Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}

Hilton Rosemont/Chicago O'Hare {US-IL}

Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: SWA A+ & CP, Delta GM, Hyatt Diamond, *wood Plat, HH Diamond
I have stayed here as a Dia...it was a short one night stay with a very early flight. Dinner was okay - nothing wonderful. Did not get breakfast as I had to leave for the airport before 5am. The rooms were very nicely done. It was a quick one night stay - sorry that I can't offer more info.

I prefer the Westin over the Sheraton. But the Sheraton rooms are much bigger if I recall.

I am staying at the on-airport Hilton this week for the same early flight as last trip. I have never stayed at this location before.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport, BMI Diamond Club Silver, UA Premier
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how convenient the Rosemont Blue Line station is by foot? It looks to be barely half a mile but from Google Streetview it doesn't look the most hospitable for pedestrians. It also looks like it might not be such a nice walk after dark. Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong on this?

Much thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:44 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond; Celebrity Elite Plus. Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer
I just stayed at the Doubletree [there are three in a row - Hilton, then Embassy Suites, then Doubletree].

I arrived at 8pm on a Sunday evening daylight[came from St Louis by coach - Aussies do that sort of thing to see the countryside!] then the Blue line to Rosemont. I had a small wheel case [hold size] and made the walk in about 10 minutes to the Doubletree. Hilton might be 7 minutes.

I returned the next night at 11pm after doing the night lights bus tour. Like anywhere, go by day first and know your area. One leaves the station and walks under the freeway and continues until the freeway ramp entry/exit and continues towards the hotel. It is easier to cross at the lights and then you are at the Hilton.

If you know the area, it seemed safe in the dark hours. Also the area is all hotels and the convention centre. There is a cinema complex in the road closer to the airport boundary. Not a lot of road traffic at night.

If you are really concerned, take the Blue Line to the next stop - O'Hare, and have the shuttle collect you.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Gold Passport, BMI Diamond Club Silver, UA Premier
Thanks for that Peter. I was researching on behalf of my parents, so I was being extra cautious. Sounds like they'll be fine - they're experienced travellers.
Thanks again.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I stayed here for the first time last night and its a nice airport hotel and seems to be well run hotel (they have several of award plaque on the wall, which I did not find surprising). Breakfast buffet had a wide selection with freshly made eggs/omelette. Staff is nice and hotel room in excellent condition. This was the first time I used the Electronic Key feature checking in advance and using my iPhone to get into my room. It worked each time and it was nice after a very long delayed flight to go straight to my room. It is definitely nicer than the Hilton O'Hare (although after a long day I will admit I did look longingly at it while waiting for the shuttle). The shuttle did come within 20 min as it was supposed to. The only negatives were I thought the water pressure/shower head weren't that great. Also there was only one washcloth given (I personally like having at least three and it wasn't worth it to call down for additional as it was late). This and the Doubletree are definitely nice options for O'Hare stays.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I was also there Friday night for the first time, so interesting to see this.

I have to say that I share your thoughts about the breakfast, which was excellent. I thought check-in was fairly lackluster, not particularly friendly - although to be fair I would have expected there to be more staff available to deal with the numbers checking in.

Agree with the water pressure - it's not awful but a more modern property would be better. My room - standard king with no upgrade available - was in good condition but the property does reek of the Reagan area and some of the common areas could do with updating.

I drove to the property so can't comment on the shuttle. For the price I paid, I was happy - though I'm slightly surprised that you thought that it was nicer than the main airport Hilton, where I haven't stayed but didn't think that this hotel was a stand-out in terms of quality.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:58 pm

My room was on the top floor and looked like it had been renovated recently (It could have just been in good condition). What was nice compared to the Hilton ORD is there was not a lot of walking needed to get to your room. The ORD and IAD Hilton have the same sort of layout where its not high but its a rather wide building so if you travel with a material amount of luggage it can feel like a hike since wheels dont work so great on carpet. Your front desk comments make me happy I tried to Electronic Key feature and could go straight to my room. I was at the Hyatt O'Hare last night and I found the Hilton nicer and more enjoyable (I don't know what it is about that hotel but the groups that have so often have a high quotient of strange people).

Last edited by Miesque; May 29, 2016 at 3:05 pm
Old May 30, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Have stayed here several times over the last year usually having arrived into ORD on a late flight.

+ Shuttle is reliable and fast (goes from central Bus area in between Terminal 1/2/3)
+ Digital Key is great for late night arrivals although if you are relying on Gold/Diamond status for breakfast you will need to stop by reception to pick up a voucher in the morning (good for full buffet)
+ Breakfast is great and wait staff are very friendly
+ Occasional parking inclusive rate that is only a few $ more than regular rate
+ Walking distance to the Fashion Outlets

0 Small pool on top floor (a little run down)

- No business centre (there is a room market business centre around the corner to the right of reception and the Digital Key lists it as an available room to access but it is converted for some other purpose. The only available "Business Centre" is a couple of PCs right beside reception)
Old May 31, 2016, 7:08 am

Interesting to see these positive reports. A month or so ago I was looking but the existing reports on breakfast were not good so I booked the HGI at the same price. Might check back now since the Hilton is more convenient.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Dambus
Have stayed here several times over the last year usually having arrived into ORD on a late flight.

+ Shuttle is reliable and fast (goes from central Bus area in between Terminal 1/2/3)
+ Digital Key is great for late night arrivals although if you are relying on Gold/Diamond status for breakfast you will need to stop by reception to pick up a voucher in the morning (good for full buffet)
+ Breakfast is great and wait staff are very friendly
+ Occasional parking inclusive rate that is only a few $ more than regular rate
+ Walking distance to the Fashion Outlets

0 Small pool on top floor (a little run down)

- No business centre (there is a room market business centre around the corner to the right of reception and the Digital Key lists it as an available room to access but it is converted for some other purpose. The only available "Business Centre" is a couple of PCs right beside reception)
I haven't stayed at the Rosemont Hilton or DT when arriving at ORD since I sat waiting for the shuttle for 30 minutes a couple of years ago while staring across the street looking at people who were on the same flight that I was checking in at the ORD Hilton. By the time I got to my room and checked in that night it was 60 minutes after I arrived at the shuttle bus stop. If I'm not heading directly into town I would prefer to get to my room and then go downstairs and either visit the excellent gym at the ORD Hilton or visit the bar instead of waiting for the shuttle or sitting on the shuttle as it drives to the hotel.

When coming from town I will still stay at the Rosemont Hilton properties provided I don't have an early morning flight.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; May 31, 2016 at 11:07 am
Old May 31, 2016, 2:39 pm

I few years ago I had that sort of experience waiting for the shuttle for I forget which hotel. It was late after a delayed flight and long day and I remember just looking longingly at the big Hilton red neon (I had several consecutive stays there before deciding to branch back out because it seemed service had declined slightly and the room service rates had really escalated since you are captive at that hotel)
Old Jun 12, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Don't have much experience with ORD Hiltons, but have a general knowledge of the area.

Question: any reason not to book ORD Hilton for a 1 day stay - ~11am arrival, trip to the city with kids and 7am next day departure?

Award rates are very similar (30-40K)and I feel like staying right at the airport beats most of the advantages of hotels in Rosemont...
Old Jun 12, 2016, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Artemk
Question: any reason not to book ORD Hilton for a 1 day stay - ~11am arrival, trip to the city with kids and 7am next day departure? Award rates are very similar (30-40K)and I feel like staying right at the airport beats most of the advantages of hotels in Rosemont...
Exactly. Easy walk through underground tunnel to Blue Line station. And easiest return to the airport the next morning.

One caveat. Food options at the ORD Hilton are not numerous, so you might consider eating in town before heading back to the hotel.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
One caveat. Food options at the ORD Hilton are not numerous, so you might consider eating in town before heading back to the hotel.
Thanks for the heads up.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:03 pm

The limited food options are a good point. One of the factors why I haven't been back to the Hilton ORD in a while is that last time I was there the room service prices had materially increased above what I would consider to be fair (and I do a lot of room service so I think I have a pretty good gauge on pricing) and as noted there are not many options for you at that location versus somewhere like Rosemont.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.