Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Net Direct Rates: The Definitive Thread

Old Sep 17, 2002, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

We made a DT internet reservation at a great rate under their 21 days in advance called 21 DAYSAVER SDTSI1( About 60 days ahead), but after it was made it printed out language saying that such reservations are non-cancelleable, non-changeable and non-refundable. Any eperience as to what to do when you did not realize how this works or wanting to change it?
Old Sep 17, 2002, 6:30 pm
Suspended

I was able to get Hilton to cancel a non refundable reservation ( I made another changable one at the same time)
I had however discoverd my error with a two hours of the making the reservation though.
Suggest you give them a call since its so far out.

Mike
Old Sep 18, 2002, 6:22 am

You can click Complete Rate/Rule Description when you book online.
I never booked at 21 days adv... rate, I mostly found other and better rates online with not such restrictions.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 8:44 am

Have had a few 21 day advance reservation. Once a reservation somehow got double booked so I had 2 seperate reservation. Hilton reservation CSR couldn't do a thing about the minimum 1 day charge. But I called the hotel directly and they canceled one of the reservation without charging the 1 day minimum.
Old Sep 18, 2002, 7:21 pm

I had the same thing happen - accidentally double-booking a room, but Hilton CSR was able to cancel one once they realized I had no intention of doing so (they got booked within less than a minute of one another).

Otherwise, no, I don't expect they'll offer a refund on the cancellation, seeing as they are pretty up-front on the policy in the terms of the rate.

Mike
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO

I am booked at san fran hilton for thrs and friday night of this week. The rate I booked at was the "best available rate" at 149/night. There is now a "net direct rate" that is $129 for thrs and $99 for friday night - its the type you have to pay for in advance. [By the way, this is the first time I have ever seen the Hilton site reflect changes in room rates over a stay, it usually just seems to charge you the highest rate available at any given day of your stay].

I was just worried that changing to that rate would disqualify my stay for a stay point, double dipping, etc. The HH rules mention something about not getting anything for "net groups" ... I assume that is something altogether different but I was hoping someone would know. My prior "best available rate" has even changed and was reduced to $109 for friday night, so worse case scenario, I will at least change reseveration to those new rates.

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 2:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I had a pre-paid stay at the LAX Hilton and I did get all the good stuff. Just make sure you pay with VISA. I did not charge anything to my room either.

Edited to add:
I noticed that you don't mention VISA double base points promotion, so I'm adding this in case you did not know about it. Go to Hilton.com, register, and pay with VISA. The points add up quickly that way

[This message has been edited by andrzej (edited 06-30-2003).]
Old Jun 30, 2003, 3:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta FO
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
I had a pre-paid stay at the LAX Hilton and I did get all the good stuff. Just make sure you pay with VISA. I did not charge anything to my room either.

Edited to add:
I noticed that you don't mention VISA double base points promotion, so I'm adding this in case you did not know about it. Go to Hilton.com, register, and pay with VISA. The points add up quickly that way

[This message has been edited by andrzej (edited 06-30-2003).]
</font>
Thanks. Regarding the Visa promo, I am paying with my Visa. However, you mention "register" - do you mean for the promo - I did not see any requirement to register for it. Thanks again.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 4:35 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

You don't need to register for the double points VISA promo. All rates booked directly from Hilton.com are eligible for stay points/credits/benefits unless it states otherwise.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 4:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
You both are right. I confused it with all the other promos with other airlines/hotels that one needs to keep track of.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT.UA EX, HH DIAMOND
When to do an Advance Purchase

I have a res with an award at London Paddington on 1/11/04. They said I would have a Junior Suite. I want to make a res for 1/9 & 1/10. I can get a standard rate at 94 GBP. I can also get an advance purchase at 74 GBP which is a good savings. My two questions are...how long can I wait to do the advance purchase, and if I do it, will I get the Junior Suite for the entire stay? I am a Gold with Hilton.
Thanks for any ideas!

------------------
AA PLat. (Gold for life)
UA Premier - HH Gold vip
Old Dec 3, 2003, 7:14 pm

Generally, you need to book the Advance Purchase rate at least 21 days before your stay.

The Advance Purchase rate should not affect your upgrade chances. I book well in advance if I know that my travel plans are firm and have managed to save quite a bit by booking the Advance rate.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 9:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Any other experiences with NET Direct Rates? I see the HHonors T&C's states "NET Group" rates do not qualify for stay credit or points, but it is not clear that the NET Direct Rate is the same as "NET Group" rates.
Old Jan 1, 2004, 9:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You will get points and credit, I always have in the past.

Make sure you log off and check rates too, sometimes way lower if not logged on.

If you change a reservation, make sure to bring the new confirmation with you, more often then not they have wanted to charge me the higher rate, their system doesn't reflect the change (sure it doesn't). If you go the cancel and rebook route, make sure you rebook it first, then cancel, the last thing you need it to cancel, and when you click to book the lower rate be told sorry, no more at that rate.

[This message has been edited by cordelli (edited Jan 01, 2004).]
Old Jan 1, 2004, 9:39 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cordelli:
You will get points and credit, I always have in the past.

Make sure you log off and check rates too, sometimes way lower if not logged on.
</font>
Thanks cordelli!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.