Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Any Current Hilton Honors Promotions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 1999, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Are there any promos going on right now that are worth me changing my business from Starwood? I'm gold in both and would rather have the 7K bonus miles in Starwood for 3 stays unless any of you know of a better HHonors promo.

Thanks.

Carberry
Old Oct 27, 1999, 9:08 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
You have no incentive to change on that issue. The current Hilton promos are specifically open by invitation only. This "targeted marketing" is Hilton's choice, so I suppose it's also their choice not to include you.

I guess they want you to stay with Starwood.
Old Oct 28, 1999, 1:09 am
Original Member

David:

I think they want me to stay with starwood also, how else to explain their insistance on charging me by-the-minute for local and toll-free calls.
Old Oct 28, 1999, 8:15 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Hey Jeff,

Do you mean to say that these phone charges actually effect your decision as to which hotel to stay in?
Old Oct 28, 1999, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Another factor is that Hilton won't give you points on discounted rooms. Other hotels will give you points based on what you spend regardless of discount. And how about their puny 500 points for a resort stay???
Old Nov 2, 1999, 3:59 pm
Original Member

David:

You bet your sweet bippy they do.
Old Nov 2, 1999, 7:25 pm
Original Member

(I'm afraid I havent had my sweet bippy since around 1973)
Old Nov 23, 1999, 11:59 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Stay 3 nights get 4th night free

Got an email from Hilton today saying that if you stay 3 nights from Nov 18 - Feb 6 you will get the 4th night free, haven't read the details yet. You have to pay with MasterCard though.

I can also forward the email to anyone who didn't get it.

Information: www.hilton.com/mastercard
Plan Code: MC

Regards,
Empress
Old Nov 23, 1999, 1:46 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
This has been an ongoing promotion. I think that the catch is that not all rates qualify, so you may be better off paying a lower rate and paying for four nights (and getting credit for a four night stay vs a three night stay).
Old Nov 26, 1999, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Past promotion...anyone remember

It seems that earlier this fall whereby you could qualify for Gold status by staying a certain number of nights. Does anyone remember the details of this promo?
Old Nov 26, 1999, 8:33 pm

It was a 'targeted' promotion. But if you want to read about it...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000253.html
Old Apr 21, 2000, 5:32 pm
Original Member

Any Hilton promos?

I've stayed a few Hiltons so far but am I missing any promotions? How is the SLC Airport Hilton?

Thanks.
Old Apr 21, 2000, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA1MM, *G,HA Premier Club, Hyatt Disc, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTPlat, ClubCarlson Gold, IHG PlatAmb
sggolf,

Since when have you been staying at Hilton? If you stayed between Jan 1 - Mar 31 2000, make sure you got all your "Tails, You Win" promotion bonuses. As of now I haven't heard of any promos other than spend $2000 at a Hilton and get 2000 bonus points. Pricey. Also don't forget to reserve your room through their website for the extra 1000 points bonus per stay.
Old Apr 21, 2000, 9:34 pm

SLC Hilton is OK, nothing special. Stayed there little over a year ago for 3 nights.

As I remember, it needed work. It didn't impress me enough to stay there since .
Old Apr 22, 2000, 9:23 am
Original Member

Can you explain what the "Tails, you win" promotion was? And what the particulars were?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.