Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

hilton ad in American Way magazine

Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA AA MR HH B6

it says "Hilton continues to build its history as a prioneer in the industry"...blah blah blah

what the hell is a prioneer? or do they not have people in Hilton who know how to spell simple words on a one page ad in an airline magazine?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Generally, the ads would be done by ad agencies. However, it would be a joint responsibility between Hilton marketing and the ad agency to actually proofread the ad. Sadly, many educated people can't spell these days.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by closetasfan
it says "Hilton continues to build its history as a prioneer in the industry"...blah blah blah

what the hell is a prioneer? or do they not have people in Hilton who know how to spell simple words on a one page ad in an airline magazine?
Its obviously a misspelling but if spelled correctly it means many of the Hilton hotels are old and outdated.

MisterNice
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:26 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Maybe they outsourced their marketing to China? I'm seeing more and more print mistakes and wondering if the marketing folks are even English speaking.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Churnman
Maybe they outsourced their marketing to China? I'm seeing more and more print mistakes and wondering if the marketing folks are even English speaking.
Easily verified by a cursory reading of the HH T&C.

MisterNice
Old Sep 18, 2009, 2:22 pm

It just means that Hilton is an infectious protein most popularly known for causing Mad Cow.

Last edited by Hhonor Gguard; Sep 19, 2009 at 4:01 am
Old Sep 18, 2009, 10:02 pm

prioneer: definition

n. a melding of "pioneer" for starting innovative programs like Senior HHonors and "renig" for what they did by pulling the plug several years into the program.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:52 pm

I wonder if they have also caught the mistake.

Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:39 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

There has been incorrect spelling for years on Hilton.com
Including spelling Hilton wrong
In one such partner offering it read Hiton

so what is a prioneer? part prisoner?
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
It just means that Hilton is an infectious protein most popularly known for causing Mad Cow.
C'mon, anyone?!

Tough crowd...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Hhonor Gguard
C'mon, anyone?!

Tough crowd...
i get it. cute. but not funny enough to draw a comment from me unless you're begging for one.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:55 pm

::taps nose::

Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
As HG suggests, and was my first thought at reading the OP, perhaps the first people diagnosed with mad cow disease / VCJD were staying or eating at Hilton properties? (Or, perhaps it was the American Way editors who let the error go unnoticed?)

Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Reflects the pitiful marketing which is Hilton's hallmark.

And in many cases, a sad sorry product that is a relic of a bygone age.

We've all stayed in Hilton properties that were pioneers in the 1970s--and could use a facelift as a starting point....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.