Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Loyalty Programs > Hilton | Hilton HHonors
Sign in using an external account

Old May 12, 10, 9:12 am   #31

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
They don't verify so leave your pay stubs and tax returns at home.
linsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 10, 9:20 am   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsj View Post
They don't verify so leave your pay stubs and tax returns at home.
Thanks!

Guess I'm still scarred from my Amex experience, glad to hear that Hilton is more sane.
FLLDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 10, 6:29 pm   #33

Location: DAL, but wishing I was in AKL, BGI, DBV, PPT, or SBH
Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold
It is low pressure, and I am a salesman and was prepared for one of my sales pitches, but it wasn't bad at all.....I estimated that I was making probably $100/hour by sitting there for two hours, so it was certainly time well spent. Sat at the Hilton Kauai, and they are nice and the offer was a bit tempting, but I wasn't in a position at the time to indulge. Afforded me a car for 4 days, though....something I just didn't have the cash for otherwise.
Old May 12, 10, 7:09 pm   #34

Programs: DL Diamond, car rental, hotel, etc.
good advice...I was actually more interested in the Kona property where there isn't easily available "less expensive" competiton...
FlyDL757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 10, 3:30 am   #35

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Hawaii trip is an expensive one after you factor airfare (or airmiles), food, activities, local transportation, etc.

Therefore, saving few hundred dollars on accomodation should be kept in that bigger picture. Plus how much you value your time while on vacation and how much would you like to give almost 2 hours of your time to these timeshare salespeople?
sjuhawk_jd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 10, 3:49 am   #36
Senior Moderator/Moderator: American AAdvantage, Mexico, and Talkboard Topics

Programs: AA EXP / 5 MM; HH <>; SPG Gold; Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The good thing about a condo is one can cut expenses significantly - on the Big Island, one often lands, picks up a rental car, heads south to Costco on Maiau St. in Kailua Kona, loads up and heads north / upcoast to "home" to stock larder and fridge.
Old May 14, 10, 5:51 am   #37

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlabdad View Post
Hi Folks, jumping over from the Marriott forum...
Hoping something can provide some information or point me to the right place as searching wasn't fruitful...We received an offer from HGVC for a timeshare travel package to the Hilton Hawaiian Village (and others). We honeymooned there 20yrs ago and visited again in 2008 and have fond memories. We were planning a visit to Hawaii in August anyway and are considering taking the 6day/5nt package offer and attending the timeshare presentation. I'm a Marriott guy and don't own a timeshare but would be interested in hearing what Hilton has to offer.

Now the question...How high pressure are their packages/presentations and do they actually give the promotional items as promised without fuss? Did this for Marriott Kauai and there was no pressure whatsoever and they immediately gave us any promotional items such as points, credits, etc. I'm asking because I've seen the high pressure tactics in Florida and other locations. We would love to hear what Hilton has to offer in exchange for the package but we don't want sales people to ruin our vacation either.

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks,
I received this too - may take advantage
kimmielou01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 10, 10:49 am   #38

Location: DAL, but wishing I was in AKL, BGI, DBV, PPT, or SBH
Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, HH Gold
By the way: does anyone know how long one must wait between presentations to be eligable for the cash payment again? I have a possible trip to the Grand Wailea coming up, and it sure would be nice to have that change in my pocket again!!
Old Jan 7, 12, 10:11 pm   #39

Programs: UA, AA
How do I get one of these invitations? May I get a referral from a current owner of the Hilton timeshare? Thanks.
nydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 10:06 pm   #40

Programs: SPG Plat, HH Gold, Kayaker/Freeloader on UA, AA, US, DL, BA
20,000 HHonors Points for HGVC Presentation

I'm at the Grand Waikikian in HNL and they're offering 20,000 HHonors Points for a 90-120 minute sales tour. Other HGVC properties may offer this as well, but for those in the area, this may be an easy way to get 20k Hilton.
DC777Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 10:43 pm   #41

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver, HHonors & SPG Gold
I have only done it once but seems kinds low if it is a timeshare presentation. I did this at a Intercontinental last year and they gave us 2 nights at a Intercon anywhere. Again what we did was a 90 minute timeshare presentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC777Fan View Post
I'm at the Grand Waikikian in HNL and they're offering 20,000 HHonors Points for a 90-120 minute sales tour. Other HGVC properties may offer this as well, but for those in the area, this may be an easy way to get 20k Hilton.
filelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 11:20 pm   #42

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
so how would one research this to find opportunities near by? call and ask?
stupidzbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 12, 11:25 pm   #43

I have to say that I agree that this is very low value. I recently did one of thse presentation but in exchange I got to stay on the property in a 1 bedroom suite for about $50 per night. In addition, I received 15K HH and a $100 credit redeemable at any US hotel.
iexaltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 12, 11:02 pm   #44
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC777Fan View Post
20K Hilton is worth about $100. (I use 0.5 cents/HH point). Not worth my time for a high pressure timeshare presentation, I would instead want 2 free nights at a higher level hotel.

Back in the day when nearly everyone were selling timeshares (2005-08 or so), we would do the presentions for $100-$150 in gift cards, etc. A few gave 2 nights free and those were nice.

Our best one was 2 free nights at a Shell Vacations property in Napa Valley at either the Vino or Meritage. (that was back in 2008 or so). Shell Vacations have some not very nice properties but Napa Valley was quite nice. It was difficult to get availability but we found a Sunday/Monday nite combo in the fall season. Nothing in the summer and never where there was a Friday and/or Sat night in the dates.

Those two properties can go for over $400/night so that was great value. I think we also got a $100 gift card in addition but I am not 100% sure.

Of course, we didn't buy any timeshares. If we were so inclined, there are tons of resales on e-bay and elsewhere for "fire" sale prices.
chemist661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 12, 9:33 pm   #45

Programs: HHonnors Diamond
Quote:
Originally Posted by iexaltu View Post
I have to say that I agree that this is very low value. I recently did one of thse presentation but in exchange I got to stay on the property in a 1 bedroom suite for about $50 per night. In addition, I received 15K HH and a $100 credit redeemable at any US hotel.
What property and when did you sit in on the presentation? We did one in Scottsdale (starwood property). We received several vouchers for discounted golf (roughly 80% off the regular rate), bogo restaurant coupons for dinner every night (they had a few dozen places in and around Scottsdale to choose from), $100 gift card (amex good anywhere), 50% off vouchers for any starwood property (good for one year... I think they gave us four nights worth), and a stupid teddybear.

All in all, not bad for wasting one our of our life (the golf discounts were really the deciding factor for us, there was a decent group of friends that flew out together and the boys played golf every other day for a week straight) the concierge booked us preferred tee times and the savings were several hundred per person when it was all said and done... We played Kierland (not bad), TPC Scottsdale (dog trap, don't waste your time on that course) and the Phoenician (very nice).
gbearbuck is offline   Reply With Quote