Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Airline Acquisition 2012: Instant Gold Status thru 3/2014 + Bonus — TARGETTED

Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:28 am
uxb
Original Poster

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN

Apparently, Hilton is offering instant Gold status through March 2014, and up to 50000 bonus HH points for selected members of AA, B6, DL, UA, US and VX FF programmes. There is also an opportunity for HH members to particpate.

Particpate in the American Airlines offer, and get instant gold status + 50000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

ąTo earn 500 AAdvantage miles, you must complete one stay between August 8 and November 28, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks for AAdvantage miles to appear in your AAdvantage account. AAdvantage miles accrued and awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of the AAdvantage program. Go to www.aa.com/aadvantage for complete details. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or Million MilerSM status. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies.

˛If you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by November 28, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.

łTo receive 50,000 Bonus Points, all qualifying stays must be completed between August 8 and November 28, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks from completion of your stays for points to appear in your HHonors account. Hilton HHonors points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and up to 80,000 points for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. 50,000 HHonors points are enough for two free reward nights at a Category 1-3 hotel. Free nights (for standard room, double occupancy) are defined in the HHonors program Terms and Conditions. For information on reward stays, visit HHonors.com/Rewards. AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage and Million Miler are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Particpate in the Delta offer, and get instant gold status + 50000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

ąTo receive 500 miles, you must complete one stay between July 29 and November 19, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks for miles to appear in your SkyMiles account. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skymiles. Partner offers subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Offers subject to change without notice.

˛If you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by November 19, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.

łTo receive 50,000 Bonus Points, all qualifying stays must be completed between July 29 and November 19, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks from completion of your stays for points to appear in your HHonors account. Hilton HHonors points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and up to 80,000 points for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. 50,000 HHonors points are enough for two free reward nights at a Category 1-3 hotel. Free nights (for standard room, double occupancy) are defined in the HHonors program Terms and Conditions. For information on reward stays, visit HHonors.com/Rewards.
Particpate in the JetBlue offer, and get instant gold status + 50000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

ąIf you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by November 22, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.

˛To receive 500 TrueBlue points, you must complete one stay by November 22, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks for TrueBlue points to appear in your TrueBlue account. Offer available to TrueBlue members in good standing. The name and True Blue number provided must exactly match those listed in the TrueBlue account. Offer has no cash value, is not not redeemable for cash, is not valid for group stays, is nontransferrable, and cannot be combined with other offers. TrueBlue points may not be granted retroactuveky and will not be granted for any stays outside of the eligble offer dates. Offer may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice or liability. TrueBlue program Terms and Conditions apply. Please visit trueblue.jetblue.com for complete details.

łTo receive 50,000 HHonors Bonus Points, all qualifying stays must be completed between August 2 and November 22, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks from completion of your stays for points to appear in your HHonors account. Hilton HHonors points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and up to 80,000 points for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. 50,000 HHonors points are enough for two free reward nights at a Category 1-3 hotel. Free nights (for standard room, double occupancy) are defined in the HHonors program Terms and Conditions. For information on reward stays, visit HHonors.com/Rewards.
Participate in the United offer, and get instant gold status + 6000 bonus UA miles after five stays.

TERMS:

ąTo earn United Mileage Plus miles for your stays, simply stay at a Hilton Worldwide hotel, pay an eligible rate, and present your United Mileage Plus account number at time of reservation and at check-in. To receive 6,000 bonus award miles, all qualifying stays must be completed between August 5 and November 25, 2012. Miles accrued, awards issued and bonus offers are subject to the rules of the UMP program. United, its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents are not responsible for any products and services of other participating companies and partners. Please allow 6-8 weeks after completed qualifying activity for bonus award miles to be posted to your UMP account. The UMP program, including accruals, awards and bonus, is subject to change without notice. Taxes and fees related to award travel are the responsibility of the passenger. United and Mileage Plus are registered service marks. For complete details about the UMP program, visit www.united.com.

˛If you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by November 25, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.
Particpate in the US Airways offer, and get instant gold status + 25000 bonus HH points after four stays.

TERMS:

ąTo receive 500 Dividend Miles, you must complete one stay between August 12 and December 2, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks for Dividend Miles to appear in your Dividend account. US Airways is not responsible for products or services offered by Hilton. Airline miles accrued and awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of the Dividend Miles Program. Go to usairways.com/dividendmiles for complete details.

˛If you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by December 2, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.

łTo receive 25,000 Bonus Points, all qualifying stays must be completed between August 12 and December 2, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks from completion of your stays for points to appear in your HHonors account. Hilton HHonors points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and up to 80,000 points for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. 25,000 HHonors points are enough for one free reward night at a Category 1-3 hotel. Free nights (for standard room, double occupancy) are defined in the HHonors program Terms and Conditions. For information on reward stays, visit HHonors.com/Rewards.
Participate in the Virgin America offer, and get instant gold status + 1600 bonus VX points after four stays.

TERMS:

ąTo receive 1,600 Elevate Points, you must complete four stays between August 22 and December 12, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks for Elevate Points to appear in your Virgin America account. Virgin American is not responsible for products or services offered by Hilton. Points accrued and awards issued are subject to the terms and conditions of the Elevate Points Program. Go to virginamerican.com/whatiseleVAte for complete details.

˛If you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by December 12, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.
Participate in the Hilton HHonors offer, and get instant gold status + 25000 bonus HH points after five stays.

TERMS:

ąIf you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by November 22, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.

˛To receive 25,000 Bonus Points, all qualifying stays must be completed between August 2 and November 22, 2012. Please allow 6-8 weeks from completion of your stays for points to appear in your HHonors account. Hilton HHonors points required for a free night range between 7,500 HHonors points for a Category 1 hotel and up to 80,000 points for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. 25,000 HHonors points are enough for one free reward night at a Category 1-3 hotel. Free nights (for standard room, double occupancy) are defined in the HHonors program Terms and Conditions. For information on reward stays, visit HHonors.com/Rewards.

Last edited by uxb; Aug 9, 2012 at 9:26 am
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:58 am

Confirmed, AA member who had never done much of anything with HHonors (think I had an account several years ago with a stay or two) so I just started a new account since I've moved since then anyway. I'll certainly switch a few of my stays to Hilton til I get the 50k bonus...
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
I put in my AA number and the website said it was invalid.....??
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:22 am
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Chicago Wine Geek
I put in my AA number and the website said it was invalid.....??
I contacted the mod to change the title, so that it accurately reflects that this is a targetted offer.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: Back to lowly AA Gold (1.8 MM); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
If you are already a HHonors member (and would you be reading this if you weren't?) the fine print says you should call the reservation line to get the promotion. Of course, the phone reps weren't aware of this and are starting to get a lot of calls. They've reported the problem and hope that the email links get fixed soon. In the meantime, they have an elaborate workaround. While they stayed on the line with me, they had me sign up for a new account. Once the account details were emailed to me I gave them to the rep and she merged the two accounts and cancelled out the new one. She had to make sure to append my old account to the offer even though the merged account had that information already. It was sloppy, but in the end she did confirm that I'm now Gold until 2014 and that I'd get the miles after the first stay and points after four stays. This reset my earning preference to Points & Miles, but, I'll change it back to Points & Points after the first stay. Of course, I'm keeping the offer email and screen shots of the registration confirmation.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
To try and save some complaints for those that don't want to read everything or refuse to accept the conditions and still apply...

"˛If you’re already an HHonors member, please contact Hilton Reservations and Customer Care so your account can be updated to qualify for this offer. Offer is valid for the recipient of this email only and is non-transferable. You must update your account by November 28, 2012 to obtain Gold status, which will be valid through March 2014. Thereafter, standard requirements must be met to maintain Gold status. Gold status member may choose from a variety of on-property benefits, which vary by hotel and are subject to availability.

Please read the bolded infomation.

Last edited by TR7_DFW; Aug 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm Reason: fix a typo
Old Aug 9, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat
Have to admit I got this email today and was very giddy. Never used Hilton really and instantly signed up for the status.

I am AA Platinum.

Question for the group. Does that bother those that have worked hard for their status that is offered to others like this?

The reason I ask is because I work hard at my AA status and if they offered it to someone that didn't fly AA much to try and get their business it would mean more people to compete against for upgrades and the like.

I totally get why Hilton is doing it, but just curious.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:31 pm
uxb
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Juxta3000
Have to admit I got this email today and was very giddy. Never used Hilton really and instantly signed up for the status.

I am AA Platinum.

Question for the group. Does that bother those that have worked hard for their status that is offered to others like this?

The reason I ask is because I work hard at my AA status and if they offered it to someone that didn't fly AA much to try and get their business it would mean more people to compete against for upgrades and the like.

I totally get why Hilton is doing it, but just curious.
These fast tracks (or in this case instant) methods for Gold further cheapens all status at HH. However, with this invite, I will no longer need to bother re-qualifying for Diamond. Instead, I will shoot for Gold, which is pretty much the same thing anyway. I welcome the 50000 additional bonus points though since I redeemed 105k in Iceland.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:45 pm

a very targeted promo that will not work for those who did not receive the email.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Biblioman1
If you are already a HHonors member (and would you be reading this if you weren't?) the fine print says you should call the reservation line to get the promotion. Of course, the phone reps weren't aware of this and are starting to get a lot of calls. They've reported the problem and hope that the email links get fixed soon. In the meantime, they have an elaborate workaround. While they stayed on the line with me, they had me sign up for a new account. Once the account details were emailed to me I gave them to the rep and she merged the two accounts and cancelled out the new one. She had to make sure to append my old account to the offer even though the merged account had that information already. It was sloppy, but in the end she did confirm that I'm now Gold until 2014 and that I'd get the miles after the first stay and points after four stays. This reset my earning preference to Points & Miles, but, I'll change it back to Points & Points after the first stay. Of course, I'm keeping the offer email and screen shots of the registration confirmation.
So, did you receive the email or did you just call them and ask to be put on the promotion?

I already have Gold and set to re-earn it for next year thanks to the MVP promo, however an extra 25K points would be most welcome
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:25 pm

Programs: AOPA
just call

I didn't get the email, no status at any airline or HH. Called HH and they located the promo, and now I just have to complete 4 stays to get 50k and gold status.

make sure you know why airline you want to use.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by teddy25
I didn't get the email, no status at any airline or HH. Called HH and they located the promo, and now I just have to complete 4 stays to get 50k and gold status.

make sure you know why airline you want to use.
really? Wow.

This luck may not last long. we will have to watch as people keep posting.

Last edited by shoreline; Aug 9, 2012 at 6:49 pm
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:18 pm

Tried with United, said the offer was only for first time users, got 2500 points for my time though as the email was "sent out in error."
Old Aug 9, 2012, 9:42 pm

Tried with Delta; rep said that she knew about other calls coming in for this promo, but didn't have the codes available for existing HHonors members and suggested I call back tomorrow.

Guess I'll report back on what happens.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by shoreline
a very targeted promo that will not work for those who did not receive the email.
- O.K. I did receive this offer by e-mail with my AA EXP # listed. The problem is that I am HHonors Diamond with 1 stay short of re-qualifying for Diamond through March 2014 (this means that I already re-qualified for Gold). I called HHonors Diamond Desk and they told me that there is no way for me to get 50,000 points after 4 stays per conditions of this offer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.