Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Late Check Out" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2009, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by saviox
Hello,

I have seen that you are HH Gold. One of the perks is late check out(3pm). It is subject to availability but you should have no problem to have the room, at least, up to 2 pm.
saviox

I do not think that you are correct, but I am willing to apologise if you will provide the specific reference to the T&C that that "one of the perks is late check out (3pm)"
Old Jul 25, 2009, 10:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
saviox

I do not think that you are correct, but I am willing to apologise if you will provide the specific reference to the T&C that that "one of the perks is late check out (3pm)"
Hello Bondiboy,

Probably you are right, but last Wednesday I checked out from the Millenium Hilton in BKK, where they upgrade me to Executive floor, and at check in they gave a list of all the perks for HH Gold, among those it was included the late check out.
Probably it was only at this property, but my experience is similar at other properties.
In BKK, when asking about late check out, they said that they were busy in executive rooms, .... but allowed us to stay up to 16h, and I got the impression that insisting we could have gone up to 17h. Nevertheless I did not try because the lady mentioned that we could use the showers next to the pool, the lounge up until our departure time,... so I was happy with it.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've asked for late checkout twice in the last month and have recieved it both times.

The first time (Doubletree Paradise Valley Resort, AZ) I was asked when I wanted it and when I prompted 1, the very friendly agent said "how about 1:30 just to be sure?"

The second time (Scottsdale Hilton Resort, AZ) the agent said "you're now set for 1 PM" and walked away.

Both times, however, after noon my key stopped working.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
AFAIK, guaranteed late checkout is not a published benefit of HHonors Elite of any level (SPG Platinum is 4pm).
Since you mentioned SPG, they also offer 4 PM late checkout to Preferred Plus and Gold members, not just Platinum. It's one reason I always opt for Starwood when I need a late afternoon checkout. It came in handy at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre when I had to catch a 5:45 PM train to Seattle. Wake up, Hilton!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
As posted many time in this thread, "Late Check Out" is mentioned in the T&C.

It is under Amenities and is available for for all HHonors members, including Blue, Silver VIP, Gold VIP and Diamond VIP:
  • Late Check-Out: Must be requested and is subject to availability.
So, if you do get it there should be no charge, but there is no guarantee of it's availability.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 10:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, CO Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Emerald
I usually ask for a 2pm checkout and they usually tell me they can do 1pm. Recently however at LAS I had a 7pm flight, so I asked about staying until 5pm. I was at the Grand Vacation at the Flamingo. They told me I could stay til 5pm, but that it would be a $50 charge. I accepted.

Since this asks what is "reasonable" I would say 2pm is reasonable, after that I would appreciate anything they gave me and rack it up as going the extra mile if they did.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 4:06 pm

I generally don't ask unless its a flight type situation. During the week I expect that they will base their response on occupancy. If its full or nearly full then I expect that 2pm is about the limit. On a weekend its usually more flexible. Generally I've found that if your polite and explain why you'd like to extend the checkout time then it will be granted. I stay at some hotels semi - frequently and that helps also - Warsaw Poland almost knows that I want to check out Sunday at 3pm so that I can hit the gym before my evening flight

Actually leaving a little before the time you requested usually also ensure the next time you ask at that hotel they'll accomodate.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 5:45 am

Programs: AA Plat 2 mill miler;UA Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Late Check-Out as as an Elite Level Honors Member...Your Experience?

I have recently had a couple of not great experiences at Hiltons when requesting a (modestly) later check-out. The most recent was at Quebec City where I requested 130 and was told 100 pm was the latest possible. The hotel was bookable for the next night (in fact the reason I needed the late check-out was, as I told the Agent, I would only know at 130 whether I was going to extend my stay, and didn't want to have to pack and then likely come back to the room).

I ended up in a somewhat surreal discussion with the front desk person who, among other things, told me "everyone asks for late check-outs so we can't give it". I could, however, pay for it. Quite stupid.

In any case, while I know that every property and every circumstance may vary, I am curious what others' experience has been with late check-out, particularly as an elite level member.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have never had a problem with late checkouts....i was in & out of hilton properties these last few days & was even given a 6pm checkout once....

25/09 - 26/09 - hilton singapore - 4pm checkout
26/09 - 27/09 - millenium hilton bangkok - 4pm checkout
27/09 - 29/09 - hilton hua hin - 4pm checkout
29/09 - 30/09 - millenium hilton bangkok - checked out at 2pm for my flight
30/09 - 02/10 - hilton phuket arcadia resort & spa - 4pm checkout
02/10 - 03/10 - conrad bangkok - 6pm checkout (originally had a 4pm checkout but my flight got delayed so i asked the manager if another couple of hours would be possible & he got it done with no fuss at all)
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:06 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Stayed at the Hampton in Leesburg, VA and asked for one. The clerk said 12PM. I said isn't that the normal check-out, he said no, that 11AM was. I didn't even think that anyone had 11AM checkouts anymore, except in resort areas. Wouldn't budge past 12.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
IME they will automatically grant an hour late. Not sure whether this is to everyone or just those with status. Longer will vary by hotel. I can't remember being denied but I usually don't ask for anything extreme. I also sometimes go past my agreed time by up to an hour and there is never any comment when I do check out.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I always get 9pm checkout at the Hilton Millennium BKK. However this is the alternative choice amenity as a Diamond staying in a Suite, as they cannot upgrade me anymore.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Wide spectrum, from 3:00pm no problem to the evil SF fishermans warf where they offered a "discount" fee of $30 for a 1:00pm late checkout.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am batting 100% in getting late HH checkouts up to 2 hr in Europe and about 50% in the US. At Marriott it is 100% (low status) and 100% at SPG (med status).

MisterNice
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: Oz Diamond,
Not much of success

I did not request late check out oftern but when I requested, I did not have much of success.

Homewood Suites by Hilton® Edgewater-NYC Area -Aug, 09, 1 pm late check out. Just one hour from regular check out which was useless.

Doubletree Hotel Los Angeles/Rosemead - Apr, 09. 2 pm late check out. I cannot take it because I cannot get of work until 5 pm. I was offered $80 discount fee until 6 pm. The regular rate was $130 per night. The discount rate was ridicules.

Polar Bear

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.