Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Old Feb 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa
Rose Hall Road, Montego Bay, 00000, Jamaica
TEL: 1-876-953-2650 FAX: 1-876-684-0203

HHonors Reward Category: All-Inclusive Rewards

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.

Due to new tax structures in Jamaica the front desk will be collecting the tax of $4.00 at check in starting on September 1st 2012 per night per room.

Location: 7 miles east of Sangster International Airport (MBJ), ~$30 taxi ride. (~135 miles from Kingston's Norman Manley International, formerly Palisadoes - KIN).

Check-in: 4:00 pm / Check-out: 11:00 am
Smoking: Non-Smoking
Parking: Self parking: (complimentary); Valet: Not Available
Pets: Service animals allowed: No; Pets allowed: No

Ownership and operations since 2025: (link)

"Sagicor, which owns three Jewel Resorts in Jamaica, completed its acquisition of the Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa today. The resort will operate as Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa, and will be managed by Aimbridge Hospitality. Guests of the resort will continue to have access to Hilton benefits, including the ability to participate in the Hilton HHonors guest loyalty program. Meeting planners will continue to earn Hilton Event Planner Points by booking meetings at the resort."

updated 20 May 2016 by JDiver.

Print Wikipost

Hilton Rose Hall Resort & Spa {JAM}

Old Feb 12, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
E mail address for Rose Hall Jamaica

would anyone be able to post or send me a direct mail address for the Rose Hall (Jam). I've sent a fax - no response - we are getting close to (7 days) with a major question regarding rooms to be answered. Thank you.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 8:50 am

Programs: 10 MM + 2013, AA EXP,Lifetime AC ,Crown Room, Red Carpet,USAIR CLUB ,Hertz Plat, Hilton Dia, GS +++
A few questions

First AI we've stayed at.

Several small children - easy to find snacks or byo?

Cabana - easy to book once there?

a contact e mail request - please if anyone has one....

thank you

David
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: PC Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Gold, DL Gold
Additional Costs for Children?

Does anyone have recent experience regarding the posted additional charges for children 6 and over while staying on a Reward night? We are hoping to visit this property next winter using points, but are a bit deterred by the message on the website indicating an additional $75 per child over the age of 6. Our kids eat like birds and would not get anywhere near that type of value out of the extra $150 we would pay, and it makes the Reward night bookings that much less valuable if you have to kick in that type of extra money. Any additional information anyone can provide regarding this new policy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Feb 21, 2016, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
Originally Posted by Cannonball Run
First AI we've stayed at.

Several small children - easy to find snacks or byo?

Cabana - easy to book once there?

a contact e mail request - please if anyone has one....

thank you

David
Hello,
Just saw your post..
I was able to contact them via email [email protected]
But they are not so good with answering emails...

We were there in January, and were very happy with the place! It is the place to go with kids, lots of fun for them. Easy to get some snacks for the lunch from the pool restaurants. We did not rent a cabana, but they were half full most of the time, so not so popular (with that price...) I remeber it was more than 100 USD / day for 2 person cabana. But, that was including the pool concierge service with drinks and also lunch was served to the cabana. Gold/diamond members will get small discount of the cabana rent.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 12:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by PointerBrother
Does anyone have recent experience regarding the posted additional charges for children 6 and over while staying on a Reward night? We are hoping to visit this property next winter using points, but are a bit deterred by the message on the website indicating an additional $75 per child over the age of 6. Our kids eat like birds and would not get anywhere near that type of value out of the extra $150 we would pay, and it makes the Reward night bookings that much less valuable if you have to kick in that type of extra money. Any additional information anyone can provide regarding this new policy would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I was told last year that all points reservations would not incur extra charges for kids - but apparently this is no longer true. I had a reservation made last October that I changed to points and good thing I had a note that it was grandfathered in. But to your question - it seems they are serious about charging the fee and I agree, with a 6 year old an extra $75 a day isn't that appealing.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 5:16 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
Originally Posted by moobearus
Any and all thumbs up are appreciated!

8 nights at the Hilton Rose Hall for 60,000 per night or 480,000 for all 8 nights.
We flew American Airlines from ORD for 65,000 and $106 each direct non stop!
We did pay $25 each way for an extra bag.

We stayed Dec. 24 to Jan 1. It was a great trip and they do Christmas very well! The nightly entertainment is some of the best in the Caribbean.

Thank you!
It looks like you and the family had a really good time, and really happy for you!

I took the family (kids now grown and out of the house), there a couple years ago. Only stayed 4 nights but booked 3 rooms also on points for all. We too had a really enjoyable stay there.

It is a good use of points we acquire on stays such as these IMO.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: UA, HH
I am wondering about kids' fee for reward reservation as well. $525 for 7 nights for a 7 year old seems too much.

On the other hand, it looks like if I change the reservation from 2 adults + 2 kids (1 under 6) to 3 adults and 1 kid - it increases the price by only 20,000 point, or I can even go from Ocean View 2+2 to partial ocean view 3+1 for 10,000 extra points and hope for an upgrade (being Plat). Maybe that's the way to go, after all.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:29 am

I can say with certainty that this kid surcharge just kept me from booking a one week stay at this hotel.

The just sent me a very nice email offer for $99/nt (pp) which I would have jumped on. But with 2 kids, that tacks on another $150 per night.

I appreciate that its all inclusive - but $150 extra per day for two young kids? My kids barely ate anything there except cereal and chicken fingers.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:05 pm

So is it correct that if I book a room with all points or Points + Cash, it'll cover F&B for two adults, but any additional adult or children will incur charges? Or do they charge those $99 for the first two adults as well? The wording is a little confusing b/c they just state as the following without mentioning the first two adults are covered.

This is an All-Inclusive Resort. Children under 5 stay and eat free, ages 6-14 will be an additional $75/night, and age 15 and older will be charged an adult rate. Please ensure children 15 and older are registered as adults, otherwise $99 USD per night, per child will be added to your account at check-in. May 1 to 20, and June 1 to 19, 2016 child charges will be waived.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by parioneti
So is it correct that if I book a room with all points or Points + Cash, it'll cover F&B for two adults, but any additional adult or children will incur charges? Or do they charge those $99 for the first two adults as well? The wording is a little confusing b/c they just state as the following without mentioning the first two adults are covered.
I think the key is to correctly specify number of people in the room, since it's make a difference - using just points each extra adult is about 20,000 ppn, still beats $99 or $75 extra.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Artemk
I think the key is to correctly specify number of people in the room, since it's make a difference - using just points each extra adult is about 20,000 ppn, still beats $99 or $75 extra.
This is not true all the time - it's truly variable. In close booking atm charges extra per person, but far out (try march/april 2017) still lets you do 4 adults in a room for 70k. That's what I'm doing to avoid problems.
Old May 9, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Heading to Rose Hall in July with two teens in tow. Two quick questions:

Getting from the airport (Montego Bay) to the resort, the best way is taxi, shuttle or limo? Trying to save some $s so that is a factor.

One of my kids will be turning 18 just before we depart, will there be an issue with giving her an adult wrist band prior to her birthday? She wants to have a legal pina colata.
Old May 13, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA Executive Platinum, National Executive Elite, Avis First
Getting from the airport (Montego Bay) to the resort, the best way is taxi, shuttle or limo? Trying to save some $s so that is a factor.
My experience was the money savings was not worth the time and stress of using a shuttle. I want to say we waited over an hour before the charter bus departed the airport. On the day of departure the shuttle was running extremely late, and I was very concerned we would miss our flight (the last one of the day).

From my previous post:
To get from the airport to the resort we stopped at Jamaica Tours but they were booked up. They referred us to Tourwise. Tourwise had us sit on a charter bus for about an hour while they tried to round up additional customers, which was a little annoying. For some reason they did not pick us up form the hotel and the scheduled time on our departure day. We ended up having to call them a few times and they were about 45 minutes late picking us up. We made it to our flight in ample time, but it still caused some undue stress. The cost of transportation was $25 per person round trip. A taxi was $35.00 for up to 4 people. Doing it again, I'd just pay the extra $20 for a taxi.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:37 pm

Spoke with Hilton customer service about extra charges for 7-year old - was told that $75/night does not apply to award reservations (I did specify 2 adults and 2 kids when placing the reservation).

Going in July, will report once we are back.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Artemk
Spoke with Hilton customer service about extra charges for 7-year old - was told that $75/night does not apply to award reservations (I did specify 2 adults and 2 kids when placing the reservation).

Going in July, will report once we are back.
Thanks for that info. Will be very interested to know the outcome. We really like this resort, but the kid surcharge makes the cost pretty unattractive considering the other options in the area. And paying the kid surcharge on top of using points just grinds my gears.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.