Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Arrow Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina {US-FL}

Any reviews for this hotel yet? It appears to be an existing hotel taken over by Hilton.

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...,MyWay,Msg1634
Old Apr 6, 2008, 12:18 pm
Suspended

This the old Fort Lauderdale Marriott ( Marina??) decent location on the west side of the intercoastal ( especially if you like looking at multi $M yachts)

I hope Hilton spent some money fixing the place up since it was looking a bit dated when I last stayed there some 5 years ago.

As a cat 6 I would most definitely take the Fort Lauderdale Beach property over this place.

mike
Old May 4, 2008, 6:36 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MIKESILV
This the old Fort Lauderdale Marriott ( Marina??) decent location on the west side of the intercoastal ( especially if you like looking at multi $M yachts)

I hope Hilton spent some money fixing the place up since it was looking a bit dated when I last stayed there some 5 years ago.

As a cat 6 I would most definitely take the Fort Lauderdale Beach property over this place.

mike
No one has stayed here yet? Trip Advisor has some good reviews and some bad, but I would like to know about the HH perks.
Old May 4, 2008, 6:41 am

Programs: Hhonors Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum
I just called to see if they give breakfast to HH Diamond members, the clerk had to go check. I thought how can you not know that. Well the answer was no, also he said they did not have an executive lounge.
Old May 4, 2008, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The hotel is a 'franchise', owned by LXR Hotels and Resorts under the Hilton flag.

The showcase restaurant, the China Grill (related to the CGs in other parts of the country) received extravagent reviews in the local papers, in which the decor seemed to be stressed over the food.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:12 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
FLL Grande Hotel and Yacht Club--BEWARE

You may have received an e-mail about double base points at this property. I stayed there at the end of May. You should think twice before booking this property. I booked a rate that included a $75 food and beverage credit. It sounded good at the time but when I went into the restaurant and the lowest price was a $30 pasta meal I knew what I was really in for.

This hotel is not a Hilton property. They simply participate in HHonors. This fact is not advertised or publicized. The rooms are fine and it's certainly no dump, but there are some things that fail to meet up to what one comes to expect at a full-service Hilton property. It was explained to me that the restaurant is actually a leased entity attached to the hotel, that the hotel has no input over prices or menu. The only other dining options that are run by the hotel is the poolside grill or a limited menu of cold meals at the small indoor bar.

This hotel is on the Intercoastal Waterway, on the west side underneath the causeway. They advertise shuttle service to the beach but it is not available and you either have to walk up and over the causeway to the beach or take a taxi. If you want the beach there are several good options with other programs. If the beach is not important, there is an Embassy Suites less than half a mile away right on A1A. I was on a mileage run; the rate was about the same for this property and the Embassy. The $75 f&b credit was the deciding factor.

After my stay I voiced some concerns to the property and to HHonors. The response from the property was the excuse that the restaurant was leased out. The response from HHonors was that they were letting the property respond and had nothing else to say. Since this property is not even part of the Hilton family and is new to the HHonors program one would think that concerns should be investigated. Has customer service at HHonors dropped so low that they don't care about what we have to say anymore?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
It's interesting to read this text from the Ft. Lauderdale Grande website:

http://www.fortlauderdalegrande.com/...ton_family.cfm

LXR Resorts also owns the Hyatt Regency Pier 66, which sits on the other side of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Grande. I have made a couple of matress to the Hyatt property and they do fully participate in the Hyatt program, including bonuses and promotions (such as FFN).
Old Dec 28, 2008, 6:28 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Mini-review of FLL Grande...

First, for the answer on Gold breakfast (no, but other perks) in detail see post 28 on this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post10972901

Hotel is very stylish, modern decor. The tower room we were upgraded to is good sized with a nice balcony overlooking the waterway to the north. Nice king-size bed with lots of pillows. Shower, no tub. Reportedly very good Chinese-themed restaurant on the property which we will try tonight. Nice pool-side/dock-side bar ("G") which has light food options (sandwiches, ceviche, etc.) which made for a sufficient dinner when we arrived early yesterday evening. Since we booked this very shortly after it appeared on the Hilton site last January at $122/night (AARP rate that is not an option now when I look at next year), we are very satisfied (next november, the rate for this room is $379/nt unrestricted!). Sometimes the early bird does catch the worm!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium Marriott Platinum for life.
Originally Posted by Portolan
First, for the answer on Gold breakfast (no, but other perks) in detail see post 28 on this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...l#post10972901

Hotel is very stylish, modern decor. The tower room we were upgraded to is good sized with a nice balcony overlooking the waterway to the north. Nice king-size bed with lots of pillows. Shower, no tub. Reportedly very good Chinese-themed restaurant on the property which we will try tonight. Nice pool-side/dock-side bar ("G") which has light food options (sandwiches, ceviche, etc.) which made for a sufficient dinner when we arrived early yesterday evening. Since we booked this very shortly after it appeared on the Hilton site last January at $122/night (AARP rate that is not an option now when I look at next year), we are very satisfied (next november, the rate for this room is $379/nt unrestricted!). Sometimes the early bird does catch the worm!
I wonder what they do for diamonds?
Old Dec 29, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by CNWO4LIFE
I wonder what they do for diamonds?
I stayed there a few months ago (Diamond) and was given a goodie bag of amenities. The bag included a voucher for $10 (or so) off of a meal, a free drink at the bar, a bottle of water and a snack.

As someone pointed out, the hotel does not have a lounge and all the rooms (except suites) are the same. The only difference in room categories is the view. The hotel did make it a point to say I earned an upgrade as a Diamond, which resulted in a better view than my colleague (non-Diamond), who was booked on the same reservation.

Overall, the hotel is a very nice property for an HHonors guest. The room was modern, service was good and the positive treatment of Diamond members was there.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:01 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM
The Miami Herald reported today that this hotel is expected to turn into a Conrad property. No date was given.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by cmhua777
The Miami Herald reported today that this hotel is expected to turn into a Conrad property. No date was given.
Where did you figuring out more information from MH Newspaper? I haven't read it yet. When they will be takeover for replacement Hilton?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 6:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by N830MH
Where did you figuring out more information from MH Newspaper? I haven't read it yet. When they will be takeover for replacement Hilton?
http://www.miamiherald.com/business/story/850022.html

You are aware that Conrad is just another Hilton brand..... so really no "takeover" but just another rebranding within the company. Makes sense to have a W=A Collection hotel, a Conrad and a Hilton.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
So if it becomes a Conrad, will it then have to give HH Golds free breakfast, (which it refuses to do now, stating "we're affiliated with Hilton, but we're not a Hilton!) Also, will it then have to get rid of the surly desk clerk, who, when our final bill did not reflect any of the $150 resort credit we were owed on our recent four-night stay, adjusted our bill with a $75 credit, stating that it was all we were due. Fortunately, my printed reservation confirmation proved otherwise, and she then made the further adjustment without a word of apology. Don't know about you, but when I'm checking out of a hotel I don't have the time to deal with this nonsense. The rest of the staff was very pleasant and accommodating, but all it takes is one bad apple to leave a sour taste in my mouth.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I just booked two nights here for the Freddies dates - checking on the 22nd of April and out on the 24th.

Any other FTers going to be here with me? All of the Marriotts around town are very expensive and we don't want to spend two nights in an airport hotel just because the Freddies are there. This property appears to be the best overall value in any of the big three chains.

We are on a $119/nt. Spring Break rate which includes breakfast as part of the rate.

I will call ahead and confirm those Gold bennies...as long as the upgrade + bar credit is still true, that's good enough for us.

I haven't checked the Hilton Beach Resort with the Spring Break promo, but based on the BAR I'm guessing it will run about $160. Does anyone feel that is a better value overall? Either because it's a markedly better hotel or because they'll do something unusually nice for Golds?

Last edited by pinniped; Mar 4, 2009 at 1:55 pm Reason: Found better rates than the AAA rates I initially booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.