Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Gold Stays on Silver Booking - Bennies?

Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

So a Silver needs to pump up his stay count to meet a hurdle for return to Diamond status. It's nasty not getting free breakfast and better upgrades.

While that's in process, the member's wife, who is Gold for 2 years, will be staying with him at a Hilton. Naturally, we'd like to leverage breakfast (and upgrade?) if possible.

Is it possible, if the booking is on my account? Trying to switch accounts while at the property sounds a little risky, but maybe we'd score the bennies on a soft basis when my wife shows her card.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I've been told several times that it is the person whose name and HHonors number is on the reservation. So, in this case, it is your husband's HHonors number -- so benefits would be Silver. If you credited the stay to your account, then it would be Gold benefits.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by Explore
So a Silver needs to pump up his stay count to meet a hurdle for return to Diamond status. It's nasty not getting free breakfast and better upgrades.

While that's in process, the member's wife, who is Gold for 2 years, will be staying with him at a Hilton. Naturally, we'd like to leverage breakfast (and upgrade?) if possible.

Is it possible, if the booking is on my account? Trying to switch accounts while at the property sounds a little risky, but maybe we'd score the bennies on a soft basis when my wife shows her card.
Thw beenies follow the HHonors # on the reservation. If booked as Silver, Silver bennies. If as Gold, credit and points to Gold account
Old Apr 26, 2010, 5:34 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You would be very lucky for it to work out in your favor. The benefits will be tied to the account getting credit for the room.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Let's begin with update your profile.

HH has this family/couple thing where you are both Diamond/Gold/Silver based on the combined activity. I don't think they are promoting it anymore but might be worth a call.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
HH has this family/couple thing where you are both Diamond/Gold/Silver based on the combined activity. I don't think they are promoting it anymore but might be worth a call.
Signups for HHonors Mutual Fund accounts were phased out in 2004.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by monahos

I got it a good bit after that.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Thanks...I guess the thing to do, for a multi-night stay, is to make the booking on the Gold account for the first night. And at the Las Vegas Hilton at least, presenting a Gold card at breakfast should work for the buffet on subsequent mornings.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Actually, they are still granted (on a technicality) for some HGVC purchasers. They are nice, as it means both members have the nominal status, and both members' stays, nights and points count for the shared account.

But to the OP's point, the res holder will get the goodies and benefits. Searching might reveal how a Silver could gain a more rapid path to Gold, however, iirc.

Originally Posted by Hilton HHonors
1. Effective April 1, 2004, new HHonors Mutual Fund accounts are no longer available. HHonors members who have a Mutual Fund account as of March 31, 2004 will continue to receive Mutual Fund benefits.
Originally Posted by monahos

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.