Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

ALON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2001, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Location: CA; Husband AA Lifetime Plat/7 MM; HH Lifetime Diamond

We're rather new to the Hilton program, and must say we're quite impressed so far. My husband has enough points to do the ALON award in Hawaii. My question is, it will be the two of us, plus our 9 year old daughter. The award describes it as "6 nights for 2". So how exactly will this work with our daughter? She will, of course, be in the same room with us. Can we still use the award? Will there be some sort of extra person cost, etc?

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but I would appreciate some input from those of you out there who may have experience with this situation. Thanks in advance. I have learned so much from this group in a short time.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:01 pm
Suspended

I used a golf award (TEEN) and was able to have kids in the room free. I think that for Gold members, spouses and kids are free and perhaps for all members.
Old Aug 6, 2001, 1:41 pm

I've used the ALON at all the Hawaii properties. At Turtle Bay and HHV, request a room with two double beds.

At Waikaloa, you can request a room overlooking the dolphin lagoon with a king bed. The room also has a sofa sleeper and we've even managed to bring in a rollaway. So, 1 youngster on the sofa sleeper, one on the rollaway, and Mom and Dad in the king sized bed. Each time we've requested the dolphin view we've been successful in getting one.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 2:43 pm

We were at the HHV in January on an ALON award. Husband and two kids (10 and 11). We requested a room with 2 double beds. No problem whatsoever. Have a good trip.
Old Aug 9, 2001, 6:01 pm

A related question from the air travel side--when a child accompanies on the ALOA award where two adults fly for free--does anyone have experience with using frequent flyer miles for the child's air ticket? Related to this, we were wondering if we had choice of airlines?

Old Sep 2, 2001, 3:03 pm

ALON Hilton HHonors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread

May I ask is ALON alike to Point Strecher? Which one is better?
Old Sep 2, 2001, 6:55 pm

Programs: Many
ALON is a 6-night award for stays at Hilton properties in Hawaii, for HHonors VIP members.
Old Nov 3, 2001, 2:58 pm

ALON award or SP8?

I booked an ALON stay for HHV for late December. I recently called to confirm and the rep. confirmed it saying it was an SP8 award. What is the difference between ALON and SP8, if anything?
Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2001, 3:16 pm
Suspended

100,000 points for an ALON (6 night Hawaiian resort for VIPs) and 195,000 points for a SP8 (6 night premium). Sometimes they get confused about the appropriate award - call back and have them change it to an ALON and save 95,000 points.
Old Nov 17, 2001, 9:12 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Getting Two ALON Reward Rooms Together.

I have provided my brother and his family w/two ALON awards. One room for he&spouse, the other for the rug rats.

I've never needed this before and have considered the following:

Writing letter to GM of Hilton Hawaiian Village stating request.

Also have Diamond Desk note request in award records.

any other suggestions?
Old Dec 10, 2001, 2:12 pm

Able to split up ALON award for 2 hotels or diff nights?

I'm thinking about using the 100K ALON award for a Hawaiian honeymoon for my brother, but I think he was wanting spend the week on two different islands--anyway you can split up the ALON 6-night award for different hotels?

If not, do those 6 nights have to be consecutive?

Thanks!
Old Dec 10, 2001, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
You need to use the ALON at one hotel.

If you want to split up your hotel stay , say first three nights at Hawaiian Village, then go to another island then return for final three nights, call the hotel directly as they have that discretion and may allow you to do that.
Old Dec 10, 2001, 2:22 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by griffon:
do those 6 nights have to be consecutive?</font>
Officially, yes. But follow chix's advice, state your case and see if they would be willing to bend the rules a little...
Old Dec 10, 2001, 4:09 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
chix, has you or anyone split an award stay?
Old Dec 10, 2001, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Yes, I have split it up several times.

If the front desk won't do it, the GM will. After all, 6+0=6 & 3+3 also = 6.

The hotel will lose nothing by making you happy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.