Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Old Feb 12, 2004, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors
Original Poster

Programs: some
Arrow Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Short Cuts: Fast Track, Instant, Challenges & Comps

Posts older than 2015 for this OPEN THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Hilton Honors Diamond VIP Status Shortcuts

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Dec 24, 2017 at 4:24 am
Old Jan 31, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: AA:EXP, GLD:A.Argen., Etihad; Turk SIL:UA, VS; HOT.GLD:ClubC, Loews, SPG; PL:Ritz, Hil, IHG, BtW., R
Since you mention the $95 annual fee Citibank Visa

Hhonors Reserve Card, if you charge $40,000 (however you can) to the account, your account will be upgraded to Diamond FOR AT LEAST ONE YEAR. I am not going to elaborate, because I don't want someone new here to call Citibank customer service, but believe me, it works. Then again, 40K is a LOT of spend. I did it when MS was MUCH easier (and not all that expensive) through Amex BB with Mom, Sis and I all helping. We did get a nice suite at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, but I had to negotiate it and fight like hell for it. It left a VERY bad taste in my mouth and I have yet to return to a Hilton (that was last March.)

Anyways, thought it an important benefit if you really want it and you don't want to spend 40 nights at about $100 MINIMUAL a night (and obviously it can run much more.)

Best!
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Have you considered getting a Hilton Citi Reserve Visa Signature credit card? Then you will be Gold. After the 21 eligible nights, you will be Diamond.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 3:52 am

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
Requested a Fast Track, and received an opportunity to achieve Diamond by having 10 stays in the next 90 days. I typically have long stays (1-2 weeks) and have qualified for Diamond many times on points or on nights, but never on stays. I called Hhonors and they were able to change the Fast Track to 21 nights in 90 days, which fits my travel patterns better. I expect to exceed this within 60 days, and will likely be up closer to 30 nights in 90 days.

On the phone, I was told 20 nights, but I see on the My Account page at Hilton.com that my current status states "Gold | Reach Diamond this year with 30 more stays, 21 more nights, or 120,000 more Base Points." The 21 nights is consistent with the offers others have reported on this thread. It is cool to see this on the My Account page, as there is no mystery about when I will meet the qualification level.

I was also told on the phone that I have to call in to Hhonors about 3-5 days after the stay in which I meet the qualification (time for stay to post) to have Diamond status activated.

Does this give Diamond just for the balance of this year, or does earning it this year provide Diamond status for next year as well?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
You've earned gold status for 2015 plus a special offer

Title of emailed received today , (did not maintain diamond LY & waiting to drop to gold ) scrolled down to find a fast track link to maintain diamond for 6 stays/ 16 ngts before 30 april.
On registering it got even better with just 4 stays/ 10 ngts !
I have taken a screen shot & will see if it shows up in my a/c over the nxt few days.
Very unexpected & quite frankly was not thinking to ask for a challenge, however must say since PM to Erin before xmas asking to check on lack of offer now receiving every wk & now this.
Many thks Erin
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by europeanflyer
Title of emailed received today , (did not maintain diamond LY & waiting to drop to gold ) scrolled down to find a fast track link to maintain diamond for 6 stays/ 16 ngts before 30 april.
I have taken a screen shot & will see if it shows up in my a/c over the nxt few days.
Very unexpected & quite frankly was not thinking to ask for a challenge, however must say since PM to Erin before xmas asking to check on lack of offer now receiving every wk & now this.
Many thks Erin
Man, I wish I ever received promotion emails from Hilton! Any chance you could share the link?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 2:59 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

Many thks Erin
Just got this same offer.....I have been Diamond forever and went back to Gold for 2015....this email offer came to me today at 2:37pm est. Once I complete the stays I will be Diamond again until March 30th 2017.

I always thought I was left out of status offers....but no more.

Thanks Hilton.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: LH SEN LT , Hilton
Originally Posted by Zeeb
Man, I wish I ever received promotion emails from Hilton! Any chance you could share the link?
Zeeb, after posting I went back to the page & the main info on stay/ngts had gone & just the graphics were showing so looks like once registered that's it.
I been DIA for about 5 yrs to now & never received any offers, than having sent Erin a PM after a thread on this subject end of the year,now once a wk & than this.
suggest sending Erin a PM to check your account & reset it for you.
Let us know how you get on
Old Feb 4, 2015, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Zeeb, after posting I went back to the page & the main info on stay/ngts had gone & just the graphics were showing so looks like once registered that's it.
I been DIA for about 5 yrs to now & never received any offers, than having sent Erin a PM after a thread on this subject end of the year,now once a wk & than this.
suggest sending Erin a PM to check your account & reset it for you.
Let us know how you get on
I'll give that a go. Thanks for the reply.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:47 am

I am a Diamond through March 2016.

I just got email saying that I could not fast-track this year to qualify since I am already Diamond through to March 2016. I can only apply for a fast-track after April 2016 if I did not qualify for Diamond again this year. Is this standard policy?
Old May 20, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by g3ck0

I just got email saying that I could not fast-track this year to qualify since I am already Diamond through to March 2016. I can only apply for a fast-track after April 2016 if I did not qualify for Diamond again this year. Is this standard policy?
Yes
Old May 20, 2015, 7:50 am

I'm confused. Why would they fast track you to Diamond when you're already Diamond? I suppose it was worth asking them about it but I'd be extremely surprised if that was something they'd even consider.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:15 pm

As you are essentially trying to have re-qualification standards lowered (30 stays / 60 nights) for you to 21 nights on a rolling basis, I am not surprised it was not approved as that is not the intention of a Diamond challenge.

Supposedly meant to let non existing Diamonds a taste of the good stuff and win them over to earn the status by their stays subsequently.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: WN AL;
How do I fast track to Diamond?

Noob here. I do not have status on any competitor. I have had 2 stays so far at Hiltons.

I recently got the Surpass card and received Gold status.

I have following stays coming up:

1. A 14 night stay in July - already reserved.
2. A 13 night stay in September
3. A 13 night stay in Nov or Dec

I would like to apply for a fast track Diamond status.

1. If I request the diamond challenge, will they issue me one?
2. If there are chances of getting approved then what is the best time to request it?

Thank you for your help.
Old May 29, 2016, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
There is new a link to get instant Gold status that is intended for Accenture employees.

With this easily obtained Gold status, now is the time for me to start a status match app-o-rama with other hotel reward programs
Old May 30, 2016, 2:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Are there any other hotel reward programs, other than Best Western, that will easily match my new free Hilton HHonors Gold status ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.