Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: simonsmith
EXECUTIVE LOUNGE OPENING HOURS (observed in January 2024)
Mon-Sun: 07.00 - 17.00, then moves to Blue Blood Bar (ground floor) 17.00-20.00. No breakfast service.

Breakfast buffet Full breakfast in Blue Blood Restaurant
Mon - Fri 07.00 - 10.30
Weekends and National Holidays 07.00 - 11.00
Cocktail bites & Canapes in the Executive Lounge
2 hot item
Daily 17.00 - 19.00
Alcoholic drinks
Mon - Fri 17.00 - 20.00
Weekends and National Holidays 17.00 - 20.00

Coffee, tea and soft drinks are available during opening hours.
The outside terrace has standing room only in winter.

In December 2018 the hotel switched back to glass bottles, 'Spa' brand, 0.5L - complimentary for Honors members.

Print Wikipost

Hilton The Hague {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 5:00 am

The rooms are nice, that's true. But the management of the executive floor is not very good. There were quite a few diplomats with their families staying there, waiting for their houses to be ready to move in or go back home. So kids running around all day long, even kids using their scooters in the hallway. People staying in the suite next to the exec. lounge drying the laundry on the glass partition to the lounge terrace. The staff never said anything - no comfort there, with these loud and messy children. Never experienced anything like that in any Hilton hotel. They just serve Prosecco and white/red wine and beer in the lounge. The service was extremely slow in refilling the snacks in the evening - as someone said before, the quality is a hit or miss. No sweets in the afternoon are served, just some cookies out of the package.
If you get it for a reasonable price it would be ok, otherwise I'd stay elsewhere.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Anyone that knows about their current upgrade policy for Golds?
Lounge access, upgrades... where to have breakfast...?
Thanks in advance
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: HH D
Can't help it I'm a diamond, but when business is slow they will upgrade any potential return customer. As a diamond I mostly got Jr Suites or even the 1-bedroom on the non-executive floors. Apart from that, the bathrooms of any room at this hotel are just great, I've never seen any larger or more luxurious. The hotel's restaurant is a 'real' restaurant and while sitting at the window you'll notice tons of people riding by on a bicycle towards the best nightlife area of The Hague, which is just a five minute walk away. There's no big reason you would want to stay at the lounge, unless it's almost empty and you want to sit quiet, or in summer, when there's a nice terrace.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Anyone that knows about their current upgrade policy for Golds?
Lounge access, upgrades... where to have breakfast...?
Thanks in advance
HHG here is usually upgraded to exec, even if hotel is busy and you get only have upgrade to deluxe, you should still get lounge access as an HHG here

Breakfast in lounge or restaurant is allowed even if you get lounge acess
Old Jan 16, 2015, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by scubaccr
HHG here is usually upgraded to exec, even if hotel is busy and you get only have upgrade to deluxe, you should still get lounge access as an HHG here

Breakfast in lounge or restaurant is allowed even if you get lounge acess
Thank you, very helpfull. We are planning a weekend stay so if breakfast is not served in the lounge (due to lower occupancy) we will get breakfast in the main restaurant which is nice. Lounge access in the evening would be just an extra bonus if we get it.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 4:07 am

Came back yesterday from a 1 night weekend stay at this Hilton.
Booked the cheapest king room and was upgraded to the executive floor as a GOLD. Breakfast could be eaten downstairs in Pearl restaurant as well and this was quiet nice. Evening canapés in the lounge were ok, nothing special (only warm options were some deep-fried industrial frozen finger-food) along with some smoked salmon mousse, some cheeses and smoked fish on pieces of 'pumpernickel' bread.
No hard alcohol, only white/red/rose and Prosecco wines (all quiet nice though) and Beck's and Heineken beer. When we returned from dinner at around 10pm the wines were still there which I suppose is quiet nice.
All together definitely value for money, especially at the low weekend rates they often offer.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Update with Pictures of Hilton the Hague:

Pearl Earring Restaurant:

Pearl Earring Restaurant
by BA_pics, on Flickr

To get to the point: still an excellent hotel, outstanding staff and great HHonors treatment.

Both this place and the Rotterdam Hilton are brilliant and can be recommended without hesitation, wish we had more places like these in the UK.

So, stayed here for a one night stay (Monday night) and had booked the entry level king bed room. I arrived very early indeed (9 AM) and cheekily asked if I would be able to get a room that early, the staff member was very helpful and offered the choice of getting my pre assigned room of a suite if I could wait a few hours as they were full, or, if I wanted to accept a lower room type I could likely have something now. They sweetened the deal by suggesting that I could use the lounge and also get some breakfast in the restaurant if I wanted (for free, they called the staff there and explained the situation). So, I had a lovely relaxed breakfast in the restaurant and then just did some work in the lobby (I could have gone to the lounge but couldn’t be bothered to be honest).

A suite was ready for me just after lunch and I have posted pictures of that earlier in this or another thread, however, the one bedroom suite I received on the second floor this time had a slightly different layout with no balconies and the bedroom being a different mix (less windows, more closet space and two desks, I guess one could be considered the sitting desk for getting dressed and doing make up or such things and the other for work…)

Picture of the bed and desk behind with full wall wardrobes:

One Bed suite with two desks
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Desk behind bed (dressing table?):

desk behind bed
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Also, the bathroom was definitely more fun as the massive bathroom still had two sinks and a very large bath but this room had two showers, one on each wall and in the same ‘cubicle’ so, could have had some fun if I wasn’t alone here!

Dualling Showers: (or fun for two):

fun showers left hand one
by BA_pics, on Flickr

fun showers right hand one
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The rooms are still in excellent shape and very quiet, also still had a small kitchen area with microwave, sink, fridge with dishes and cutlery (along with a nespresso machine).

Main Living Room of one bed suite;

living room
by BA_pics, on Flickr

The other things that I noted this time around were that there is now construction in the area which made my car sat nav go nuts as it kept trying to direct me to the hotel using this street which was blocked…so ended up having to do some bigger loops to get around the one way systems on some streets. I used the valet parking here and had in and out privileges without extra cost and excellent service from the concierge staff. (same price as self park as well I am told).

I finally had an evening meal in the restaurant as well (a business meeting) and have to say the food was stunningly good. We both chose the ’surprise’ menu which could be 2, 3, or 4 courses and apparently is the latest craze in the Netherlands. The food was both excellent for taste as well as presentation, sorry that there are no photos but it was a work meal so not really suitable to whip out the camera. (which was a shame as it really did look fantastic). An Amuse Bouche was also provided as part of that surprise meal and everything was as one could hope. Highly recommend trying an evening meal here.

Another picture of the restaurant:

Hilton Hague Restaurant
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Not much else to say really, a great hotel, staff and restaurant in a lovely city. I’ll be back for sure, however, the Rotterdam Hilton is also now very good as well, a bit busier but their recent renovation means the rooms are just as nice or better but that hotel is definitely busier…watch that thread for some updated pics of the room I had there as well.

Hope these points and pictures help others deciding where to go.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 5:56 am

I just read a recent article on a website (denhaagfm.nl) saying that Jolijn Zeeuwen, the general manager of this hotel, is leaving this hotel and will be the GM of Hilton Schiphol from next month on. I hope the treatment of their loyal guests stays as it is now...
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Any updates on Hilton The Hague for HHonors Gold members?
Currently there is a flash sale for around EUR 87
I have stayed at Hilton Rotterdam and it was excellent! That's currently EUR95..... I like Rotterdam so much, the Hague is good too.... and quite near Rotterdam actually.
Old Oct 4, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
The hotel hasn't changed much recently - it is still fine with good upgrades (at least for diamond, I assume also for golds).

Go to La Gone for lunch, just across the road. Excellent French Traiteur
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Any updates on Hilton The Hague for HHonors Gold members?
Currently there is a flash sale for around EUR 87
I have stayed at Hilton Rotterdam and it was excellent! That's currently EUR95..... I like Rotterdam so much, the Hague is good too.... and quite near Rotterdam actually.
Last time we stayed (about 2 months ago) we only received an upgrade to a deluxe and NO lounge access as a HHG (hotel was full though).
We have another stay in about 2 weeks time, very curious what will happen...
Old Oct 21, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
There are some nice junior suites. The lounge is nice in the summer with the balcony and lounge chairs.
But: Food and Spirits are poor at this lounge. I have complained the last time about the bad quality and poor service from executive hostess.
Rotterdam Lounge has 5-star with food, but no spirits in lounge like Schiphol or Canary Warf.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by summer01
The rooms are nice, that's true. But the management of the executive floor is not very good. There were quite a few diplomats with their families staying there, waiting for their houses to be ready to move in or go back home. So kids running around all day long, even kids using their scooters in the hallway. People staying in the suite next to the exec. lounge drying the laundry on the glass partition to the lounge terrace. The staff never said anything - no comfort there, with these loud and messy children. Never experienced anything like that in any Hilton hotel. They just serve Prosecco and white/red wine and beer in the lounge. The service was extremely slow in refilling the snacks in the evening - as someone said before, the quality is a hit or miss. No sweets in the afternoon are served, just some cookies out of the package.
If you get it for a reasonable price it would be ok, otherwise I'd stay elsewhere.

No changes yet! Great rooms / upgrades. Hot snacks in the lounge were gone in under 5 minutes. Still wating for a "refill" (30 minutes and counting ..... ).
Old Nov 10, 2015, 6:40 am

Hilton the Hague

Stayed here for a few days on a work trip recently. Stayed in a standard room. It was a very good stay, at least for me.

I will let my videos do the talking.

Glimpses of the room

Breakfast, in the Pearl restaurant.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Whats wrong with upgrade to deluxe as gold? Hotel could be full, that could be all you get as a Diamond too, not breaking any rules.
Did you also get breakfast in the restaurant?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.