Search

Gold benefits for ?2 rooms

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2009, 5:19 am
kpc
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Gold benefits for ?2 rooms

Despite a search, and looking at the sticky at the top of this page, couldn't find the answer. If I book 2 rooms, would I get Gold VIP benefits (eg Executive floor upgrade) for each room? I suspect this is a YMMV situation...
Old Dec 9, 2009, 6:15 am
cjd

Originally Posted by kpc
Despite a search, and looking at the sticky at the top of this page, couldn't find the answer. If I book 2 rooms, would I get Gold VIP benefits (eg Executive floor upgrade) for each room? I suspect this is a YMMV situation...
You're correct - it depends on the individual hotel and how strict they are on adhering to the rules. I've booked 2 rooms quite a few times and as Diamond, we've always been given the benefits for all 4 people from the 2 rooms. However the rules state that it's only the member and one guest entitled to the benefits.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
2 months ago I booked 2 rooms as Gold at Hiltons in Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and BKK. Both rooms were upgraded to executive floor, incl. lounge access - although at Millenium Hilton, BKK I had to beg for the second room to be upgraded.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 10:56 am

Programs: HH diamond
YMMV. The T&C benefits for the Gold/Diamond member & a guest. When I asked the DD, they confirmed this. I called a couple of times and got the same answer. However, at the hotel, they upgraded both of my rooms (Diamond member) without asking and gave all 4 of us full breakfast and EL access.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 2:58 pm
kpc
Original Poster

Thanks for all your helpful replies.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
2 months ago I booked 2 rooms as Gold at Hiltons in Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and BKK. Both rooms were upgraded to executive floor, incl. lounge access - although at Millenium Hilton, BKK I had to beg for the second room to be upgraded.
By coincidence, I am planning to book 2 rooms at Hilton Kuala Lumpur^
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You should look forward to Hilton KL. Amazing rooms and Exec. lounge. The food and service in the lounge is just great.

We did not receive 2 rooms on same floor - apparently executive floors were full. One room was on a non-executive floor but I was told that the guests could nevertheless use the lounge - their room keys gave access to the top executive floor where the lounge is. The rooms were identical so (except for the view) it does not matter if the 2nd room is not on a executive floor as long as the guests get lounge access.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am a diamond and have booked two rooms a number of times at different hotels in the past year and every time the guests in the second room were granted exec lounge assess and occasionally were given rooms on the exec level.

MisterNice
Old Aug 29, 2010, 12:48 am
kpc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Hilton KL denied the upgrade to the second room last month
Old Aug 29, 2010, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Migros Cumulus Platinum Hero
Originally Posted by kpc
Good so. I wish that more hotels would do so ^
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Zurich Flyer
Good so. I wish that more hotels would do so ^

I wish the opposite. When I travel with my family(once or twice per year) I like that the 4 of us get EL access.
I do not like very crowded Executive Lounges or children running/monopolizing the workstations, but with well behaved kids, I have no problem with it.
90/95% of the time I travel solo.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Points may be earned for two rooms, but benefits go the the elite member (including room upgrades for Gold and Diamond), not all rooms booked for his entourage.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:24 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
we always got both rooms upgraded
Old Aug 29, 2010, 5:30 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by cln
we always got both rooms upgraded
+1

This is also my experience.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
As a diamond I have had both rooms recognized at some hotels and only one room recognized at others. It really is a YMMV.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by kpc
When you say they denied the upgrade, you mean they denied the occupants of your other room entry to the EL? Cause as far as rooms are concerned, the executive floor's rooms are identical to the other floors, it's just the extended benefits that differs.

Also, if you book any of the suites, you will not be on an executive floor per my experience the 10 times or so I've stayed at Hilton KL this year. As a Diamond though, I've always been given the published benefits plus more, regardless of which floor I'm given the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.