Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Glich causes 2500 that Honors is taking back.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Silver-finally, HH Gold, GP, and a host of others

Did anyone else get this email. I know I did not earn them through a stay but it seems kind of petty to take back the points.

Due to a technical issue, 2,500 bonus points were inadvertently added to your account. This error is in the process of being corrected. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you should have any questions please call HHonors Customer Service at 1-800-446-6677. You may review your account summary by clicking here.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (PLT :(, 2MM), HHonors (Silver), Hertz (5 Star), Marriott (Silver)
not me
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:38 pm

I got the same email today. I noticed I got two 2500 point bonuses for one of my first four stays from the HH Amex. I had to contact HH because I never got credit for the stay. I played email tag for 2 weeks and finally had to fax the folio to them to prove I stayed there. I figured the extra 2500 point bonus was for my troubles there.

I understand that I never earned those points, but it does seem rather petty to take them back 3 months later. It's not like they mistakenly gave me 25,000 points.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 5:56 pm

Programs: Delta-Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Starwood-Platinum;
Got the e mail also. I looked at my account and realized they gave me a duplicate bonus point in April. I didn't even notice it.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I got the email also,but do not see any extra points posted in my account.Has anyone actually seen them removed yet?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Got same email, called CSR and they couldn't figure it out, said it was in error. Awhile back though I did get 2,500 point bonuses for 2 of my first 4 stays (have only stayed twice so far) after I signed up for the Hilton Amex, but I paid for the stays with my Corporate Amex (which is not Hilton). Thought maybe that was it. Guess we'll see.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 5:21 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by freeflyin
I got the email also,but do not see any extra points posted in my account.
It is funny Hilton is sending us an error e-mail about the error they made.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

No e-mail for me, but then I don't have any duplicate bonus either.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by freeflyin
I got the email also,but do not see any extra points posted in my account.Has anyone actually seen them removed yet?
2500 points deducted today
Old Jun 27, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: IC PLat Elite
ya i got my 2500 removed..shoot lol
Old Jun 27, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with HH CS regarding this. I had valid postings removed and noticed others that should have posted that never did.

They opened cases,but frankly,the CSR had no idea what the Amex bonus was to begin with,so I'm not sure this will go anywhere.

I am also going to contact Amex and see if they can send the corrections over to HH.

I never had any post originally that were duplicates or not earned,but somehow my account is being swept up in this situation.

Has anyone else had points removed that were valid?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 1:09 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Hilton took back 10,000 points instead of 2500

Just checked my account and saw that Hilton removed 3 valid 1st 4 stay bonuses along with the one which was a mistake... Emailed Hhonors to try to get them readded.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 1:50 pm

I had 2500 points removed today too. I noticed that I had received two of the first 4 stay bonuses for one of my stays. I really thought it was a compensation for all the hassle they gave me in giving me credit for the stay. I booked online and paid with my HH Amex, yet they had no record of the stay until I faxed them the folio.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, DL MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
For those of you who had the bonuses removed: Were there negative line items in the account detail, or were the positive line items that were formerly there just deleted without a trace?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 3:18 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by SJC1K
For those of you who had the bonuses removed: Were there negative line items in the account detail, or were the positive line items that were formerly there just deleted without a trace?
deleted without a trace

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.