Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Do I earn points with Hilton for incidental charges eg. room service on award stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I earn points with Hilton for incidental charges eg. room service on award stay?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:33 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery

Hi Flyertalkers,

here is my simple question:

Do we earn points for incidental charges eg. using room service during our upcoming award stay [ paid with HH points ]?

Is it dependend on the property?@:-)

Any experiences, surely many have stayed on awards // paid with points // @ Hilton properties around the world.

Thanks a lot for your insights.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
yes you will get points and probably help secure a stay credit.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
See also:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ward-stay.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ight-stay.html
12.Members will not earn points or miles for Reward Stays, except that if Member is using Room Upgrade Rewards, any money spent on the original reservation will earn points and/or miles consistent with these Terms. Members may earn points (not miles) for incidental charges at a hotel within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio during a Reward Stay, provided such charges are deemed eligible folio charges at Hilton, Conrad® Hotels and Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hilton Grand Vacations®, and the Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts Hotels. Members will not earn points for incidental charges during a Reward Stay at a Hampton Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Home2 Suites by Hilton® or Homewood Suites by Hilton® hotel.
http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...#hotel_rewards
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:05 pm
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Thanks FT'ers for all your insights and help in finding an answer to my questions!^
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Starwood Plat, AC Elite, Delta Million Miler, Flying Colonel
Recieved points, my-way preference, quarterly and weekend promotions for meals and tips paid during one-week reward stay at Hilton Los Cabos.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, National Executive, UA
I got points credited for tip on the free (diamond) breakfast at the Millenium in NYC.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Also be aware - and this has been stated in this Forum many times - you may not earn points for services provided by outside suppliers - these may include shops and restaurants within the property in some cases. If you contemplate any larger purchases ask first, don't assume because it can be charged ot your room it will generate points; it may not. (This is particularly so in non-US larger properties that may even allow you to charge transportation services like airport shuttle busses, outside restaurants, chauffeured cars not belonging to the property, etc.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by JDiver
Also be aware - and this has been stated in this Forum many times - you may not earn points for services provided by outside suppliers - these may include shops and restaurants within the property in some cases. If you contemplate any larger purchases ask first, don't assume because it can be charged ot your room it will generate points; it may not. (This is particularly so in non-US larger properties that may even allow you to charge transportation services like airport shuttle busses, outside restaurants, chauffeured cars not belonging to the property, etc.
...or hotel gift shops. Tried to charge to our room a sweatshirt that my wife liked in a Canadian hotel's gift shop. Clerk said the charges wouldn't get points as they weren't connected to the hotel. Bought it anyway (hey, wife's worth it!!!) and got AMEX points instead.

bj-21.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 7:12 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Any updates on this? We stayed on points and at the hotel paid $125/night for an upgrade. Lists on the folio as "Upgrade charge". Was the only charges on the folio, but no points awarded.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:31 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
Any updates on this? We stayed on points and at the hotel paid $125/night for an upgrade. Lists on the folio as "Upgrade charge". Was the only charges on the folio, but no points awarded.
As long as it wasn't a Hampton, Home2 Suites or Homewood, that would be classed as an incidental charge and you should be entitled to the points. Definitely worth contacting Hilton Honors. Even Points and Money stays now get the points on the money portion.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 6:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I once got points for booking a helicopter trip!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Hotels have some leeway in determining which charges are eligible. In your case, I'd request "missing incidentals" credit from Hilton; if they reply that those charges aren't eligible, there's your answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.