I am not superstitious, but..

Old Jun 18, 2008, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, CO platinum, AA Gold
I am not superstitious, but..

I was staying in this one Embassy Suite on central MA, and at night the TV kept on coming on. I kept shutting it down but of course it was turned on again. This happened 6 or 7 times over the course of the night.

Anybody else had any similar experiences before?
Any logical explanations before I resort to getting a bible for pillow? :-)

The funny thing is, I checked out of that hotel, and into another, and the TV thing happened again, though only once this time.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 3:27 am

Programs: DL HH
you have something with you that is transmitting a signal much like a tv remote possibly?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:41 am

Programs: HH LifeTime Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt, AA, Delta
I have this same problem with a Panasonic at home. No other signals around. Stand-alone CBS constructed home. So what gives? Is it the cordless phone?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:43 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by MeLuvMiles
Any logical explanations before I resort to getting a bible for pillow? :-)
Kids in the hallway with a remote control?
Old Jun 19, 2008, 8:45 am
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

Probably some electrically-charged dust particles stuck between two contact points. Or, your TV was posessed by a poltergeist.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, CO platinum, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Probably some electrically-charged dust particles stuck between two contact points. Or, your TV was posessed by a poltergeist.
I prefer to hear more about the electrically-charged dust particles if someone can provide it. :-)
Old Jun 20, 2008, 7:52 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
My mother use to have something like that happen, every so often in the middle of the night the TV would come on.

She finailly had the repair guy come (who knew there was still a tv repair guy?)

He said it was his most common call for those TV's, they have an alarm and people somehow set them.

Multiple times though, not a clue. Maybe stray remote signals or something, but those don't usually go through walls.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.