bosbdl
If you enroll in E-rewards through Hilton does US show up as a redeeming partner?
Yes. Even though you signup "through" Hilton, when you redeem for rewards, you can choose any sponsor for redemption. You don't have to redeem for Hhonors points.

Current redemption options for US:

$25 Level - 500 US Airways Dividend Miles

$50 Level - 1,000 US Airways Dividend Miles

$100 Level - 2,000 US Airways Dividend Miles
Old Sep 21, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Glacier
Can you have more than one erewards account? I have an account where I can get rewards in several categories but have received separate invites from Priority Club and Delta.
From FAQ: (bolding mine)

May I transfer or sell my e-Rewards Currency to another individual or combine e-Rewards Currency from different accounts to reach higher Reward levels?

Although e-Rewards Currency can be redeemed for Rewards valued at cash-equivalent prices, your account has no cash value. Your e-Rewards Currency may not be transferred, bartered, sold or combined with any other e-Rewards account. You are limited to one e-Rewards account per individual. Please see our Member Agreement for details.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.