Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Visa Signature Reservations 25% Discount on Hotel Rooms — Hilton Brand Only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Haven't seen this in Hotel Buzz and may not be the proper place.

Currently you can book SOME Hiltons and using the Hilton Signature Visa Card, you get 25% off the booking.

Found it in "My Way Specials" Here is the Link.

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/CRM/de...SP&POFFER=2421

Checked San Juan PR for July 4th Weekend and the Hilton Caribe came up at $114/night. Pretty decent for a Holiday weekend.

Sorry. forgot. May 1 to Sept 30.

Lots of regulations tho. Resort Fees are not included. Some locales may have blackouts or minimum stays.

But seems like a decent enough deal. Hey, 25% is still 25%
Old May 11, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mapsmith
... using the Hilton Signature Visa Card, you get 25% off the booking.
I believe it's *any* Visa signature card, and that includes the Chase United Signature. I was able to enter the reservation portal using the number on my Chase United Card, though I did not complete the reservation because the discount only applied to the "lesser" Hilton (further from center) in Dublin.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:05 am
une

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Nice promotion if you can find a hotel that participates in it in your area of interest.
I have two reservations coming up in June and none of the hotels participated in the promo.
Old May 11, 2009, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Thanks for posting OP. I managed to get a very nice rate at the ORD Hilton for September!
Old May 12, 2009, 5:22 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
I checked some Hiltons in Hawaii, the 25% off rate was a couple of bucks HIGHER than the AAA rate. So much for 25% off BAR.
Old May 12, 2009, 6:46 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Originally Posted by hbyerly
...because the discount only applied to the "lesser" Hilton (further from center) in Dublin.
That's the nicer property, BTW.

What defines a "signature" card - is this a US concept?
Old May 12, 2009, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
That's the nicer property, BTW.

What defines a "signature" card - is this a US concept?
http://usa.visa.com/personal/visa-signature/index.jsp

mapsmith: Thanks for the link. Chicago Drake Hotel can be had in early June under $120. Amazing.

Last edited by toomanybooks; May 12, 2009 at 8:29 am
Old May 12, 2009, 9:51 am

Offer is valid for Visa Infinite and Visa Signature cardholders globally. Offer is valid for Visa Platinum cardholders residing in Latin America, the Caribbean, South Africa, and Asia Pacific.
I tried the offer with an US Visa Signature (yielding an excellent rate), while a US Visa Platinum and a Swiss Visa Gold didn't make the cut. The rate (PR24VC, not on the triple miles blacklist) appears to be somewhere between prepaid and flex, with an unspecified cancellation fee if not cancelled 3 days prior to arrival.

I must say I'm a bit ticked off that there is never any such offer for the more heavily promoted Amex Hilton card.
Old May 12, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Visa Signature cards are getting some nice perks like this one. You can also get 2 for 1 through Fandango (go to FatWallet if you want the deal). As a note, some cards that are not marked Visa Signature still are accepted -- for example my Chase United Visa doesn't say signature anywhere on it but it works for both of these promotions. So try a few different Visas.

Also, I think that if you can find (google or friend) a Visa signature card and book the rate, its probable you can pay with any card once the rate is set. Of course, they may have found a way to limit what card you book with, and to limit any changes to the reservation, and to limit just changing the card when you checkin....
Old May 12, 2009, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pitflyer

Also, I think that if you can find (google or friend) a Visa signature card and book the rate, its probable you can pay with any card once the rate is set. Of course, they may have found a way to limit what card you book with, and to limit any changes to the reservation, and to limit just changing the card when you checkin....
It would be awesome to book with the Visa and pay with the Surpass card (9 HH points per dollar).
Old May 12, 2009, 11:47 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Upon research I have found that this discount matches advance purchase non-refundable rates at some Hilton HHonors properties, but allows cancellation of a reservation up to three days in advance with no penalty.

That in and of itself is worth something.
Old May 12, 2009, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
It would be awesome to book with the Visa and pay with the Surpass card (9 HH points per dollar).
That is what I did at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. I didn't do it on purpose, when I checked in, gave the AMEX card by mistake. Realized it later, asked what the rate was at front desk, and was given the Visa 25% off rate of $89.25 for a weekend. YMMV.
Old May 12, 2009, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by tinnub
That is what I did at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. I didn't do it on purpose, when I checked in, gave the AMEX card by mistake. Realized it later, asked what the rate was at front desk, and was given the Visa 25% off rate of $89.25 for a weekend. YMMV.
I was wondering whether that would work (on purpose). Once Hilton gives you the rate, I figure the hotel will just ask you to pay that amount and not check to see that you are actually paying a VISA Signature card. Of course, you risk getting a bill later for the extra 25%.
Old May 12, 2009, 6:14 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Well, this rate just saved me money on a room at the Hilton Petaling Jaya hotel later this month.
Old May 13, 2009, 6:14 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Works on the Hilton Brussels City but I'm thinking the Spring deal is actually better, although it costs more.

Spring deal is 89 euros/night but includes breakfast; 25% deal off is 74.50 euros per night but without breakfast. I can get a continental breakfast outside the hotel for perhaps 10 euros or so...saving me 4.5 euros/night. Or I can take the Spring deal and get a much better breakfast for the extra 4.5 euros. Easy decision, methinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.