Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove {US-CA}

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove {US-CA}

Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:28 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove {US-CA}

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Elk Grove
9241 Laguna Springs Drive, Elk Grove, California, USA 95758
Tel: +1-916-691-1900 Fax: +1-916-691-1945
Josephine Forino, General Manager

AAA Hotel Diamond Rating: <> <> <>
Hilton HHonors Reward Category : 3 (25,000 points per night)

This hotel is approximately 20 miles / 32 km south of Sacramento - approached off of Highway 99 taking Laguna Blvd. west, Laguna Springs Drive south (next light) and taking the first indented turn left into the lot. From I-5, south of Sacramento, travel east on Laguna six miles to the south turn onto Laguna Springs immediately prior to highway 99. Laguna Gateway Shopping Center is nearby, with shopping and restaurants easily at hand (or foot.)

Reception was fine, with a warm greeting and chocolate cookies for those wanting them. I took my courtesy bottles of water (Dasani) and breakfast chits, and they did request identification and the credit card (many HGIs do not do this with the card on file with HHonors.) The property impression is it seems well kept and clean; I am staying on a $122 senior rate, on days this and next week.

Rooms are on four floors. Rooms x17 and x19 face the elevator, x22 backs on the elevator banks. Room numeration is from x01 to x36 (at either end,) odd numbered facing highway 99 and avoidable, even facing the parking lot and less noisy. I was in the even mid-420s, not close to the elevator, but not "far" as is my request, either; I do prefer the top floor to evade the "clump, clump" of folks on a floor above me, and 4th is it here.

The usual HGI, 116 King or 2 Queen bed rooms with desk and Herman Miller ergonomic chair, overstuffed arm chair and ottoman, microwave, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and board (in the closet, with a luggage jack and wall-bracketed emergency torch / flashlight.) There are the usual two phones each with 2 phone lines, data port and voicemail, complimentary HSIA with Ethernet (connection not working tonight in my 4th floor room) and not very high-speed wireless internet access. There is a 32'' flat screen TV with Lodgenet, the usual Hilton (Timex) electronic clock radio, a chest of drawers. Lighting is adequate, HVAC is with wall thermostat and window-mounted unit. (The duvet is beginning to show clumping, something I am observing in other properties using the synthetic down batting without box stitching to prevent the clumping, which results in hot and cold spots throughout.)

The wallpaper is in a slightly odd textured, gold checkerboard pattern and beige checker pattern carpet. The bathroom sports the usual HGI amenities, hansgrohe massage shower head in a showertub with curved curtainrod, hair dryer, etc.

Restaurant (usual "Great American Grill" here) hours are
Breakfast: 6:00 - 10:00 weekdays, 6:00 - 11:00 weekends
No lunch is served
Dinner: 5:00 - 10:00 / 1700 - 2200 daily.

The Lobby Bar is open dinner hours; room service also available the same period. The lobby "Pavilion Pantry" is open 24 hours.

Fitness Center is open 5:00 AM / 0500 to 10 PM / 2200, as is the outdoor pool. The Business Center is open for use 24 hours and has the usual two computers, printing (using PrinterOn to print from the room) and copy machine. Both Fitness and Business locations are accessible with one's room card. All in all the familiar HGI, fairly recently built.

Breakfast in the smallish American Grill is typical HGI - two kinds of melon and pineapple (mercifully, all ripe,) orange juice, a selection of yoghurts, cereals and breads, oatmeal, French toast, waffles, omelets / eggs your way, fair coffee. $10.95 if you buy it.

As steveg2112 says below, clean and comfortable HGI property, useful if on the road or your clients are nearby.

Welcome to FlyerTalk, steveg! Thanks for the hint - I may check it out next week when I stay here again.

12 Dec 2009: Last night, the keys to 427 failed to work - with three different sets of keys - and the envelope they gave me was for 308. I ultimately stayed in 412 (two Queen non-smoking.) The dining room was off to a bit slow and jerky start at 6:10 for breakfast - better to come down 6:30 or after. Other than that, it was still acceptable and a decent stay.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 12, 2009 at 6:02 pm Reason: add bits / update
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:39 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive Elite
I have stayed there several times and have no complaints, clean and comfortable as are most HGI properties. BJ's restaurant across the parking lot is a great place for dinner

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.