Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 13, 10, 2:17 pm   #1

Programs: Amex PLAT, Hilton DIA, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, WN RR, TSA Disparager Silver
Hilton Late Checkout: Fact or Fiction?

Hey folks, just interested in comparing notes. A couple times lately I've requested late checkout and have gotten the definite impression it's scarce as hens' teeth (past 1 PM anyway).

Anyone have insight? When I called this morning (Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, TN) it didn't sound as though my having VIP status made any difference. The desk staffer told me she'd 'check with housekeeping', then put me on hold for two seconds - during which time she could only have checked with housekeeping had she been speaking at the speed of light - then came back and told me it wouldn't happen.

Honestly, this is the one area where (for me) SPG really gets the nod over Hilton (except for householding of points, another whole topic)...

Have you ever gotten a really late checkout? Where and under what circumstances? (I did do a search for other threads and didn't see an omni on this subject - apologies if I've somehow missed it...)
divemistressofthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 3:24 pm   #2

Diamond here, generally no late check out. The one time it was granted, I was staying off season in miami.
rknicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 3:29 pm   #3

Programs: AA EXP and 5 MM, BA Gold, PC Ambassador, HH Diamond
1-2 pm is usually what is offered in HH properties, IME.

IC AMB guarantees 4 pm (RA 8 pm.)
pauleeepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 3:53 pm   #4

Programs: UA1K BIS Million Mile Flyer, HH Diamond, IC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
We've generally had no problem obtaining a 1:00-2:00 p.m. checkout. The Buenos Aires Hilton quibbled with us recently, which was annoying, but they did have a hotel-filling convention from Brazil coming in the same evening so it was somewhat understandable.
Fredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 5:31 pm   #5
Talkboard Member & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, DL, UA General Member, BW Gold, HH Gold, Amtrak Select Plus
I've asked three times and was told twice 1 PM was the latest. The third time I asked for 1 and was offered 1:30, I'm certain I could have extended it past then if I'd wanted.
Old Jun 13, 10, 5:47 pm   #6

Programs: AC SE/S100K; HHonors Gold; a bunch of others at various levels!
I've asked several times and almost always received what I asked for, which usually was 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. I don't recall ever asking for a room past 2:00 p.m. I've had 2:00 twice this year - Doubletree Syracuse and Cardiff Hilton.
GJS - yow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 6:35 pm   #7

Programs: HH Diamond (The Hard Way) Braniff Platinum, Eastern Airlines Gold, Piedmont Airlines Rubix Level
Late Check-out never been an issue

Just two weeks ago I was given a 1:00pm check-out I have never been declined a late check-out or early check in. Most of these have been Hampton Inn in NC and SC
Companycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 7:22 pm   #8

Programs: HHonors - Diamond; Priority Club - Platinum; AS - Gold
At an 11:00 checkout Hampton, I asked for 1:00 recently and was given it after the clerk looked at the screen for a few seconds. His tone seemed to indicate it hadn't been a problem.
Points Scrounger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 7:57 pm   #9

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
I've generally had good luck w/ getting late checkout until 2PM. Beyond that it's hit or miss.

I agree that SPG's approach is preferable--4PM pretty much guaranteed rather than Hilton's we'll try out best approach.
stanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 8:16 pm   #10

Programs: AP, CX Gold, HHonours Gold, SPG Gold, KL/AF Gold
Asian properties are far superior in these terms.

I asked and got late check out at Hilton KL twice, 6 PM and 4 PM. At Hilton Singapore, I've had it extend to 3 PM. 4 PM check out (subject to blah blah) was mentioned on the Diamond benefit list letter I got at check in at each of these properties.
payam81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 10, 12:18 am   #11

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by payam81 View Post
Asian properties are far superior in these terms.
Indeed, the Hilton in Colombo, Sri Lanka, granted me a 9:00 PM checkout when I was there this past April. On the other hand, Europe has proven to be very hit or miss. The Hilton Dusseldorf did not want to permit me to check out anytime later than noon.
LarryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 10, 12:40 am   #12

Programs: UA-1K(2MM), IHG-Royal Amb, HH-Diamond, Hertz-5*, AA, SPG, LHW, SLH
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul View Post
1-2 pm is usually what is offered in HH properties, IME.

IC AMB guarantees 4 pm (RA 8 pm.)
RA 8pm? Are u sure about it?
GordonGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 10, 2:23 am   #13
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Quote:
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark View Post
Hey folks, just interested in comparing notes. A couple times lately I've requested late checkout and have gotten the definite impression it's scarce as hens' teeth (past 1 PM anyway).

Anyone have insight? When I called this morning (Embassy Suites in Murfreesboro, TN) it didn't sound as though my having VIP status made any difference. The desk staffer told me she'd 'check with housekeeping', then put me on hold for two seconds - during which time she could only have checked with housekeeping had she been speaking at the speed of light - then came back and told me it wouldn't happen.

Honestly, this is the one area where (for me) SPG really gets the nod over Hilton (except for householding of points, another whole topic)...

Have you ever gotten a really late checkout? Where and under what circumstances? (I did do a search for other threads and didn't see an omni on this subject - apologies if I've somehow missed it...)
Diamond here. Mixed experience but usually does the status not matter. When I get the late check-out I usually get it in the hotels where I am a regular guest.
Zurich Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 10, 3:38 am   #14

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
In hotels as returning guest - no problem to get 2-4PM.
Best ever was in Conrad SIN where they allowed us check-out at 6PM + lounge access until ~9PM when we left for airport.
Old Jun 14, 10, 5:30 am   #15

Programs: DL GM, IHG PC Plat, Marriott Gld, Choice Priv Gld, Carlson Gold
I can usually get 1 but have always had issues with anything beyond that domestically.
pmaddock is offline   Reply With Quote