Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}

Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}

Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Arrow Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}

Just spent one night at the Hilton in Rosemont.

Just finished renovation. Nicely appointed.

Has only been a Hilton for about a month. Had been a Sofitel on a prior life.

Convenient to ORD.

Got a very reasonable MVP rate. Beats the hell out of the exorbitant rates at the Hilton at the airport.

No Executive lounge yet, but front desk comped me for some service in the bar. Was also given $14.50 coupon for breakfast in restaurant.

Overall, I would (likely will) return, as I often make early AM returns from ORD.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Overall, I would (likely will) return, as I often make early AM returns from ORD.
Actually prior becoming Hilton is actually called Rosemont hotel, Sofitel is before that.

There are times it actually price out the same as Hilton ORD, if it is the same price, I would choose Hilton ORD instead, so that I can wake up a little later, as it doesn't even need a shuttle, just walk to checkin.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Actually prior becoming Hilton is actually called Rosemont hotel, Sofitel is before that.

There are times it actually price out the same as Hilton ORD, if it is the same price, I would choose Hilton ORD instead, so that I can wake up a little later, as it doesn't even need a shuttle, just walk to checkin.
In my case the Rosemont was less than half the price of the airport Hilton.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
In my case the Rosemont was less than half the price of the airport Hilton.
The airport Hilton is a conference venue and that is reflected in its rates.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
We did not have such a pleasant stay. No executive lounge yet thought the website says it's available. No breakfast buffet even though we were told there was one - did get the $14.50 off breakfast, but by the time you purchase coffee and juice ($5?) it's way more than the $7 plus the coupon for the buffet.

The shuttle to the airport was over 15 minutes late. Finally asked the desk to call to check on it. I heard the driver tell the front desk that he was not going to make it for the next run either.

Room was nicely decorated. We like the HGI down the street much better. Will go back there next time.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
With reported information like JackieC2's, I'll probably stick with the Embassy Suites in Rosemont (5500 North River Rd.) We've never had any hassles, it's 2.2 miles from ORD, plenty of shuttles. And, as pauleepaul says, the ORD Hilton is a hop, skip and jump from the gates.
Old Aug 26, 2010, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike...
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by JDiver
Embassy Suites in Rosemont (5500 North River Rd.)
How long has that been there? It used to be on Mannheim, I believe...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by xyzzy
How long has that been there? It used to be on Mannheim, I believe...
That ES property in Rosemont along with the next door DT had been there for 10 years at least.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
$18 to park, The HGI keeps my business!
Old Aug 29, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
I've stayed at this property twice since it opened. While I really appreciate the convenience of the ORD Hilton, I'll be staying here again when the difference in rates is significant enough (replacing the Doubletree, two properties down the street, as my back-up property in the ORD-area). Admittedly my interaction with the employees has been limited to the front desk staff, but they've been extremely welcoming and seem enthusiastic about the property. I've not taken advantage of any of the dining options or shuttle, so no comments there. A reminder to anyone parking at the hotel, one can park either in the garage or the more convenient (IMO) parking lot between the hotel & River Road; the charge for either of those two self-parking options is the same.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 1:39 pm

Hilton Rosemont

Stayed for one night last week. Very low occupancy - not a big business travel week right before Christmas. But I was still able to get a good snack late at night at the bar, and even though I was the only table at breakfast, it was good.

As a Diamond: Free internet, Free choice of breakfast (no buffet that morning) including beverages.

I thought that this property was one of the nicer airport Hiltons I have stayed at. Nicer than ORD, although a shuttlebus is never as convenient as a walk!

BJFly
Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I'm going to bump this thread 8 months later.
They still have a shuttle from ORD at the same place?

It's been a while 4 me.

Spock Seat
Old Aug 28, 2011, 6:46 am
Suspended

Thanks

Just spent one night at the Hilton in Rosemont.

Just finished renovation. Nicely appointed.

Convenient to ORD.

Got a very reasonable MVP rate. Beats the hell out of the exorbitant rates at the Hilton at the airport.

No Executive lounge yet, but front desk comped me for some service in the bar. Was also given $14.50 coupon for breakfast in restaurant.

Thanks. I ususlaly stay at the Embassy Suites there, but will now give it a try.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I was able to get a Diamond PointStretcher rate for 18K points per night and got it for Fri-Mon (3 nts).

The shuttle pickup was very hard to get to (never did this at ORD before) and lamented staying at the ORD Hilton as we walked right past the underground entrance

The shuttle (every 20 mins) became very overloaded after its various stops and had to leave one person behind! Thankfully the Hilton was the first stop of the Hilton/Embassy/DoubleTree COMBINED SHUTTLE

Check-in was great and we were given breakfast vouchers for me and my wife for all 3 days as a Diamond member. The vouchers said Diamond/Gold, so do Golds get this as well? Every day they had a great breakfast buffet!

No Executive Lounge but we were put on the top floor on a corner room which was a little bigger with a sofa (for us to throw our stuff onto ).

The Blue Line station is a couple blocks away so it was convenient to get to downtown on each day.

The rooms were decent enough and equivalent to what you get at the ORD Hilton. Didn't try the wireless internet but it is free to Diamonds. Note that self-parking has a fee if you come by car.

Overall, it was great for the value we got, but the Hilton ORD is far more convenient.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:14 am

Any recent (Diamond) stays? Debating between this and the Rosemont Sheraton.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.