Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge {CAN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge {CAN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2004, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz 5*
Arrow Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge {CAN}

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/040323/235276_1.html

Press Release Source: Hilton Hotels Corporation

Hilton Garden Inn Opens Sixth Canadian Hotel along Popular Highway 401 Corridor in Cambridge, Ontario
Tuesday March 23, 8:00 am ET

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 23, 2004--Hilton Hotels Corporation (NYSE:HLT - News) announced the opening of the 123-room Hilton Garden Inn® Kitchener/Cambridge in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada.

Situated along the well-traveled Highway 401 Corridor at Highway 24 in Southern Ontario, the Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge is centrally located 15 minutes from Kitchener-Waterloo; one hour from Toronto, London, Hamilton and Niagara Falls; and three hours from Detroit. Cambridge and the surrounding communities offer a unique blend of distinctive 19th century architecture and ambiance that can be experienced while touring various antique shops, farmers markets, art museums and wineries that stretch across the Southern Ontario countryside. Visitors to Cambridge can also enjoy factory outlet shopping, a butterfly conservatory, the world-renowned African Lion Safari and the Whistle Bear Golf Club -- the new home of the Canadian PGA Championship in July.

"We are truly excited to continue growing our Hilton Garden Inn brand in communities throughout Canada. The location of the new Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge provides another great place to stay with the Hilton Family of Hotels from Detroit all the way to Montreal," said Adrian Kurre, senior vice president - brand management, Hilton Garden Inn. "We hope that when leisure and business travelers experience this Hilton Garden Inn hotel, we will become their mid-priced lodging choice whenever they travel throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico."

The newly constructed Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge is owned by 1507952 Ontario Inc., managed by Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company and operated under a franchise license agreement with Hilton Inns, Inc., the franchising subsidiary of Beverly Hills-based Hilton Hotels Corporation.

"The development and opening of the Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge certainly has been watched and anticipated by the citizens and business leaders of the area during the past several months," said Soodesh Sowamber, hotel general manager. "Our entire Hilton Garden Inn hotel team is truly excited to welcome visitors and members of this dynamic community to experience the warm hospitality, fine service and wide range of amenities at an affordable price that will certainly set the standard for hotels in this region of Southern Ontario."

A four-story structure, the Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge includes: a signature glass-walled pavilion, housing the reception desk; a Pavilion Pantry® with a selection of refrigerated, frozen and microwaveable packaged items, and sundries; the Pavilion Restaurant®, offering freshly prepared breakfast and dinner offerings; room service available during evening hours; a comfortable lounge area with a television and fireplace; a 24-hour, complimentary business center; and an on-site guest laundry. More than 2,200 square feet of flexible meeting space can accommodate meetings, banquets and events of 10 to 200 guests.

Guestroom accommodations and features include: a hospitality center with a microwave oven, coffee maker and mini refrigerator; a sitting area with an easy chair; a hairdryer; and an iron and ironing board. In-room entertainment and information services include video-on-demand movies, video games and interactive Hilton guest services. The hotel also offers four spacious two-room suites, in addition to two whirlpool suites.

Business-oriented features of the guestrooms include: complimentary high-speed Internet access and secure remote guest printing to the business center; a spacious work desk; adjustable lighting; an ergonomic chair; electrical outlets at desk height; and two telephones equipped with two lines, data ports and voice mail.

Recreational facilities consist of a fully equipped fitness room and an indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool.

Members of the Hilton HHonors® guest reward program can earn Points & Miles® for every qualifying stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge.

The Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge address is 746 Old Hespeler Road, Cambridge, Ontario, Canada N3H 5L8; phone: 519-620-8936; fax: 519-620-8937. The hotel is within an hour's drive of both Toronto Pearson and Hamilton International Airports. The Hilton Garden Inn is located near such major businesses as Toyota®, Rockwell® Automation, ATS, Com Dev and Babcock & Wilcox.

Hilton Garden Inn is the upscale, mid-priced brand that is part of Hilton Hotels Corporation, recognized internationally as a preeminent hospitality company. The company develops, owns, manages or franchises nearly 2,200 hotels, resorts and vacation ownership properties. Its portfolio includes many of the world's most highly regarded hotel brands, including Hilton®, Conrad®, Doubletree®, Embassy Suites Hotels®, Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations Club® and Homewood Suites by Hilton®.

The Hilton Family of Hotels in Canada features a collection of more than 40 hotels across six of North America's best-known hotel brands. Strategically located at four of Canada's major international gateway airports and in most of the country's major metropolitan areas, the Hilton Family of Hotels in Canada provides easy access to financial and commercial districts, convention facilities and leisure attractions.

To find out more about the Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge or to make reservations, please visit the brand's website at www.hiltongardeninn.com, call 1-877-STAY-HGI from Canada and the U.S., or call the hotel directly at 519-620-8936.

Hilton Garden Inn Brand Communications (USA)
Thomas Wingham/Agnes Sibal, 310-205-4545
[email protected]
[email protected]
http://www.hiltonworldwide.com
or
Hilton Garden Inn Kitchener/Cambridge (CANADA)
Elizabeth Boyce, 519-620-8936
[email protected]
or
Hilton Canada (CANADA)
Barbara McCully, 905-678-5447
[email protected]

Source: Hilton Hotels Corporation
Old Mar 23, 2004, 2:36 pm

They are going to lay a world of hurt on the Holiday Inn, Best Western and Comfort Inn. Those properties are old an run down but sadly the $119 rates are too high for my budget and I will end up still at the Comfort Inn (I like the big desk). If this had been a Hampton Inn I would probably make Diamond at that property alone.

I might look into speaking to the property to see if I can get a better corporate rate. The worst they say is no
Old Apr 13, 2004, 9:39 pm

Thumbs up Positive Report on this location

So here I am tonight on a $98 AAA rate. Wonderful hotel. They have a chef that they were raving about at the front desk but I have to admit that I go to Caz's Fish & Chips behind Petro Canada (you'll know what I mean when you get here) as it is one of two places in Canada that I just can't drive by without having to stop in.

As Gold I was informed they had up upgraded me to a full suite with 1 1/2 baths, jacuzzi tub and separate stand up shower without having to ask.

I received coupons for 2 free bottles of water, $5.00 off any purchase at their Pavilion Pantry store in the lobby, free cont breakfast of course and a fruit platter in my mini-fridge with a note in the room alerting me to it.

The free HSIA is very fast and I love the printing from my room to the business centre.

The front desk staff were very very friendly at check in and when I went down to pick up some documents from the laser printer (warning - it's only B&W for the time being). On a positive note the printing is Free of Charge in their documentation

This location is right as you get off the 401 and is right across from a Power Mall with a Staples (Office Depot type store), Wal-Mart, Future Shop (think Best Buy) and a number of clothing stores and outlet locations.

I know it's only one experience but if you are in the area I would highly recommend giving this location a try.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.