Conrad Algarve {PRT}

Old Aug 5, 2010, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Conrad Algarve {PRT}

I'm planning a holiday with the family in July 2011 and was wondering if anyone knew when the Conrad Resort in Portugal opens? Does anyone know?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I just checked the Conrad web site's new properties listing, and it says this property will open TBD.

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...d/newHotels.do

Typically a new build Hilton-branded property specifies an opening date--and you can readily add two years to that.

To be determined is Hilton speak for "not for a very, very long time, if ever".

But there is an alternative if you're into the Hilton brand--the Hilton Vilamoura:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...a_Algarve.html
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:05 am
Original Poster

has anyone heard anything about the Conrad Hotel in Portugal....I've read that it is scheduled to open in June 2011 - when will they be taking bookings (reward ones) as I'm thinking about a trip in late June..?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Conrad Algarve Palacio Da Quinta in Algarve is presumably scheduled Q2 2011, but there's no evidence as yet.

<link> to other Conrads coming in next 2 - 3 years.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

if anyone is interested here is a link to the new Conrad hotel in Portugal which opens in July 2011 - not taking reservations, however info now up on Conrad site

http://conradhotels1.hilton.com/en/c...tyhocn=FAOAPCI
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Looks nice! Thanks for posting the link.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Looks amazing.

Just one concern when you look at the hotel location description:

" Synonymous with elegance and privacy, Quinta do Lago is an exclusive golf and residential estate of nearly 2,000 acres bordering the Atlantic ocean and the Ria Formosa Park. In this private location magnificent golf courses and majestic villas blend with the green umbrella pines and the tranquility of lakes. "

Algarve is famous for its beaches.

Do you see the word "beach" anywhere?
Old Apr 24, 2011, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

This new Conrad hotel is now taking reservations from the 1st Sept 2011....I've just managed to confirm a stay for the 2nd - 6th Sept 2011.....can't wait as it looks and sounds perfect.
Old May 11, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
I was thinking about going too but is it a bad idea to go to a hotel so soon after opening? Could it have loads of teething issues or does Conrad have a good reputatation after it opens up a new hotel that there aren't really that many issues? Thanks
Old May 14, 2011, 8:34 am
Original Poster

I know what you're saying, however I guess if the do mess up which is unlikely I'm sure they'll compensate me well......I will post some pics when I get back in Sept
Old May 15, 2011, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by MediaMan
This new Conrad hotel is now taking reservations from the 1st Sept 2011....I've just managed to confirm a stay for the 2nd - 6th Sept 2011.....can't wait as it looks and sounds perfect.
Unless you have alternate plans this is probably not a very good idea because who knows if they really will be open or not on that date. Hotel openings are often delayed.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 7:42 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Originally Posted by holtju2
Unless you have alternate plans this is probably not a very good idea because who knows if they really will be open or not on that date. Hotel openings are often delayed.
MediaMan - I hope you hadn't flights booked, the hotel now is opening 1st November 2011, not 1st September
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

very much nightmare as flights were confirmed, however the Director at the Hilton / Conrad in Portugal has been top class in understading my feelings about the delay and very accommodating. Still going in September and now potentially looking to drive to WA Seville which is under 2hrs drive......
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:23 pm

very much nightmare as flights were confirmed, however the Director at the Hilton / Conrad in Portugal has been top class in understading my feelings about the delay and very accommodating. Still going in September and now potentially looking to drive to WA Seville which is under 2hrs drive......
You will NOT be disappointed with the
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...lle-spain.html
Old Jun 14, 2011, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the link seychellesbound - it sounds perfect and I've just booked it for Sept 2011......is there a charge to use the fab Spa or do HH Golds get it included?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.