Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2014, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
Please list all hotel properties which charge a resort fee. Provide a link to the source, if possible. Also, please add any pertinent information fellow FlyerTalk members should know about resort fees — such as whether or not they are included as part of a reward stay, for example.

Hilton Tuscon El Conquistador — $20.00 resort fee added in 2012.
Print Wikipost

Resort Fees

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2003, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Resort Fees

As reward use increases and prices slowly increase, use of free basic ammenities are decreasing as well.

I love the Resort Fees many resorts like Hilton include. The current ammenities included are:

free Local calls
Use of the safe
Payment via credit card
Daily paper
free inroom coffee
Non-Valet Parking
Tennis facilities.

Ammenities soon to be included:

Daily TV use
Use of the Balcony
Flushing of the Toilet
Bedding
Soap, Shampoo, and Toilet paper.

The way things are heading, the room fee and tax will cover the square footage and electricity. EVERYTHING else will be more money over the room rate.

We travel 10 times a year and it is clear that the ammenities are decreasing down while the price goes up.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 5:42 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Want some cheese for that whine? C'mon! Give it a rest. be happy....life is good...no worries Paul.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 5:49 pm
Suspended

This guy is a moderator on the Hilton board.
I really hope not for too long, especially if he keeps up the incessant whining up.
Ever stay a hotel before Paul? Any hotel?
mike

[This message has been edited by MIKESILV (edited 10-01-2003).]
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:26 pm

Why are you so critical of the HHW and HWV? An axe to grind? What are your motives?

Any positive experiences?

You are on a free stay vacation -- RELAX.

[This message has been edited by seajac03 (edited 10-01-2003).]
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:36 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
What I hate is that one can't assert one's rights nor object to others' out-of-line practices anymore without being accused of 'whining.'
When I was a kid, whining referred to the tone of voice.
To me as an adult, whining is constant complaining about something to which one is not entitled in the first place or about which one is too lazy to do something.

------------------
Play the travel game 3 vacations into the future!
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:40 pm

To me as an adult, whining is constant complaining about something to which one is not entitled in the first place or about which one is too lazy to do something.

Perfect description of the current situation
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:46 pm

Location: SAN and before that...EWR....AA EXP (3MM)..HH LIFETIME DIAMOND..AVIS PREFERRED PLUS
Agreed Seajac03!! And let me add...If this guy is still posting from HI...why is he posting on FT in the afternoon? Shouldn't he be enjoying himself?He's posted for a few days now....how could an analytical person person such as this, even begin to enjoy himself while on vacation... I feel sorry for his spouse...

[This message has been edited by IMStill4Travel (edited 10-01-2003).]
Old Oct 1, 2003, 6:47 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Littleleaguemoms know whining when they hear it - or read it. This is whining.

Old Oct 1, 2003, 7:00 pm

I will be vacating at both the HHV and HWV in November via HH rewards (to me = free, no $).

At all times, my mantra will be RELAX, DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY!

Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:11 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">The way things are heading, the room fee and tax will cover the square footage and electricity.</font>
I wouldn't count on that. Don't you remember the electricity surcharge?

Your posts are pretty amusing, BTW. If people want to read real whining there are numerous other posts around that are far better examples.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:36 pm

Wow-travel 10 times a year. Most Americans would be happy to do it 3-4 times. quitchyerbichin.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by littleleaguemom:
Littleleaguemoms know whining when they hear it - or read it. This is whining.

</font>
As a littleleague dad and coach, I have heard many left fielders asking why they can't pitch. Usually, it is because they are unprepared, but it doesn't stop the whining.
Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

wow, more stir.

We spend so much time in the pool, and doing everything else, it seems easy to poke fun. But seriosuly, we don't really care too much. It's purely money to blow and half of it is paid for in points.

We do FlyerTalk in our leisure time, like traveling and sampling Hiltons. As for wifey, she gets a kick out of the replies as we read together. As long as a few people see the humor, that's all that matters I guess.

Because we travel so much and this is our main source of fun, we understand why people who don't get to travel as much call this whining.

We are enjoying oursleves and having a great time.

[This message has been edited by PaulGQ (edited 10-01-2003).]
Old Oct 1, 2003, 10:49 pm

I travel much more...yes, for leisure...and I still call it whining.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 12:49 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I find Paul GQ's posts funny - I think I don't agree with everything, but I also think that some people seem to fail to see that a lot of the "whining" is said with a little . And the point Paul GQ is making with this thread is a valid one.

------------------
Please have a look at my round-the-world travel blog and leave some comments - thanks :-).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.