Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Visa/Hilton Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2012, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Visa/Hilton Promotion

Didn't see this anywhere else in the forum (did a quick search so apologies if this has been a long-standing offer). Just got an e-mail informing me that if I registered a Visa card I'd get an extra 1000 HHonors points plus 4000 more if I used the card for $100+ in purchases at a US Hilton. Seems like they want the info for targeted text message marketing so it's a trade-off for selling your own info.

Here is the sign-up page:

https://rtm.visa.com/ExpressEnroll/H...Enroll/Landing

I don't currently have a Hilton stay planned domestically but I might add one for this.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 4:10 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
The signup page doesn't state anything about the bonus points. General information page does, though, at:

http://www.visa.com/HiltonHHonors/

Says you can enroll up to 3 cards. I wonder if you get the 1000+4000 bonus for each one? Also, terms and conditions do tell you how to opt out of the service later.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 5:15 pm

Signed up too

Did it with 2 cards, wonder if it is double. I doubt it...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 7:26 pm

Will this stack on top of the "More Points" program?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 8:42 pm

I went ahead and enrolled 3 cards and sent an e-mail to them inquiring about multiple credit cards. Would be nice to get 15,000 points!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 8:51 pm
QBK

Originally Posted by cyin
I went ahead and enrolled 3 cards and sent an e-mail to them inquiring about multiple credit cards. Would be nice to get 15,000 points!
Well done, you. ^ Please share results.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Entered with two cards.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), SPG, Marriott Rewards, ALoyalty, Club Carlson, M&M
It doesn't seem to say anywhere, but I'm afraid this offer is only for US residents, right? I've got a German HHonors VISA card, but I can't even enter my German mobile phone number ...
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:42 am
QBK

Originally Posted by DannyDarko
It doesn't seem to say anywhere, but I'm afraid this offer is only for US residents, right? I've got a German HHonors VISA card, but I can't even enter my German mobile phone number ...
Several comments on this blog post confirm that international residents are SOL.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:51 pm

The login page doesn't seem to work.

Am thinking about doing this for myself and my wife, and then asking the hotel to "split the bill" in my upcoming visit to embassy suites. you think that will work for getting the 4k bonus on both accounts?

I think this would be stackable with the "more points" promo, because this is a visa promo and they probably don't link up to the hhonors "more points" system.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by QBK
Well done, you. ^ Please share results.
I just did this and got confirmation on the 1,000 points earnings. Will register more cards and try to split the bill. Please let us know if this would work for multiple cards on the reservation.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Do they send a confirmation text - or take your word for it with the phone number?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Do they send a confirmation text - or take your word for it with the phone number?
First you get a text with a confirmation code to input on the website. Then you get a welcome text message, and then a third message once you enroll to confirm that you will get the 1,000 points. So yes, you need to enter an actual number so you can receive the first confirmation code, which you need to enroll.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
You seem to be able to enroll more than one HH # using the same cellphone # (just signed up both Mrs User Name and myself but using my cell # both times).
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Delta MM; HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum, ICH Platinum Ambassador, Hertz Gold
Thanks for posting this offer. I enrolled 3 VISA cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.