Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Old Feb 28, 2024, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by ARLT
Is it still possible to book for 4 guests (2 adults + 2 kids)? I see a few reviews in the past for 4 guests, but the website now says "Rooms here can't hold 4 guests. Update guests/rooms to search again."
Did you ever get an answer to this? I have 2 kids under 4 years old and am interested. I've generally found when emailing hotels recently its about 50/50 whether the hotel cares or not.
Old Today, 2:41 am

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
Just completed a recent 5n points stay as Diamond. A lot of things here are wonderful and make this trip an annual highlight.

But compared to my stay last year, the food and beverage prices have rocketed 50-100% higher with no discernible difference in quality of volume. I can appreciate inflation etc but not on this scale. The prices are now so overpriced (think Maldives/Bora Bora prices) that the dining experience is compromised. They’ve also gone cheap on the TV channels; there used to be a good selection, but now there’s barely anything, and what is there seems to just be on repeat. It seems that the Owner (and/or the GM) has decided to maximise profits over customer satisfaction here.

I have some good news for everyone though - Marco is returning to CKS as GM next month! That might explain the current GM’s desire to max out financial targets before departing.
the810 and PlaneSpeaking like this.
Old Today, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Just completed a recent 5n points stay as Diamond. A lot of things here are wonderful and make this trip an annual highlight.

But compared to my stay last year, the food and beverage prices have rocketed 50-100% higher with no discernible difference in quality of volume. I can appreciate inflation etc but not on this scale. The prices are now so overpriced (think Maldives/Bora Bora prices) that the dining experience is compromised. Theyve also gone cheap on the TV channels; there used to be a good selection, but now theres barely anything, and what is there seems to just be on repeat. It seems that the Owner (and/or the GM) has decided to maximise profits over customer satisfaction here.

I have some good news for everyone though - Marco is returning to CKS as GM next month! That might explain the current GMs desire to max out financial targets before departing.
Thanks for this. We have been considering a stay for next March but we were concerned about some of the reports. However, if Marco is returning, thats all we need to know - he is superb and is the reason we fell in love with CKS the first time we stayed (but less so since he left).
Old Today, 5:40 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
100% agree - - I was just about to reconsider a return in light of the most recent reviews, but the Marco news is encouraging! Thanks Gold_Member.
PlaneSpeaking likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.