Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Keep your status in half the stays through the end of the year

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:54 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond

From an e-mail offer received

TAKE A SHORTCUT TO KEEP YOUR STATUS.
KEEP YOUR STATUS IN HALF THE STAYS.

The terms of the offer:

This exclusive offer is open only to the Hilton HHonors™ member with the account number <<no number was actually listed>>. Offer valid for eligible stays completed between November 5 and December 31, 2012 (“Promotion Period”). HHonors members must first register for the offer prior to the check-out of their stay within the Promotion Period. “Count double toward the number of stays” means each completed stay will count as two stays. This offer applies only to stays and will not double the HHonors member’s Base Points or nights during each stay. A "stay" is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of whether the guest checks out and checks back in again. If an elite status upgrade is achieved or elite status is maintained through this offer, the status will be valid until March 31, 2014. An elite status upgrade means that the HHonors member qualifies to earn a higher elite status within a calendar year for the subsequent year. Maintaining elite status means that the HHonors Member qualifies to preserve that elite status within a calendar year for the subsequent year. Members must re-qualify for elite status each year.

There's a link to sign up and more details, but it brings you to this page

We're sorry!
An error occurred processing your request.
Error while processing: DBLCREDQ4S HTML was not returned for the page.

So like most things Hilton, it's not fully functioning yet

No clue if it's targeted or not.

Edited to add the link is now redirecting to here

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Proces...o72vy0byhBIQ==

for those who want to give it a shot

Last edited by cordelli; Nov 5, 2012 at 9:48 am
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Gold, Club Accorhotels Silver
I got the same offer and the same error, so glad it wasn't just me
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.3MM, WN A+/CP, HH DIA, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz 5*
Got the same email and the link was live for me just now.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by cordelli
So like most things Hilton, it's not fully functioning yet
hilton.com gets worse on almost a daily basis.

I just booked a room for the FTU next spring. I would click on the booking link to book a room at the FTU rate. I tried at various points to sign into my hilton account to make it easier. Each time, it logged me in and kicked me out to a main page. If I logged in and then clicked on the booking link, it logged me out and any try to log back in had the result of kicking me back to a main page.

I tried this on two different browsers. I gave up trying to log in, and just booked it by entering everything manually. Wretched.

David
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:48 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The link is now directing to here for those who want to give it a shot

https://www.hiltonhhonors.com/Proces...o72vy0byhBIQ==

Please note, before posting that the link is busted, it's a long link, and you have to mouse over it for several seconds for the board to convert it into it's full 160 characters. If you don't wait for it to be converted, it won't work. If it doesn't work, quote the post, and you can then copy the full link.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: US. HH Diamond but chasing Hyatt
My wife's T&C (Silver->Gold) say the status would be valid through March 2015.

Not that it will make a difference in whether I do this, but would I be able to get my Gold benefits if I'm staying with her but we book the rooms via her Silver account on this promotion?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:39 am

If one is doing the MVP challenge on fast track, how would this affect that possibly? Would it cancel it out?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I didn't get the offer, and the system replied I was not eligible - as expected but I took the shot.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: US. HH Diamond but chasing Hyatt
Oh P.S., my wife's offer was to Upgrade her status from Silver to Gold in 2 stays, not Keep her status. Appears to be the same promotion with slightly different wording.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:19 pm

I did not get the e-mail, and it doesn't work for me. I called the Diamond desk, and was told that if I have the link, it should work. But I think she presumed that I had the e-mail. Please post if anyone who was not targeted can get it to work, or if you can convince Hhonors CS to get you an invitation.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:35 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You are not able to register for this promotion online. Please call the Hilton Reservations and Customer Care nearest you.
So, does that mean I AM able to register by calling?

I love HHonors error messages....
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by DiverDave
hilton.com gets worse on almost a daily basis.

I just booked a room for the FTU next spring. I would click on the booking link to book a room at the FTU rate. I tried at various points to sign into my hilton account to make it easier. Each time, it logged me in and kicked me out to a main page. If I logged in and then clicked on the booking link, it logged me out and any try to log back in had the result of kicking me back to a main page.

I tried this on two different browsers. I gave up trying to log in, and just booked it by entering everything manually. Wretched.

David
I had the same problem, and entered my info in manually as you did. However, I later figured out that you can log in at the top of the page with the "book a room" button; if you log in before clicking on "book a room" things will work normally.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by LowRoller
If one is doing the MVP challenge on fast track, how would this affect that possibly? Would it cancel it out?

I would suspect, if you got the offer, and you met your MVP challenge first, this would have no bearing on that at all. However, if you don't mee the MVP challenge, then you would get your status in half the stays (as it says).

I am sure that's probably a targetted offer for those who are close (or fairly close, anyway).
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by shoreline
I would suspect, if you got the offer, and you met your MVP challenge first, this would have no bearing on that at all. However, if you don't mee the MVP challenge, then you would get your status in half the stays (as it says).

I am sure that's probably a targeted offer for those who are close (or fairly close, anyway).
For those who received this email, are you close to achieving the next level in elite status? I can't register it from that link either. Got a message saying I'm not able to register for it.

This would help me out since I'm just 4 stays shy of remaining Gold. I was planning on 4 separate weekend trips on my next business trips but this cut my efforts in half
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:00 pm

Wouldn't the MVP challenge simply be the better way to get Gold? (As long as you can fulfill the requisite stays).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.