Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Koh Samui {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I just booked 2 nights using my Aspire certs, and then 5 nights using points in June 2021. The points were 95K each for 4 nights, and then the 5th night free. I've never been to Thailand, and I am coming for about a month and going to Koh Samui, Koh Tao, and Koh Phangan. I have 4 nights at the Cape Fahn hotel before this. I'm flying first class on Cathay and staying 4 nights in Hong Kong on the way, and hopefully flying home on Etihad in the Apartment. I am so excited I can barely wait!
myeurocrush likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 5:48 am

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
It looks like the hotel introduced a new room category called “Premium Ocean View”. At the same time they actually divided the lowest category into two separate categories and can thus limit the availability for points redemptions booking into a subcategory of the previous “1-Bedroom Tropical Island Pool Villa”. Essentially, they “upgraded” the better ocean views rooms to “Premium ocean” and the rooms on level one are now split into 2 categories. Only the least desirable ones are now available on awards. They might only have 1 or 2 of these which essentially allows them to limit further the award bookings. It’s a shame that they have gone down that path...

Last edited by Sydfly; Jul 25, 2020 at 6:00 am Reason: Corrected finding
Old Jul 30, 2020, 10:51 am

Thanks for the info. Added to the wiki. Let's hope they are still as generous as before when upgrading Golds and Diamonds.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:46 pm

Wow-if I end up with a partial ocean view for my trip of a lifetime, I am going to be really bummed! I wiped out my Hilton point account for this trip, and I will totally crushed for my big first Asia trip to be demoted. I am traveling alone, so I certainly don't need two bedrooms, but I have been dreaming of a pool villa for many, many years! I am a Diamond (although only because of my Aspire card)-it would be impossible otherwise as I still work full time. I've been to the Conrad Hong Kong and the Conrad Algarve. I was supposed to go stay 5 nights this October at the Algarve, but the US messed up COVID so badly Portugal has banned us. I live in MA, where we got hit hard early, but persevered and took measured, and are doing well now. Any advice about what to do? Email the manager ahead of time? I can't upgrade to another room-I am staying in Thailand for a month, and it isn't financially possible.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: Airlines - Only in the pointy end on points, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Runner123
Wow-if I end up with a partial ocean view for my trip of a lifetime, I am going to be really bummed! I wiped out my Hilton point account for this trip, and I will totally crushed for my big first Asia trip to be demoted. I am traveling alone, so I certainly don't need two bedrooms, but I have been dreaming of a pool villa for many, many years! I am a Diamond (although only because of my Aspire card)-it would be impossible otherwise as I still work full time. I've been to the Conrad Hong Kong and the Conrad Algarve. I was supposed to go stay 5 nights this October at the Algarve, but the US messed up COVID so badly Portugal has banned us. I live in MA, where we got hit hard early, but persevered and took measured, and are doing well now. Any advice about what to do? Email the manager ahead of time? I can't upgrade to another room-I am staying in Thailand for a month, and it isn't financially possible.
Just email the hotel with your preferred room numbers.

We have a 100% success rate here doing that (as a Diamond).
Old Aug 1, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor

Last edited by NotTellYou; Aug 3, 2020 at 9:21 am
Old Aug 8, 2020, 7:13 pm

Hi All. I booked 2 standard rooms using points and free night certs for my family: 2 adults and 2 teenagers for next Summer. I would prefer to have a 2br suite instead of 2 separate standard rooms.
Has anyone tried to ask the hotel to trade 2 standard rooms (+ small fee if needed) for a 2BR suite? Comparing cash prices, a 2BR suite costs less than 2 standard rooms, so I am hoping this is doable. Thanks.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 6:30 pm

SPONSORSFC, I will make sure to do that. I also thought ahead and authorized my $250resort credit for this year to the Conrad for next year, so when I go, I will actually have $500 between 2000 and 2021.
SponsorSFC likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by asdfghjk
Hi All. I booked 2 standard rooms using points and free night certs for my family: 2 adults and 2 teenagers for next Summer. I would prefer to have a 2br suite instead of 2 separate standard rooms.
Has anyone tried to ask the hotel to trade 2 standard rooms (+ small fee if needed) for a 2BR suite? Comparing cash prices, a 2BR suite costs less than 2 standard rooms, so I am hoping this is doable. Thanks.
I don't know about trading the 2 one bedrooms for a 2 bedroom to avoid laying out any cash but I have found the per night cash upgrade fee from a standard suite (bottom rung 1 bedroom) to a 2 bedroom to be reasonable -- on the order of $250 a night; perhaps even less than you value the points/certs for the second room. Plus, these days maybe they'd prefer cash over points redemption (no clue how the revenue on points redemption actually gets recognized the property) and be more willing to work with you.

Just e-mail reservations and ask - they're very responsive.
asdfghjk likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 6:04 am

Hi all, I am currently booked in CKS for 12 to 18 December 2020 but just from reading the news, it seems unlikely that Thailand will be opening up to foreign tourists this year. What do you guys think? Should I cancel and switch to Maldives instead, or try to hold on to the reservation for a few more months and hope that Thailand opens up?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Old Aug 14, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by atacris
Hi all, I am currently booked in CKS for 12 to 18 December 2020 but just from reading the news, it seems unlikely that Thailand will be opening up to foreign tourists this year. What do you guys think? Should I cancel and switch to Maldives instead, or try to hold on to the reservation for a few more months and hope that Thailand opens up?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!
Our opinions are worth about what they cost you. IMO, yep it's probably closed to tourism until 2021. We still have a trip booked for November that we haven't canceled, but seems extremely unlikely to happen. You probably read an article similar to this one? https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/n...huns-travllers
atacris likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2020, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by tylerdurden4543
I don't know about trading the 2 one bedrooms for a 2 bedroom to avoid laying out any cash but I have found the per night cash upgrade fee from a standard suite (bottom rung 1 bedroom) to a 2 bedroom to be reasonable -- on the order of $250 a night; perhaps even less than you value the points/certs for the second room. Plus, these days maybe they'd prefer cash over points redemption (no clue how the revenue on points redemption actually gets recognized the property) and be more willing to work with you.

Just e-mail reservations and ask - they're very responsive.
The $250 upgrade fee seems reasonable. I would pay $250 to save a free night cert. Is that for the same number of people? Since, the standard rooms only hold 3 max, they may charge extra for our family of 4 in a 2BR. Also, would they give free (Diamond) breakfast for all 4 of us if we stay in the same room? I will have to contact the hotel when the time comes. Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 9:54 am

time at airport to book flight

My flight into Bangkok lands at 10:55 am on Cathay and I am flying business class. I need to book a flight to fly to Koh Samui from the airport. I think the easiest option is to book it right from the international airport where I land. About how much time should I allow for the next flight? Two hours-three? Thanks for the expert advice. This is for May 30 if that figures into the equation. Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:35 pm

Thanks to this thread, I have already tentatively booked Mr. Samui for my transfer. He will getting more work as I am staying at three hotels prior to my arrival-the cheapo overnight for the day I arrive, the Cape Fahn hotel which I was lucky enough to book 4 nights on points, and a third hotel. So he will do transfers for these, and do a 2-3 hour tour in my pickup from the last hotel before arriving at the Conrad. Then I get to take the Ferry to Koh Tao for 2 hotels there, on to Koh Phangan for two more hotels, back to Koh Samui for the night, one night at the Bangkok Novotel Airport hotel, and then fly home through Hong Kong.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, AS MVP Gold
My flight into Bangkok lands at 10:55 am on Cathay and I am flying business class. I need to book a flight to fly to Koh Samui from the airport. I think the easiest option is to book it right from the international airport where I land. About how much time should I allow for the next flight? Two hours-three? Thanks for the expert advice. This is for May 30 if that figures into the equation. Thanks!
This sounds like a terrible idea to me, there are only so many flights a day to Koh Samui, and it's the only way to get there. Why not just book your flight to Koh Samui in advance and leave like a good buffer if you are on separate tickets. I would probably leave 3+ hours between, but I don't like stressing about making a connection and enjoy the airport lounge experience (pre-COVID).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.