Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dominican Republic {DOM}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dominican Republic {DOM}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2003, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Arrow DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Dominican Republic {DOM}

In this month's issue of American Way, Hilton had an ad that it is adding Coral Resorts in the Dominican Republic to the family. Does anyone know if they will be part of HHonors?
Old Jan 27, 2003, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
See the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005832.html
Old Jan 28, 2003, 11:23 am

Fyi:
http://www.coralhotels.com/aaa/main/experience.htm

Old Jul 4, 2003, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
Coral Hiltons in the Dominican Rep...

Any oppinions on them... comapred to other all inclusives, elite benefits?... I may go for a vacation. Oppinions please.

Thanks,

Jacob
Old Jul 5, 2003, 8:40 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
read this thread?: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/005832.html

------------------
Visit FlyerTalk Dining http://flyertalk.com/diningfr.shtml
Old Jul 6, 2003, 5:48 am

I've stayed at the Coral Hamaca. My take on the Hamaca is I wouldn't go out of my way to go there for a vacation. It works well for me, because I stay there at the tail end of business trips. It is only 10 minutes from the airport in a little town called Boca Chica. It is not bad at all, big rooms, nice beach, plenty of included water sports. The food is not great (and I'm not picky). I would imagine the other hotels are of similar quality. Like I said, it works for me, but I haven't taken my family there yet. I just wouldn't commit a lot of resources to go there. However, the Dom Rep is great and I would higly recommend it as a vacation destination, and maybe a Coral in another location ie La Romana. Hope this was helpful. Rgds.

Bdodd444
Old Jul 6, 2003, 11:36 am

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
Thanks,

Gold VIP status and HHonors points aside, I think I'll stick with club med.
Old Sep 3, 2003, 11:04 am

AWARD Stay - Mexico vs CORAL Resorts

I would like to know if anyone has experienced the Coral Resorts by Hilton? Also, what are some thoughts on the point requirements for Coral vs other resort properties, like in Mexico? Any advise on the Mexico Hilton properties for best use of points?
Old Nov 9, 2003, 12:24 pm

Is 6 nites at Hilton Coral worth 270,000 points?

I was wondering if anyone thought a 6 night stay at the all-inclusive Hilton Coral was worth 270,000 points. I am comparing this to getting a 6 nite GLON for 150,000 or 175,000 for a premium location. That means that the food cost almost 100,000. In addition, I would use 15,000 points per child per night (2 children equals 180,000).
Is it worth the cost?
Old Nov 9, 2003, 2:43 pm

There are a lot of Coral hotels that Hilton bought last year. If you are referring to the Hamaca in Boca Chica, 270,000 sounds like an awful lot of points, especially when I paid about $80 a night for my own room with the all-inclusive package. That was in April. 2 co-workers just stayed there a couple weeks ago on a timeshare deal and said they had to pay $150/ea for the all-inclusive band which was for 7 days. I am sure the fees for the band could be wheeled/dealed there though.

I would see how much the Hilton website wants to charge for all of you, then check for packages anywhere, then compare both results with what you think the 270,000 points are worth.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 3:23 pm

Coral by HIlton

Has anybody stayed at any of the Coral by Hilton Resorts? Are they truly all inclusive? Are HHonors Points Rewarded?
Old Feb 13, 2004, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
Here is a trip report posted in the last two weeks.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/009794.html
Old Feb 10, 2005, 2:51 pm

Coral Hotels in Dom. Rep.

I never realized how much I relied on the search feature until it was taken away...

Anyway, I am thinking about planning a trip down to one of Hilton Coral Resorts. Has anyone been there? Are they any good? DO I get points? Any help would be apprecited. I am planning to go at the end of March, but was hoping to discuss the possibilities on Valentine's Day...
Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by LittleFlyer
I never realized how much I relied on the search feature until it was taken away...
I hear ya. BTW, there have been some recent threads on the subject so once the search feature working, look them up.

Anyway, I am thinking about planning a trip down to one of Hilton Coral Resorts. Has anyone been there? Are they any good? DO I get points? Any help would be apprecited. I am planning to go at the end of March, but was hoping to discuss the possibilities on Valentine's Day...
For HH points, it depends how you book a stay; direct through the hotel or online or toll-free for public rates will net you points while stays booked via a tour company whether land only or as part of a D.R. land + air package won't earn any points.

BTW, keep in mind the end of March is not only Easter but is when many elementary school kids out for a week dor Spring Break, at least up here in Canada.

I liked the Coral resorts I saw Dec. '03 both in POP & PUJ and have been wanting to head back to Coral Marien in POP one day soon. Good luck! ^
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:14 am

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Just saw a deal on Sherman's list for $500 a person RT to one of the Corals for 4 nights (air included). I really need to get away. Been stuck in the cold VA winter. My ? is....ok, I am willing to forego the points by booking it through the travel company.

1. Will I still get Mr. Maury treatment as a Diamond...anyone gone on the cheap deal and still had status recoginized?

2. Since it's all inclusive, can I charge something and still get stay credit? I am very cheap on an all inclusive and live at the bar and the buffet, but I guess I could call home...would that get me stay credit at least? My compnay got me a corporate apartment this year and I am not getting any stays right now, so I am struggling to keep status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.