Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Old Dec 30, 2000, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Amex Plat

I was doing some office cleaning yesterday and came by some HHonors 10,000 point reward discount coupons that are at least about 4 years ago. There is no expiration date and on the terms & conditions, #4 to receive the discount, member must be a current VIP member. I can use the coupons for up to 20,000 off a 100,000 point or more award. I can't remember why I got these but I have 4 10,000 point discount coupons & 1 20,000 discount coupon. Any one know if these are still good-- Since I am a VIP, don/t know why I should not be able to use them? Right!
Old Dec 30, 2000, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
I understand the 10k are good for Silver and the 20k (also 2 x 10k) for Gold VIP's when redeeming for a 100k award or above.

HH discontinued issuing them a couple of years ago, but I have seen no mention of existing certificates not being usable, and I have assumed that I will be able to use mine at some stage in the future!
Old Jan 2, 2001, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
No Good! Send to me! Seriously, my understanding is that they are good as long as you remain "gold," etc. I've got a couple 10,000 point certificates too and plan on using one or both the next time I use a 100,000 point plus award.
Old Jan 2, 2001, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
I used a 2 of the 20,000 certs last year and a couple of the 10,000 for Hawaii awards and didn't have a problem at all. Mail them in with your reward request and check your statement to make sure they deducted the appropriate amount of points.

ctmike
Old Feb 8, 2001, 9:57 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
20,000 point discout certs

I received one of these and a 10,000 point discount cert, a LONG time ago (4 years?).
Both had no exp date on them.

They were good for crediting your account w/the points if you made a hhonors reward reservation over 100,000 points.

Has anybody seen these lately or anything like them????
Old Feb 9, 2001, 9:04 am

Those wonderful certificates were discontinued a few years ago. You can still use those you have, but no new ones are being issued.
Old Jul 13, 2001, 1:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Do Hilton still honour 20,000 VIP Discount Certs

I have a number of these which I have kept over the years. I know they're not issued any more, but can I still use them?
Old Jul 13, 2001, 1:52 am

Programs: KLM Platinum, BA Gold, ex-HHonors Diamond, Starwood SPG Gold (ex-Platinum), StarChoice
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Markie:
I know they're not issued any more, but can I still use them?</font>
If there's no fine print on them indicating expiry, I don't see why they should not be honoured. A quick call to HHonors customer service should do the trick for official clarification?

What is the exact nature of those certs? (I've only been Diamond the last 2 years)
Old Jul 13, 2001, 2:30 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
I haven't seen the 20K ones in awhile, but recently used an old 10K one in Phoenix. I would think the way they are handing out Gold, as well as showering us with points everytime we change our socks, that 10 or 20K off of a 100K and up redemption is a mere drop in the bucket. As long as they have no expiration you should be OK. The one I just used merely stated "as long as you remain VIP..."
Old Jul 13, 2001, 4:48 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
HHonors discontinued sending them to VIP's about 4 or 5 years ago.

Yes, they will HHonor the ones out there as there are no expiration dates on them!
Old Jul 13, 2001, 5:40 am
Suspended

Yes I recently used 2 for an award. They will also let you request an award, have the(total amount) points deducted and when you mail the certs in they redeposit the 10k certs to you account, saves time in the overall process.
Also accepted the certs my wife had (with different account numbers) left over from before our account was combined to make a Mutual.
Old Jul 13, 2001, 7:39 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond
Just used a 20,000 point one.

They also will still accept the silver 10,000 ones as well.

There was never an expiration date printed on them.

MIKESILV, I think you were fortunate, If I remember the print on the cert, they were not to be combined. nice to see you had good luck.
Old Jul 13, 2001, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Sweet Willie
You got me worried since we still have about 12 of those 10k certs left (6 each for my wife and I)so I called HHonors and gave them my wife's old account number (as printed on the cert)and it came up as the number of our Mutual account. They confirmed that there still valid, the rule is if you are Silver you can use one against a 100K or higher reward if you are Gold you can use two.
Mike
Old Jul 13, 2001, 1:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MIKESILV:
the rule is if you are Silver you can use one against a 100K or higher reward if you are Gold you can use two. Mike </font>
That's correct. Gold and above can use either one 20K cert or two 10K certs when requesting a reward valued at 100K points or more.
Old Jul 13, 2001, 5:22 pm

Thanks for the update, I have one 20K and two 10K. One of the conditions is that the cert be applied to HHonors reward of 100K points or more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.