Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Centennial Singapore {SGP}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Everyday I receive tons of random email ads. Today I got this, and was sort of interesting: "Conrad Centennial Singapore, 3 nights for A$999 (~$688) for 2.
They even claim prices inclusive of executive room, breakfast, EL access, and one five-course dinner at Golden Peony (or seafood buffet at Oscar's). Seriously? For this price?

alanslegal likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Very good stay- busy friday night- check out billing issues

Hi,

Conrad Centennial Singapore
4 night stay
Tuesday 23 July to Saturday 27th July
Room booked : King Executive ( Sin $416 pn- with Compliments Conrad Rate ( SGD $70 pm credit)
Room allocated 3012

After a 2 night good stay at the Hilton Singapore on Orchard road a S$8 approx taxi ride took me to the Conrad. I had booked the rate thinking I would have a better chance at a potential suite upgrade as a Diamond

Check in was friendly and mention was made of my Diamond status and a generic welcome letter was provided detailing EL access and dress rules for the 2 lounges ( 31st and 4th floors) and told I had a marina view and got a 3pm check out

The room was a standard executive room with a king bed and the ususal amenities ( inc a nespresso machine and a welcome bowl of fruit ( a box of 4 chocolate were provided later) The bed was comfortable , the bathroom well appointed and turndown service was provided daily around 530pm. The nespresso machine came with six capsules ( 2 each of 3 varieties and the 4 milk cartons were in the minibar ( one day they were not replenished so needed to have it without cream)

The minibar prices for a diet coke were 50% above that of the Hilton ( S$7.50 at the Conrad v S$5 at the hilton)

In one of the drawers where there is a stationery folder ( and a running map) there were 2 Conrad Singapore oval sticky labels ( now on my suitcase)
(

It was nice to start the day at 7am with a coffee them elevating the blinds ( electronically controlled) to see the sunrise light up the mairna buildings especially on the sunny days during my stay
I went up to the 31st floor EL where the service was very good ( but no calling by name, just Sir)

Afternoon tea was very good with fruit ( ie watermelon slices etc) sandwiches and scones with jam and small deserts

One thing I found strange compared to other lounges in other cities is that all the drinks were brought out by the staff ( including soft drinks, juices and coffee) but generally did not wait too long to be served.

The pool was cool at first but refreshing after a day walking ( open to 11pm) and the gym was good ( maybe a bit smaller than the Hilton gym) and it is manned to 11pm but open 24 hrs. The staff remembered me when I returned the next time.

Evening snacks were very good with fruit, salads, a number of hot and cold items and deserts ( simlar to those at afternoon tea). The staff provided champagne on request as well as cocktails ( I had an Empress which was like a singapore sling). After 8pm the serving area was closed but ytou could still order soft drinks , coffee ( you could also order alcohol but this was chargeable after 8pm) I oftem came back form a night walk around 940pm and had a quick glass of sparking water ( nice heavy tumblers) and a coffee before the EL closed ( always got a window at that time) then went for a dip in the pool.

The location was very good with a short walk to the Promenade MRT station and then a walk to the Singapore Flyer and the Marina Bay promenade but I found coming back from the Durian shapped theatres a bit confusing with a number of shopping malls to go through. The Millenia Walk mall is interesting with food places and lots of mid range stores ( a department store Harvey Norman had reasonably priced memory cards SGD 23 for a 32 GB Extreme ( Sandisc) SD card which was probalby cheaper than the UK

Breakfast in the EL was very good ( juices served by the staff) with an egg station served by a chef for made to orfer items, fruit, yoghurt, cereral, hot items ie baked beans, rosti potatoes, bacon and bread and pastries. I found that all the window seats were taken when I went up ( only about 4 or 5 window tables) so I sat on the long table then a few minutes later the window tables were vacated.

One of the highlights of the room was the marina view. The stadium was being prepared for the National Day celebrations and you could see the screen and lights being tested. It was great to lie in bed and hit the electric controls for the sheers and drapes and watch the city appear and see in the distance the crowds at the Merlion statue and the scenic elevators of the Pan Pacific. The nightime views with all the buildings lit up were great. I think higer numbered rooms might have more of the marina view blocked by the Pan Pacific.

View from 3012

Side view of the Singapore Flyer and the domes of gardens by the bay

For the side view I needed to get on the couch besdie the window and get your face close to the window and turned your face left. At night the Flyer changed colours and the dome was lit up

Friday night

On Friday night when I went up to the 31st Floor the lounge was fully occupied and although the staff took me ot the two rooms to the right of the welcome desk they were also full ( no ir what they are used for-vips?) so wend down to the 4th floor where although busy a few tables were free but some food items were temporaily exhausted.. I was told that peak time for breakfast was 9am but I was up about 745am with no problems getting a table

Coming back to my room and having the a/c off for a few minutes I could hear people talking next door coming through the connecting door but they quietened down around 1030-11pm and had no noise from them after the a/c was turned back on

Checkout issues

When I checked out at around 330pm ( around 10-15mins for the bellman) the initial bill did not have the Conrad complient of SGD 70 pn credit. The EL receptionist phoned the reservation desk and could not finnd any mention of it despite showning my email confirmation ( the email did not specify the amount of credit) but I was invited to relax in the lounge and they would get back to me.( credit card bill was charged the non discounted rate). about 15mins later the recptionist came back with a revised bill with one SGD 70 credit . A few minutes later I thought to myself that it did not look right so I did a dummy booking on hilton.com and the conrad compliments was $70 pn so back to the desk. She came back a few minutes later with another revised bill ( and mentioned that the gift shop wss not eligible for credit). I did not see that exception mentioned but did not push it.

The taxi ride back to The Jewel at Changi was just over S$18.

Overall it was a good stay, the views were magnificent, the location was very good, hotel is very good but slightly disappointed at lack of an upgrade (or recognition by the EL staff- the staff at the Hilton EL welcomed me by name after my first visit which I thought was a nice touch) but being a friday might explain it ( although I thought I saw still suites available on hilton.com on friday morning) and the check out experience was a bit disappointing- I would probably make sure that the hotel credit fee was defined at check in and unless using the bar/restaurant might not be the best rate to choose.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 30, 2019 at 12:17 pm
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Conrad Centennial Singapore
4 night stay
Tuesday 23 July to Saturday 27th July
Room booked : King Executive ( Sin $416 pn- with Compliments Conrad Rate ( SGD $70 pm credit)
Room allocated 3012

Overall it was a good stay, the views were magnificent, the location was very good, hotel is very good but slightly disappointed at lack of an upgrade (or recognition by the EL staff- the staff at the Hilton EL welcomed me by name after my first visit which I thought was a nice touch) but being a friday might explain it ( although I thought I saw still suites available on hilton.com on friday morning) and the check out experience was a bit disappointing- I would probably make sure that the hotel credit fee was defined at check in and unless using the bar/restaurant might not be the best rate to choose.

Regards

TBS
TBS, I stayed at the CCS around the same time as you, but just for one night. I booked a Deluxe King and was upgraded to a Centennial Suite on arrival (at first I was upgraded to an Executive King - 3112-using OLCI). I'm Diamond as well, but I suspect that because I was only staying one night (Wed-Thu) greatly helped my chances of this awesome upgraded.

The Centennial Suite on the 12th floor was very nice, but your views from your Executive room are amazing. Are there any differences between the amenities/features of an Executive King vs the Centennial Suite?

I must say that my experiences in the Executive Lounge differed from yours. I was constantly addressed by my last name by different staff members. I was mostly at the 31st floor vs the 4th floor lounge. Whenever I was at the 31st floor lounge, I managed to snag a window seat.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
When I stayed at Conrad Centennial Singapore I had late evening flight, EL agent told me that the hotel was fully booked for that evening so only could give me 2 p.m. late check-out but told me I can stay at EL or pool area as late as I wanted. Gym/pool area has locker room so I could take shower and change after spending time at pool area then spent remaining time at EL before heading to Changi that evening. I had no complaint.
Until how late did you end up staying in the end? Considering the Conrad for a 2-nighter, but due to schedule issues I would have to take a redeye flight out. Expecting to conclude business on the day of departure around 8pm, and would be great to have a place to do something productive for about 2-3h before heading to the airport.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Cat88L3,

Thansk. Not sure about the different amenities between the executive king and the suite ( it was my first time in Singapore and the Conrad) and the webiste is not responding.

I do like a window seat at breakfasdt and found it unlucky to have window seats becoming vacant shortly after you had settled down on the long table every morning but then I had probably an equally good view from my room all day and night ( and I got a window view around 930pm at night when I came back for a quick coffee and sparkling water before the gym and pool)

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 30, 2019 at 12:30 pm
Old Jul 30, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SuloL
Until how late did you end up staying in the end? Considering the Conrad for a 2-nighter, but due to schedule issues I would have to take a redeye flight out. Expecting to conclude business on the day of departure around 8pm, and would be great to have a place to do something productive for about 2-3h before heading to the airport.
Aside from recommending a perhaps better work-life balance, If you give them a heads up, you will have access to the EL until they close, although they will charge for alcoholic beverages after 8. As an AY Plat you do have access to some OK OW lounges at SIN if you are catching a OW flight, so you're covered whatever you choose to do.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:51 pm

This looks like a Luxury escapes deal and yes, it's legitimate. The Conrad deal is one of their regular better deals.

Originally Posted by antebellum
Everyday I receive tons of random email ads. Today I got this, and was sort of interesting: "Conrad Centennial Singapore, 3 nights for A$999 (~$688) for 2.
They even claim prices inclusive of executive room, breakfast, EL access, and one five-course dinner at Golden Peony (or seafood buffet at Oscar's). Seriously? For this price?

Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Aside from recommending a perhaps better work-life balance, If you give them a heads up, you will have access to the EL until they close, although they will charge for alcoholic beverages after 8. As an AY Plat you do have access to some OK OW lounges at SIN if you are catching a OW flight, so you're covered whatever you choose to do.
Thank you, I'll rely on that! Work-life balance is sometimes a challenging concept for an entrepreneur, but don't you worry, I still have it pretty good

As a side note, also looked at the option of booking with points as they are decent value here (as a rewards rate is a flexible one). Interestingly, they offer a standard 60k for the first night individually, but not the second. However, booking for 2 nights direct gives me 120k total. I take this to assume that they also appreciate the redemption business coming their way.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:31 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
This looks like a Luxury escapes deal and yes, it's legitimate. The Conrad deal is one of their regular better deals.

Would I get Gold benefits with this? Would only be interested in the free breakfast with this

Looks like breakfast included. I suppose since its with a travel agent there would be no HHonors benefits?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:41 pm

Travel agents generally get the benefits when booked with a gds. bookings with a wholesaler do not.
Luxury escapes would be a wholesaler though, so you are correct in no benefits being due. The property may, but are unlikely to, extend benefits in this case.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:21 am

What's your experience on the hotel releasing last minute standard points inventory? One of the two nights I need is no longer available as standard reward, but thinking if it could be closer to the date. Cancellations ofc might happen, but would they release more base rooms at T-2, as they start upgrading people etc (or at any other time in your experience).

The recent devaluations hit me hard, and have very few places left where I could spend points, this being one of them at roughly 0.005 c/p. Hence contemplating on booking a flexible cash rate for my second night, and keeping an eye out for a standard redemption if availability comes up. Roughly 7 weeks until my stay, FWIW.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:04 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I'm normally a Marriott/SPG guy, but I just booked three nights here in November on an FHR third night free rate. Works out to an average of 186 USD a night plus tax for the grand deluxe room. I'm also a Hilton gold but have never stayed at a Hilton property. The rates at Marriott properties for those dates are much higher. I've previously stayed at the JW, RC, SL. Hoping this will be a good first Hilton experience and hopefully FHR + Gold can get me into an executive room.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I'm normally a Marriott/SPG guy, but I just booked three nights here in November on an FHR third night free rate. Works out to an average of 186 USD a night plus tax for the grand deluxe room. I'm also a Hilton gold but have never stayed at a Hilton property. The rates at Marriott properties for those dates are much higher. I've previously stayed at the JW, RC, SL. Hoping this will be a good first Hilton experience and hopefully FHR + Gold can get me into an executive room.
I was told they upgrade Golds one category. So to guarantee an Executive room, you should book the Premium King/Twin.
I booked the Premium and was given Executive as Gold.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by shawneve
I was told they upgrade Golds one category. So to guarantee an Executive room, you should book the Premium King/Twin.
I booked the Premium and was given Executive as Gold.
They should be upgrading me to that already because of FHR, although whether or not a hotel considers both that and elite status with upgrades really depends on the property. I will probably ask at check-in.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Also ,in my experience, Friday nights can be a lot busier with the executive rooms potentially at capacity ( so no upgrades) so perhaps avoid Fridays if possible.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.